Do you laugh secretly at the pictures hanging at the photo gallery?

mcatmcat

I know some people will attack me for me saying this but I was wondering if anybody else laughs at the pictures hanging at the photo gallery during the cruise. I mean I don't laugh if you have a physical problem or anything like that but some people look so funny on those pic that we can resist laughing in secret

Of course! Cruise ship photographers have a unique ability to turn even the most beautiful people into photographic nightmares.

Carnival used to actually encourage it when they would go around the sun decks with those round life floats, taking pictures of them sitting on sleeping people's bums.

I have been known to chuckle at them, yes. On our last cruise they used a green screen for the boarding photo and one family had on green shirts that was the same color as the screen. Their boarding photo was a set of disembodied heads. (And after seeing I found our photo and DW had been wearing a green shirt too, although hers was darker than the screen so her torso has a washed out effect.)

Never look at them.

And as a former pro photographer, they have a hide to call them photographers.

I really wonder if they get any vetting or training.

Some of our best pictures have been taken by cruise ship photographers. While we've had some stinkers also :D, some of been very good!

Sherri:)

We stopped having our photos taken when we realized that they is always strangers in the background. But I have to agree, some of the photos hanging are fun to look at.

The only time I was bothered by something was when a young man (late 20s or early 30s) was looking at photographs and saw one he liked. His comment went something like this "WOW look at her". I had just looked at that photo and it looked like she had to be a young teenager. "I wonder who she is. I think I'll buy this photo and put it on my desk." Then big laughs from his buddy as he took the photo off the wall and went to check out.

We laugh at ourselves a lot and really enjoy accidentally finding pictures of people we've met on the ship.

We mostly only look for our own pictures, but it's difficult to find them sometimes so we always end up seeing a lot of others in the process.

It never gets old asking the person working there how to tell which pictures are ours. You'd think they'd know that one by now, but they always chuckle anyway.

Tom

Have seen some that made say, "Yowza! How about some sunscreen?" :eek:

Yep, we have one of DW where her shoulders are burnt following our day at Great Stirrup Cay. She regretted bringing a strapless dress for dress up or not night.

We stopped having our photos taken when we realized that they is always strangers in the background. But I have to agree, some of the photos hanging are fun to look at.

The only time I was bothered by something was when a young man (late 20s or early 30s) was looking at photographs and saw one he liked. His comment went something like this "WOW look at her". I had just looked at that photo and it looked like she had to be a young teenager. "I wonder who she is. I think I'll buy this photo and put it on my desk." Then big laughs from his buddy as he took the photo off the wall and went to check out.

Wow, creeper factor of, like, a bazillion:eek:

We sat at a table where a woman had a major argument with the cruise photographer about not having her picture taken in the MDR. It ended up with her stopping him by holding a side plate in front of her face.

I nearly wet myself when my daughter pointed out the photograph of this woman with a plate in front of her face on the racks.

Lol John

Edited by john watson

I have been known to chuckle at them, yes. On our last cruise they used a green screen for the boarding photo and one family had on green shirts that was the same color as the screen. Their boarding photo was a set of disembodied heads. (And after seeing I found our photo and DW had been wearing a green shirt too, although hers was darker than the screen so her torso has a washed out effect.)

I love this! If I knew for sure they'd be using a green screen on our next cruise, I'd make sure I had the right colour shirt to just be a disembodied head. :p

Don't really laugh...but I do sometimes look at what people are wearing and find it amazing that the spent time picking out the outfit, got dressed, looked in the mirror and thought to themselves; "Dang! I look gooooooooooooood!" :D

Of course...others may be thinking the same thing when they see us.