Seat Savers / Chair Hogs

Mark-Sheffield

I wonder why Port Royal lowers him/herself to be on a P and O forum. Any time they have been on here it has been to ridicule P and O cruisers. No wonder I avoid Cunard if they have snobs like this. :(

Quote agree, his or her comments on here reinforce my decision taken long ago not to cruise on Cunard.

We need to be careful who we are tarring with the "saving sun loungers" brush, as in my experience it is very often those that have not needed to save a seat by the pool for their kids, a long time ago. Some of the rudest behaviour I have experienced onboard has come from those that are in the twig high of their cruising days...

We need to be careful who we are tarring with the "saving sun loungers" brush, as in my experience it is very often those that have not needed to save a seat by the pool for their kids, a long time ago. Some of the rudest behaviour I have experienced onboard has come from those that are in the twig high of their cruising days...

Oh I do agree! I think I'm in the "mid/late afternoon" bracket.....:D

on our last cruise in the caribbean a german ship berthed alongside us. The thought crossed my mind. I wonder what time an all german ship get up to reserve a lounger ?

That's what we thought. I know we shouldn't make sweeping generalisations, but it did make us all chuckle thinking well if we have to get up at 7am, God knows what time the Germans get up !

In a hotel in Majorca we stayed once they put them out before going to bed and one morning some Brits went out and threw them all in the pool - it caused quite a row.

At a Majorca hotel we stayed in a couple of times with our family, they closed off the pool area late each evening and it did not re-open until 8.00am. You should have seen the queue each morning waiting for them to allow access to the sunbeds - just like Harrods sale 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The two above staying preferences appear to be a long way from persinal experiences at Protur Playa in Calor Millor.

Please publish the names of your Hotels of choice, as some CC members might find them most attractive.

The two above staying preferences appear to be a long way from persinal experiences at Protur Playa in Calor Millor.

Please publish the names of your Hotels of choice, as some CC members might find them most attractive.

This was a few years ago and I would hate to recommend a particular hotel by name, encouraging others to book there, in case the policy has changed in the intervening few years. I do think that it is a policy which many other hotels could follow but it would be impossible on a cruise ship.

The rudest and most obnoxious passenger I have ever had the misfortune to come into contact with on a ship was on Queen Victoria in May so Cunard is by no means immune.

The rudest and most obnoxious passenger I have ever had the misfortune to come into contact with on a ship was on Queen Victoria in May so Cunard is by no means immune.

One single rude and obnoxious person on a Cunard ship? - I'll settle for that anytime :D

Best not to declare how many hundreds you'll find on another well known line :rolleyes:

One single rude and obnoxious person on a Cunard ship? - I'll settle for that anytime :D

Best not to declare how many hundreds you'll find on another well known line :rolleyes:

She said 'the rudest most obnoxious person'. Cunard could actually have lots of them.

In a hotel in Majorca we stayed once they put them out before going to bed and one morning some Brits went out and threw them all in the pool - it caused quite a row.

Oh dear so World War 3 started? We shall fight them on the beaches and in the hotel pools in Majorca !!

Rule Britannia.

Rude and obnoxious people on Cunard, probably, but no Chavs, surely ? I thought all Cunard pax were vetted pre cruise and their baggage searched for Adidas Trackies and trainers?

Mmm, I was thinking about QM2 next year, Sydney to Singapore, might have to reconsider.

Edited by NSWP

A few years ago we stopped in a suite on Independence of the Seas and at dinner we was sat next to large family group of about 8 or 10 with siblings, children and the parents who were also in a suite, but I don't the rest of the family was. The reason why we knew this is that they never missed an oppotunity to talk about their Gold Sea Pass Card (as opposed to Blue on RCI for other cabins). They were demanding of the waiters to the point that you knew it was just making a point and it served no purpose.

In the shops and bars they would talk very loudly about their suite and how the concierge would be booking various trips for them.

My point from this story is you will always find rude people with over inflated egos, whether that be in a concierge lounge or on the sun decks when they feel they have a God given right to save a lounger just in case they might use it at sometime during the day !

manners maketh man

Pity the poor staff who have to try and keep the peace among the battling hordes!

We are relative newbies to cruising, with a few P&0 and one Cunard cruise under our belts. But I have to say, we have always found a sun bed...not that we particularly want to be in the front line by the pool. Nor have I witnessed any heated arguments. Perhaps next time...:rolleyes:

I did get annoyed on disembarkation day once, when I made the mistake of collecting breakfast at the buffet and then walking round and round and round looking for a table. Every space I saw was being saved for someone. grrr. Next trip we will go to the MDR instead.:)

Rude and obnoxious people on Cunard, probably, but no Chavs, surely ? I thought all Cunard pax were vetted pre cruise and their baggage searched for Adidas Trackies and trainers?

Mmm, I was thinking about QM2 next year, Sydney to Singapore, might have to reconsider.

Don't reconsider. Its a lovely ship and not as 'elite' as some wouLD have you think. Very similar to P&O but the food is better IMO.

Surprised someone hasn't insisited on that!!! :D

Don't be so sure - I think the 'vetting' process must have gone awry on this cruise.......

Extract from one of my earlier posts:

I wasn't too impressed by the guy with baseball cap, sleeveless vest, shorts, socks and trainers who was busy taking a video of the string quartet on formal night on the QE either!

And like Dorset Cruiser we've really enjoyed Cunard and don't find it to be dominated by those who would wish it to be, or portray it as, being the domain of some kind of 'superior' beings (in their own minds at least). We have enjoyed the company of some lovely people on board - and not ones who seem to feel the need to put others down!

Edited by kruzseeka

Surprised someone hasn't insisited on that!!! :D

Don't be so sure - I think the 'vetting' process must have gone awry on this cruise.......

Extract from one of my earlier posts:

I wasn't too impressed by the guy with baseball cap, sleeveless vest, shorts, socks and trainers who was busy taking a video of the string quartet on formal night on the QE either!

And like Dorset Cruiser we've really enjoyed Cunard and don't find it to be dominated by those who would wish it to be, or portray it as, being the domain of some kind of 'superior' beings (in their own minds at least). We have enjoyed the company of some lovely people on board - and not ones who seem to feel the need to put others down!

Had to join in with this thread about Cunard and passengers. For anyone who has not seen this episode of 'Keeping up Appearances' (whether you like it or not) you have to check this one out. Hyacinth Bucket goes on the QE2 ... it is a classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O018cGoijd8

Hmmm - well there was also the guy on the QM2 TA who had obviously been to Burberry's and bought a cap and there was no way he was going to be parted from it - he wore it in the Jacuzzis and even the MDR!

I guess Cunard like to consider them eccentric rather than anything else!

Edited by Host Sharon

Hmmm - well there was also the guy on the QM2 TA who had obviously been to Burberry's and bought a cap and there was no way he was going to be parted from it - he wore it in the Jacuzzis and even the MDR!

I guess Cunard like to consider them eccentric rather than anything else!

LOL, that made me chuckle,