Summit has azipod problem leaving from New York

Tangocherie

How can Celebrity fix the problem if you don't say something about it. I would have been down to Guest Relations immediately. Imagine the poor guy to come in after your cruise to no hot water. What did you do, go to the guy to shower? Would you complain if they ran out of food or your stateroom attendant didn't make up your room. Those aren't complaints in my opinion. Those are issues that the ship should want to correct.

I showered in my room in cold water. Im not you and I did not go down to guest relations immediately. I didnt care enough and no, the sink also did not have hot water. I wont lose sleep over showering in cold water or not reporting it. Life has larger problems.

Food is hardly the same as hot water.

As for making up my room, I honestly keep a very tidy room (especially because those balcony rooms are small) and if it wasnt made up in one week, I woulnt care. I just need new shampoo/ conditioner since I didnt bring any this time. Our steward was excellent by the way. I think if the steward didnt make up the rooms, he would lose his job so he is going to do it. Its hardly the same comparison.

Goldesq: did you let your room steward know about the lack of hot water?

If you had cold water everyday, I would think that they would want to know about it so they could fix the problem. I don't think you would have been inconveniencing anyone...they have guys onboard just to repair situations like that. Perhaps the people next to you also had the same problem? The ship personnel wouldn't know if you didn't say something to someone. You may as well have hot water, it's part of your cruise fare. Just sayin'.....

This is my last comment on the hot water issue. I did not mention it to the steward. I did not even give it a second thought and I never mentioned I didnt tell someone for the fear of inconveniencing someone. I simply just took the shower with cold water and went on with my day. I have given this issue more time here on these boards then I ever could have imagined. It didnt even give it a second thought about it (until everyone on the boards are going on and on and on about it).

I guess I am more of a 'go with the flow kind of person' and dont let little things bother me. I have much larger concerns. I go on vacation to try and forget about them.

Goldesq: did you let your room steward know about the lack of hot water?

If you had cold water everyday, I would think that they would want to know about it so they could fix the problem. I don't think you would have been inconveniencing anyone...they have guys onboard just to repair situations like that. Perhaps the people next to you also had the same problem? The ship personnel wouldn't know if you didn't say something to someone. You may as well have hot water, it's part of your cruise fare. Just sayin'.....

I showered in my room in cold water. Im not you and I did not go down to guest relations immediately. I didnt care enough and no, the sink also did not have hot water. I wont lose sleep over showering in cold water or not reporting it. Life has larger problems.

Food is hardly the same as hot water.

As for making up my room, I honestly keep a very tidy room (especially because those balcony rooms are small) and if it wasnt made up in one week, I woulnt care. I just need new shampoo/ conditioner since I didnt bring any this time. Our steward was excellent by the way. I think if the steward didnt make up the rooms, he would lose his job so he is going to do it. Its hardly the same comparison.

I am gather that if you don't have hot water at home - you don't do anything about either.......

I certainly wouldn't accuse you of being selfish, as some other posters have. Some people on this board live in a black and white world apparently and feel free to tell others exactly what they should and shouldn't do, even going so far as becoming indignant when you don't agree :rolleyes:

I assume you did in fact shower, so you must have had at least tepid water.

However, I do think that if you are going to publically publish a complaint then, in all fairness, you should have given the service provider an opportunity to fix it first.

I don't let anything spoil my fun either, so good for you for being a go with flow person :D

I know it sounds unlikely, but sometimes, some people (including me once thinking i had pushed it and had not) don't know there is a little button you have to push to get the water knob to get to the "hottest" setting...

I did not know there was a button to get to the hottest setting. This was our first time in Aqua. It would have bee nice for hanging some clothes in the bathroom to smooth out some wrinkles with the steam from the shower.

Can you describe where it's at?

The button itself is green (I think). Anyway, it is on the knob that you turn towards the wall of the shower to get water. Push the button in and then turn the knob. Then you can adjust the temperature from there. :)

Edited by gimletgal

I personally believe that if you have an issue with the room, you should give the management an opportunity to resolve it. Or do it yourself.

When we were on the Reflection, I did not have hot water in the bathroom. It was lukewarm at best. I just figured many others were taking showers at the same time. The next morning, it happened again. So I decided to try my homeowner skills. I popped off a cover and noted that the hot water control valve had been nearly turned off. I opened it and presto--hot water returned. I cannot figure out who would have turned down the hot water valve. So I and the next group of cruisers will enjoy hot water.

Chengkp75- I too want to thank you for your service to our country and here on these boards.

Thanks for the shout out to the WW II merchant marines.my dad and uncle both served in that capacity. My uncles boat was torpedoed and he spent several days floating in the ocean. They both eventually received their honorable discharge papers and we're thrilled. ( dad even used them once for a cruise discount and was so proud. Our family was humbled to have 3 different military members at his graveside when we bid him farewell.

That's it. I've decided to bring along my plumbing tools in case there's a problem with the hot water. I'm also bringing carpenter tools in case the drawers or doors slam (see another thread on this issue ). I'm also bring my electricians tools and installing a few more outlets in my cabin (see another thread on extension cords and surge protectors). Do I have everything covered?

Chef knives and apron? Check. How about my tool chest in case of another azipod failure? (Or do they just use AAA?)

Can you make sushi? Or how about a show like Japanese steak house chef's? As long as you're bringing your knives and apron, don't forget the chef hat. :rolleyes:

That's it. I've decided to bring along my plumbing tools in case there's a problem with the hot water. I'm also bringing carpenter tools in case the drawers or doors slam (see another thread on this issue ). I'm also bring my electricians tools and installing a few more outlets in my cabin (see another thread on extension cords and surge protectors). Do I have everything covered?

May we please have your cabin # to contact you in case we need your services?;):D

Can you make sushi? Or how about a show like Japanese steak house chef's? As long as you're bringing your knives and apron, don't forget the chef hat. :rolleyes:

Can't do sushi and I no longer do the Japanese chef show (due to insurance reasons), (if you get my drift). I will be bringing two extremely valuable tools: a corkscrew and a bottle opener.

Can't do sushi and I no longer do the Japanese chef show (due to insurance reasons), (if you get my drift). I will be bringing two extremely valuable tools: a corkscrew and a bottle opener.

Are you this funny in person too? If so, thinking our cruise will be an even greater trip.

I did not know there was a button to get to the hottest setting. This was our first time in Aqua. It would have bee nice for hanging some clothes in the bathroom to smooth out some wrinkles with the steam from the shower.

Can you describe where it's at?

Like someone else said, it is might be (or is) green...On the knob that is used to control the water temperature there is a "break" (or I might describe as an indentation) in the middle...the button is there...the knob itself turns freely from cold to warm...but to get it to go past warm you have to press in the button while turning the knob past warm to get hot.

Those last two "tools" are the most important of all, provided you've got available hootch!

How 'bout adding a grill to your list? Would be nice for you to hold a BBQ out on your veranda.They make a folding version, don't they?!!.....just a suggestion.