I bought an Holland America umbrella !

holacanada

Hello fellow cruisers !

I've just disembark the Veendam today in Quebec city.

Just for information, I forgot to buy a souvenir to a friend of mine and while in the Saint-Laurence river cruising toward Quebec, all the shops closed before yesterday. Being annoyed by this fact, I had the idea (!) to bought him an umbrella (in our SPA cabin, the blue one with the Holland America signature). So I went to the Front office and ask to keep and pay for that.

The lady gave me her OK, prepare me a receipt and sold me the umbrella.

The price : 12.00 $ WOW !!! For a very last minute souvenir…

Holacanada from Quebec city.

Edited by holacanada

Hello fellow cruisers !

I've just disembark the Veendam today in Quebec city.

Just for information, I forgot to buy a souvenir to a friend of mine and while in the Saint-Laurence river cruising toward Quebec, I had the «bright» idea (!) to bought him an umbrella (in our cabin, the blue one with the Holland America signature). So I went to the front office and ask to keep and pay for that.

The lady gave me her OK, prepare me a receipt and gave me the umbrella.

The price : 12.00 $ WOW !!!

Holacanada from Quebec city.

So that's why there wasn't one in my cabin when I boarded today. C'est ta faute! :)

LOL !!!

Have a nice Canada and New England cruise ! Bonne croisière ;)

Holacanada

Ever see the ones - umbrellas - they sell in the store in old Quebec City, down from the funiculaire, that say "Merde, il pleut"? ;)

Ever see the ones - umbrellas - they sell in the store in old Quebec City, down from the funiculaire, that say "Merde, il pleut"? ;)

Actually, yes!

Rue de la Petite Champlaine, n'est-ce pas?

How have you been?

Edited by SilvertoGold

My favorite picture from our last cruise is with an umbrella that said, "dam rain"

There was a time when those umbrellas were given as prizes at HAL games & events.

Those were the days when prizes were prized.

I love those. Our guide in Quebec City had one. I saw a lot of it as we were dashing between buildings in the rain. :D

There was a time when those umbrellas were given as prizes at HAL games & events.

I dunno. If you solder 300 or so of the today's trivia pins together, you could build a decent shelter.

I dunno. If you solder 300 or so of the today's trivia pins together, you could build a decent shelter.

YOU could. For ME---sounds too much like work.

Besides, if the roof springs a leak, you still need the umbrella.

Some number of cruises ago, I found HAL 'dam' umbrellas in the gift shop. They folded quite small, were in a small lightweight aluminum case and were great gifts. I bought a bunch of them and had maybe two or three left. I have enjoyed using those umbrellas for ages and never saw them in any of the shops again.

Yes! I treasure mine and also my beach towels and sweatshirt. Loved those DAM dollars and all the fun ways to earn them.

Those were the days, lol!