Diamond Status - 3 Drinks Question: When?

My understanding is that once you reach diamond status you will have 3 free alcoholic drink coupons loaded on to your seapass card each day. Can these drinks be redeemed at any point in the day? Or can you only redeem the drinks during certain hours in the evening?

Thanks.

We've seen 430-8 and 5-830. It all depends on when dining times are. If dining is 530 and 8, then it's the earlier time, if it's 6 and 830, then the later. Our cruise in Nov on Vision has 845 dining time so I'm guessing happy hour times will be 515-845. We'll see.

My understanding is that once you reach diamond status you will have 3 free alcoholic drink coupons loaded on to your seapass card each day. Can these drinks be redeemed at any point in the day? Or can you only redeem the drinks during certain hours in the evening?

Thanks.

Also, you're not restricted to the 3 free drinks on your sea pass. You can have free drinks in the diamond or dedicated lounge, then go to one of the bars and use the 3 freebies (as long as it's within the same allotted time for nightly cocktails) usually 5:00-8:30 depending on ship.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

Some inconsistencies that vary from ship to ship:

1. The rules say that Diamond drinks cannot be redeemed at specialty resto and MDR, but I've read from this forum that some ships allow it. Can someone share which ships allow it?

2. If you dinner is at 8pm, can you take a glass of wine and a can of soda out of the Diamond lounge and take it to the MDR? Again I read some ships allow it, some don't.

3. And lastly, for ships that don't allow Diamond drinks to be redeemed at the MDR, can you just go to any of the bars on your way to the MDR and take out a glass of wine and bring it to the MDR? I guess the question is will the bars allow you to take out a wine glass??? Coz I always bring a glass of wine from my stateroom to the MDR (from the 2 allowed bottles I brought in during embarkation) with no problems on all ships.

Edited by roquejo

1. The rules say that Diamond drinks cannot be redeemed at specialty resto and MDR, but I've read from this forum that some ships allow it. Can someone share which ships allow it?

2. If you dinner is at 8pm, can you take a glass of wine and a can of soda out of the Diamond lounge and take it to the MDR? Again I read some ships allow it, some don't.

3. And lastly, for ships that don't allow Diamond drinks to be redeemed at the MDR, can you just go to any of the bars on your way to the MDR and take out a glass of wine and bring it to the MDR? I guess the question is will the bars allow you to take out a wine glass??? Coz I always bring a glass of wine from my stateroom to the MDR (from the 2 allowed bottles I brought in during embarkation) with no problems on all ships.

1- could be wrong but I've never heard of this happening.

2- usually allowed.

3- never a problem with this.

1- could be wrong but I've never heard of this happening.

2- usually allowed.

3- never a problem with this.

Thanks, for #1, I recalled reading some posters say some ships allow it. Guess it might depend on the officer on duty.

No problem as if #1 is not allowed, #3 would do the trick,

as for #2, I also recall reading somewhere that some ships are strict that they don't allow any drinks to be taken out of the Diamond lounge.

We all love to have a glass of wine with our food for dinner at the MDR..., guess Diamonds usually no longer need to bring 2 bottles of wine on board anymore.. unless one is very particular on the wine brand.

Edited by roquejo

Are you allowed to share these drinks ? We are Diamond , reciprocal from Celebrity Elite, and are travelling with SIL on her first cruise. Would we be able to get three drinks at the same time with one of our cards and give one to her ?

On the Freedom, earlier this year, we were already seated in MDR and I got up to go to one of the bars for a gin & tonic. The waiter asked if everything was alright, I explained what I was about to do and he said "no problem, sit and enjoy your meal, I'll go get your drink". And I did, and he did, and it was charged to the voucher. He asked every night hence if I wanted a cocktail.

It wouldn't hurt to ask your waiter on any ship you are on, but as stated, the RCI rule is no, it is not usable in the MDR. The waiters are experienced big boys and girls (young men and women, if you prefer) and they know what they are allowed to do.

Edited by Tagsalong

1. The rules say that Diamond drinks cannot be redeemed at specialty resto and MDR, but I've read from this forum that some ships allow it. Can someone share which ships allow it?...

I've never heard of any ship allowing this.

Are you allowed to share these drinks ? We are Diamond , reciprocal from Celebrity Elite, and are travelling with SIL on her first cruise. Would we be able to get three drinks at the same time with one of our cards and give one to her ?

My Parents & I cruise with Family from Florida 3 & 2 of their friends (all Diamond)

In April this year on INDY we would go to the Dog & Badger or VCL and ther would order drinks for us on their cards

Edited by Swath
Formatting

We turned Diamond before the last leg of three we recently took on Quantum.

We ordered our coupon drinks and were happily served them in all of the Dynamic Dinning complimentary restaurants.

We would have one or 2 in the Music Hall which served as the Diamond lounge on Quantum and then often take a drink with us to dinner. Once that one was consumed we would just order another.

Joining in here ....Can my husband and myself ( both Diamond) get comped premium Coffee ( no alcohol). Espresso, etc....?? Thanks.

Bobbi

I believe that they normally have a machine for complimentary coffees in the diamond lounge. As they did not have a diamond lounge as such on Quantum we were able to get comped Espressso, Cappuccino and Latte in the coffee shop all day.

I can confirm that we were able to order Diamond cocktails in any of the restaurants on Quantum during the designated hours. No need to run to a nearby bar!

Also, you're not restricted to the 3 free drinks on your sea pass. You can have free drinks in the diamond or dedicated lounge, then go to one of the bars and use the 3 freebies (as long as it's within the same allotted time for nightly cocktails) usually 5:00-8:30 depending on ship.

Tom

Sounds like Diamond members have no need of purchasing a beverage package

as long as they take good care of the lounge staff? Just wondering.

We enjoyed a beverage package during our last cruise before turning Diamond.

Some inconsistencies that vary from ship to ship:.

Good post. Over the past 10 years, I've seen people post about how things always are, but Royal, at the ship level does tend to be a bit inconsistent. Listen for announcments, or for paperwork in your cabin on your cruise.

On my November Allure sailing, I could not use the loaded drink coupons in the dining room, nor could I use it at the bar just outside of the dining room.

I had to go down to the Champagne bar, then back upstairs. I don't know if they would have given me 2 glasses at one time. But, even if they would have, it would have been impossible for me to carry 2 glasses back upstairs.

Sounds like Diamond members have no need of purchasing a beverage package

as long as they take good care of the lounge staff? Just wondering.

We enjoyed a beverage package during our last cruise before turning Diamond.

That is dependent on how much you will be consuming outside of the free beverages window.

Thanks.

Sorry. Probably get lambasted for saying

If you know that you get 3 free drinks, I can't believe you don't know when.

Anytime it's explained, it will almost always say when