New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

My December 2016 cruise in Aqua was $1649 with beverage, grats and $300 obc. New pricing today brings it to $2049 each, $800 more total per cabin to get the same plus internet.

My November 2015 cruise which I got a 1A with beverage and $100 obc was $1049 per. Now, with choosing 2, it's $1239 each or about $400 more total.

I appreciate their desire to change things up/increase revenue, but so far, for me, the new pricing raises my cost so I'm going to take a break, try another line, and see how that works out.

If your two cruises are already booked, why not just keep what you have with the all-inclusion for your Dec. 2016 cruise and pick 2 for your Nov. 2015 cruise? These two cruises aren't going to cost you more if you keep your reservations as is. Then going forward, reevaluate your options for future cruises?

I see the "go big" price...but I don't see any option for go better or go best???

Is the cruise before October? If so, the explanation could be that the new structure isn't in effect for your cruise. It was announced to start with Oct cruises. Perhaps Celebrity decided to continue to offer 1 of the 123 Go perks, but it was "cleaner" to call the price "Go Big"

Just hypothesizing...

Jane

PS I just tested this on a Sept Canada/NE sailing. My theory didn't hold. I was offered Big, Better or Best options when I checked through to do a mock booking.

Edited by JaneStarr
Edited to add info

Is the cruise before October? If so, the explanation could be that the new structure isn't in effect for your cruise. Perhaps Celebrity decided to continue to offer 1 of the 123 Go perks, but it was "cleaner" to call the price "Go Big"

Just hypothesizing...

Jane

Caribbean cruise in December.....all I see is $150 per person....and an increase of $300 for the cabin. What a deal :)

It appears that single occupancy cabins now get charged for the price of two people when adding perks. Whether or not Celebrity meant to do this is anyone's guess but if they didnt you would think they would have anticipated this issue and programmed it into their system. I am glad my cruises for next year are booked with 123 added for free so I will not have to deal with this for awhile.:rolleyes:

Plus the base price of my C2 cabin is $300 less than what they are listing now for the cheapest veranda on Connie for one of my cruises.

Caribbean cruise in December.....all I see is $150 per person....and an increase of $300 for the cabin. What a deal :)

Really puzzling! Wonder if it could be an IT glitch?

(Note that I went back and edited my original post to reflect that my theory didn't hold.

Jane

Hello all,

We decided that the new 'Best' pricing for our 7 Feb 16 cruise is actually $200 less (net) than what we are paying currently. As such, we will be taking the new deal. Yes, the internet package will not be used to its' fullest yet it is still a perk/freebee to factor in regardless, for us. Never the less, provides us, with an 'All (mostly) Inclusive' deal.

Please know that I did not ascribe my own value(s) of the packages to the calculations, only X's, so no judgement as to its' worth other than theirs, as published was used.

Thanks to Cle-Guy for posting about doing a spread sheet to calculate costs and etc... with the $490 OBC we get, this can go towards spas and tours and shopping.. Oh My.

Edited by Bo1953

Really puzzling! Wonder if it could be an IT glitch?

(Note that I went back and edited my original post to reflect that my theory didn't hold.

Jane

I've checked multiple cruises on multiple dates and geographies and the only thing I see is GO BIG and that's not a choice...it's $150 a person OBC. I guess in the large scheme of things that assures that everyone will spend at least $150 on board on something.....it could be an excursion, meals, drinks or just Gratuities. I guess the intent was to raise the average revenue per passenger per day...and if you make them pay an extra $150 so they must buy $150 OBC, you've accomplished your goal....but if they use that money to pay the gratuities, I'm not sure how celebrity benefits. But wait....then there's the current "select only" dining time open "(IMHO) scam" to force everyone to pay their gratuities up front. Hmmm...that's interesting.....Maybe Lisa will shed some light on this later today.....

So can anyone book early/late dining on a new cruise.....and would someone give me a cruise with all the big, bigger, best options showing.

I just did a random mock booking for 2 on 12/11/15 Equinox Caribbean. Offered me all options in Big, Better, Best for OceanView.

No idea why the difference?

Here's screenshot:

15dqcdh.jpg

Edited by JaneStarr

I've checked multiple cruises on multiple dates and geographies and the only thing I see is GO BIG and that's not a choice...it's $150 a person OBC. I guess in the large scheme of things that assures that everyone will spend at least $150 on board on something.....it could be an excursion, meals, drinks or just Gratuities. I guess the intent was to raise the average revenue per passenger per day...and if you make them pay an extra $150 so they must buy $150 OBC, you've accomplished your goal....but if they use that money to pay the gratuities, I'm not sure how celebrity benefits. But wait....then there's the current "select only" dining time open "(IMHO) scam" to force everyone to pay their gratuities up front. Hmmm...that's interesting.....Maybe Lisa will shed some light on this later today.....

So can anyone book early/late dining on a new cruise.....and would someone give me a cruise with all the big, bigger, best options showing.

As per X's web site:

Prepaid Tips for two

Free Tips option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s).

Also, you must, as I was, using other options when doing the booking i.e. age or state or other such which knocks out the option for the new specials. Try it using a sailing AFTER September 2015 again.

Good luck.

Yikes :eek: Started checking this a.m. the 3 cruises we have booked. Started with a very short 3 night Caribbean Quickie for Jan. 4, '16 - Concierge 1 we paid;

$938 with free Bev Pkg, free Grats, $200 OBC

with this short cruise their is no Big, Better, Best offered that I could see and price is now $1,218 cruise only

Moving on to our Alaska - May '16 for a Aqua 1 we paid;(this includes 6 nights post cruise tour)

$7,358 with Bev Pkg, Grats, $300 OBC

price is now $7,952.34 with $300 (150. pp) with Go Big

I'm afraid to even look at our Panama Canal cruise, Celebrity Suite for April, '17!!!! We love Celebrity but if what I'm seeing in pricing out our cruises is true then we will move up to a more premium line for the same prices. Or perhaps it is time to buy that motor home and see the good ol USA.:D

Edited by Jane2357

Just priced out my March 2016 cruise on the Connie, western Carib. We booked Aqua under the 123go promo (so all 3). Under the go better, which only gives us 2, it's $200 more expensive...figure in the gratifies, it's about $320 more expensive.

As per X's web site:

Prepaid Tips for two

Free Tips option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s).

Also, you must, as I was, using other options when doing the booking i.e. age or state or other such which knocks out the option for the new specials. Try it using a sailing AFTER September 2015 again.

Good luck.

Looking at the same cruise, I chose no discount options....(state/55+/...)...and I also tried just state. I didn't get that screen at all that shows good/better/best....just the $150 OBC per person. Interestingly, when I clicked for details on that credit, i was told I could pick any of three or four options...not just the $150. I also tried it with/without my captain's club number.

Me thinks that the IT department has once again demonstrated it's prowess...

Edited by ghstudio

Attempted to run a couple of mock bookings early this morning before most people were awake. Was able to run the numbers for upcoming cruise in Dec., but tried later to do for my Med cruise next year, won't let me choose any bundle, just keeps giving me 300 on board credit. Hope my TA will be able to run the numbers for me.

I will change to Best for my Dec Caribbean cruise, interested to see what the outcome of the Med pricing will be as we already have 3 perks. Imagine how slow the Internet will be......

RCL announced free high speed internet on Majesty of the Seas......more will follow.

Just checked Panama Canal April '17 - Celebrity Suite

we paid $10,698 with free Bev Pkg, Grats, $300 OBC and pd $354 to up grade drinks to Premium

best I can find to compare is an Aqua 2 (all other higher cabins sold out) which is $9,248 with Go Best Is anyone but me finding these prices crazy?

Yikes :eek: Started checking this a.m. the 3 cruises we have booked. Started with a very short 3 night Caribbean Quickie for Jan. 4, '16 - Concierge 1 we paid;

$938 with free Bev Pkg, free Grats, $200 OBC

with this short cruise their is no Big, Better, Best offered that I could see and price is now $1,218 cruise only

Moving on to our Alaska - May '16 for a Aqua 1 we paid;(this includes 6 nights post cruise tour)

$7,358 with Bev Pkg, Grats, $300 OBC

price is now $7,952.34 with $300 (150. pp) with Go Big

I'm afraid to even look at our Panama Canal cruise, Celebrity Suite for April, '17!!!! We love Celebrity but if what I'm seeing in pricing out our cruises is true then we will move up to a more premium line for the same prices. Or perhaps it is time to buy that motor home and see the good ol USA.:D

Hello all,

We decided that the new 'Best' pricing for our 7 Feb 16 cruise is actually $200 less (net) than what we are paying currently. As such, we will be taking the new deal. Yes, the internet package will not be used to its' fullest yet it is still a perk/freebee to factor in regardless, for us. Never the less, provides us, with an 'All (mostly) Inclusive' deal.

Please know that I did not ascribe my own value(s) of the packages to the calculations, only X's, so no judgement as to its' worth other than theirs, as published was used.

Thanks to Cle-Guy for posting about doing a spread sheet to calculate costs and etc... with the $490 OBC we get, this can go towards spas and tours and shopping.. Oh My.

Bo

I think you're on our cruise.

How did you price anything for that cruise?

When I try to look at it everything except insides and Suites shows as sold out so it won't show me ANY prices to compare.

(Not sure why I'm even checking, though.

We booked a LONG time ago and prices seem to be about $1000/pp more.

We booked under the whole 1, 2, 3 so the only upgrades would be unlimited internet (a $245 value with our Elite discount) and the Premium drink package (a $330 value).

So the $575 it will cost is for those two upgrades would cost us about $2000! :eek:

Edited by chamima

I'm also finding that is appears your choices for choosing which package and perks you want seems to be tied to cabin level - at the Suite and Aqua level I was getting the choice - below that I was not and the verbiage said "you are qualified to choose". ? Anyone else getting that?

I'm viewing Equinox 12/11/15 sailing and X website forces you to Select Dining, while an on-line TA website allows you to choose main or late traditional.

If your two cruises are already booked, why not just keep what you have with the all-inclusion for your Dec. 2016 cruise and pick 2 for your Nov. 2015 cruise? These two cruises aren't going to cost you more if you keep your reservations as is. Then going forward, reevaluate your options for future cruises?

Oh I am. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I grab dummy bookings to see if future cruises were going to be comparable or considerably more for basically the same options. I love Celebrity and am definitely keeping my bookings but will check other lines in the future.

I'm also finding that is appears your choices for choosing which package and perks you want seems to be tied to cabin level - at the Suite and Aqua level I was getting the choice - below that I was not and the verbiage said "you are qualified to choose". ? Anyone else getting that?

Jane

I couldn't find anything for our Feb. 7, 2016 cruise (showed all sold) so I did a dummy booking for Feb. 21.

Concierge gave me all 3 choices for that cruise.

The web site is currently completely messed up.....if you look at a cruise and it shows a category available, you can't book any cabins....tried with multiple cruises.

I hate to pick on the same guys...but wouldn't you think that IT would actually test their system BEFORE the day of announcement. If I were LISA and about to talk to CC...I'd be furious.

Jane

I couldn't find anything for our Feb. 7, 2016 cruise (showed all sold) so I did a dummy booking for Feb. 21.

Concierge gave me all 3 choices for that cruise.

Good to know Karen - thanks. My goodness - the prices on all 3 of my booked cruises have gone up and the Alaska A1 and the P.C. Celebrity Suite are MUCH higher for a lot less perks than we booked with unless you want intranet and we do not. :( I'm afraid at these prices that after 2017 - we won't be sailing with Celebrity - we'll move up the food chain for true luxury or venture off on roads un-known. :cool: I'm so grateful that I got the cruises booked now that we did before this went down this path.

Looking at the same cruise, I chose no discount options....(state/55+/...)...and I also tried just state. I didn't get that screen at all that shows good/better/best....just the $150 OBC per person. Interestingly, when I clicked for details on that credit, i was told I could pick any of three or four options...not just the $150. I also tried it with/without my captain's club number.

Me thinks that the IT department has once again demonstrated it's prowess...

I'm not an IT person, but what appears to be happening is that your "settings" are somehow defaulting to special pricing options (55+/resident/etc).

I expect the IT people would tell you to clear your cache or something.

When I did that mock booking for 12/11/15 Equinox, It didn't even show me those options until after I got past the screen that I posted earlier which showed at the GO! choices.

The website seems to be down (overloaded?) right now, so I can't look back to exactly where it appeared, but there was a very small option in regular typeface to click on to show more pricing options.

EDITED to add Verbiage;

In regular black type face the following appears right under the Go! options. It doesn't show in the screenshot I posted earlier because it's too low on the page.

"Want to see if you qualify for a different discount?"

Edited by JaneStarr
To add info

A couple of hours ago X website did not display "better" or "best" options, only "go big". And, like others, only the $150 OBC was offered under "go big".

Now I am seeing all 3 pricing options display, with the ability to select which perk you want under "big" and "better" models.

For what it's worth, I did a price comparison of 3 voyages yesterday vs. today In each case, the entry level balcony price (cat 2D) did not change when using the "go big" option today vs. "123go" yesterday.

Edited by BEAV