Status Match program

Licisca

I was under the impression that the status match program was for first time cruisers with MSC .

we sailed YC earlier this year and last year and were led to believe that we are only classic with 1,000 points and cannot do a match even though we are Elite on Celebrity.

I've sailed on DIVINA but it was a free cruise I won on Facebook. It wasn't counted as a cruise for past passenger purposes because it was non-revenue.

I actually tried to join MSC's past passenger club afterward but wasn't permitted because of the non-revenue status. In the end it worked in my favor.

How long has it taken everyone to get an email back from MSC with their status?We have been waiting a week so far.:(

Thanks

Today is Friday & I submitted mine on Monday.

Probably a lot of people applying now.

I do not think there is a phone number to check on status.

How long has it taken everyone to get an email back from MSC with their status?We have been waiting a week so far.:(

Thanks

Have been waiting two weeks so far. A few days after submitting the application form I received a phone call from a personal vacation consultant trying to have me book a cruise. I asked about my status and was told I would get a Black card membership. I also received this email from the same vacation consultant:

Dear Bellaem,

Thank you for registering for MSC Cruises Loyalty Match! We are really pleased to introduce our new and exclusive Loyalty Match program dedicated to the frequent travelers like you!

At MSC Cruises, we have a passion for the sea and for discovery, and the MSC Voyagers Club is our way of rewarding those who share the same passion. It’s an exclusive world of privileges, savings, offers and extras to pamper you as only we know how.

In short, MSC Voyagers Club rewards your passion for travel! In the next 48-72 hours you will receive an email with your new MSC Voyagers Club Status. In the meantime, should you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the number below.

Kind regards,

Personal Vacation Consultant

Its been a lot more than 72 hours though as promised in the email, still waiting... :)

OK ............... I've been curious about this from the time this thread began and I really can't put off any longer asking this. What is so attractive about the benefits being offered which has caused this surge in interest - as a Black card holder, I'm just not getting it :confused: Had this been offered before the downgrading of perks, sure; I'd understand. But, with what's on offer now :confused::confused:

Sorry for the stupid question: For the registration online, which card number do they want on the second half CURRENT BENEFIT CARD DATA.

The club level member number of the program you are wanting to match

Edited by MrJoeBlack

I just received notification, following a seven day wait, that MSC matched my Elite status on Princess with the same on MSC.

I haven't yet heard about my wife and son, who also applied. My travel agent did tell me that MSC was absolutely swamped following the announcement of the Status Match program, so the wait hasn't been a surprise, nor a source of concern for me.

OK ............... I've been curious about this from the time this thread began and I really can't put off any longer asking this. What is so attractive about the benefits being offered which has caused this surge in interest - as a Black card holder, I'm just not getting it :confused: Had this been offered before the downgrading of perks, sure; I'd understand. But, with what's on offer now :confused::confused:

At least for a number of people who would book on Divina in the US but haven't sailed with MSC before, by signing up they get a 5% discount (or maybe even 19% if they're lucky). So it's worth it to them to get that discount.

Others, well, it's better than nothing if you have something upcoming already booked. ;-)

I have to go with Beamafar on their comment. I was Black before and it was good but I don't really see many benefits to get too excited about after the downgrade. I understand some might be happy about a 5% discount with the chance of higher but the higher discounts appear to be on less popular sailings.

I hope some of you will post what you think about MSC after you take a trip. Please let us know how it compares to your programs and cruises on other cruise lines. I feel a bit betrayed by MSC so I look forward to knowing what you think as I search for a new cruise line.

I finally got my Voyager status by e-mail after 2 weeks. I'm Platinum with Royal, and now am Silver with MSC.I don't know if it's the lowest or one above.

It's effectively the second tier of four, if you ignore the new welcome tier which is nothing at all (it entitles you to a newsletter and to use the club info point on board and log in online, nothing more than that)

Welcome:- 1 booked cruise

Classic:- 1 - 2,199 points

Silver:- 2,200 - 4,299 points

Gold:- 4,300 - 9,999 points

Black:- 10,000 points or more

Here are the benefits

voyager%205.jpg

voyager%206.jpg

voyager%207.jpg

Pete

We're Diamond on Carnival and submitted the information over 2 1/2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything by any venue - snail mail, e-mail, phone. I sent a copy of our Diamond cards and I put the date of membership as the date the Diamond program started since we were Diamond since it's inception.

We're looking at maybe booking an MSC cruise for next summer but I won't until I know that I have the status match and my member number.

Thanks, I did figure that out, but it was not very clear to me. They matched our Diamond status on RCCL, although we were high Gold with MSC anyways, but now we get to enjoy a few nice perks from the black card.

I am Elite on PCL but husband is Platinum so I did not use that cruise line to match.

So, am I to understand that even if you are already a member of the MSC Club, they will still match your highest standing with other lines?

So, am I to understand that even if you are already a member of the MSC Club, they will still match your highest standing with other lines?

we are classic with MSC but will be Black as soon as they process our Elite Celebrity match.

Problem is they do not offer much Like other cruiselines...internet, laundry etc.

We will be in the Yacht Club so we automatically get most of the benefits by cabin status alone.

we are classic with MSC but will be Black as soon as they process our Elite Celebrity match.

Problem is they do not offer much Like other cruiselines...internet, laundry etc.

We will be in the Yacht Club so we automatically get most of the benefits by cabin status alone.

I don't know if it'll matter to you, but, IIRC, you won't be able to accumulate points towards your MSC Voyagers Club when on a status match trip. If you're going to be in YC, why would you want to status match and lose out on loyalty points?