Independence Aug 2, 2015 Sold Out! **Really**??

The sailing for tomorrow is sold out as well. It is annoyingly over-crowded? First cruise.

The ships DO have more people, kids in the summer. That is why I sail in the Spring and Fall, the prices are lower and less kids. :cool: You will be on your honeymoon, you should have a great time. Just don't expect to be at the main pool gazing into your spouse's eyes all by yourself. :D

The July 31st sailing of the Enchantment had 17 JS's available for a long time. At the 30 day mark "Poof" everything was gone.

I remember watching a cruise that was the end of August last year and the same thing happened. There was lots of availability and then one day they were all gone.

Liberty appears to be sold out for 7/30. Royal is doing a good job filling ships.

I tried to book a last minute cruise from the UK in May also sold out.

Yes they are despite the complaints posted on this board and those that claim they're going to cruise with other cruiselines. Add to this the increase in drink prices, additional costs in specialty dining and the cruise fares rapidly increasing. RRCL's business model is doing very well.

I remember watching a cruise that was the end of August last year and the same thing happened. There was lots of availability and then one day they were all gone.

A friend of ours tried at the last minute to go on a cruise on the Explorer in June, we were already on the cruise. They were told that the ships was entirely full with no spaces what so ever. This was not true, we actually found out through various methods that there were several empty cabins. (not just a few)

Can someone please tell me what this is about.

Is it RCC just trying to look good.

A friend of ours tried at the last minute to go on a cruise on the Explorer in June, we were already on the cruise. They were told that the ships was entirely full with no spaces what so ever. This was not true, we actually found out through various methods that there were several empty cabins. (not just a few)

Can someone please tell me what this is about.

Is it RCC just trying to look good.

RCL made an announcement (I don't remember now exactly when it was) that they were no longer going to deeply discount the Caribbean cruises.

Apparently they are holding to this. The real test will come the end of next month and the beginning of Sept when in the past there have been some big price drops especially on the short cruises.

Edited by molly361

RCL made an announcement (I don't remember now exactly when it was) that they were no longer going to deeply discount the Caribbean cruises.

Apparently they are holding to this. The real test will come the end of next month and the beginning of Sept when in the past there have been some big price drops especially on the short cruises.

I seem to recall that the 3/4 night cruises would not be included with the longer cruises in the program to not discount late. Something about that market is driven by impulse purchases, typically in the last 90 days.

they still do

I seem to recall that the 3/4 night cruises would not be included with the longer cruises in the program to not discount late. Something about that market is driven by impulse purchases, typically in the last 90 days.

Here's the CC article on in- It did not specify anything other than North American bookings

April 20, 2015 (2:25 p.m. EDT) -- Royal Caribbean is putting the kibosh on the practice of offering last minute discounts, the company's head said during its recent earnings call.

"We have adapted policies designed specifically to deal with the last minute discounts that are so disruptive to the system," said Richard Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited.

The discounts, which are usually offered anywhere from a week to a month ahead of a sailing, are designed to fill ships that aren't yet full. But they upset customers who booked early and can't qualify for the new deals, confuse travel agents and undermine the company's brand image, Fain said.

"As a result in March we adopted a new policy that we would not do any last minute discounts on bookings in North America. Depending on the type of cruise, that last minute may be 10, 20 or 30 days out, but from that point on we will hold our price at the prior level."

Edited by molly361

Here's the CC article on in- It did not specify anything other than North American bookings

April 20, 2015 (2:25 p.m. EDT) -- Royal Caribbean is putting the kibosh on the practice of offering last minute discounts, the company's head said during its recent earnings call.

"We have adapted policies designed specifically to deal with the last minute discounts that are so disruptive to the system," said Richard Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited.

The discounts, which are usually offered anywhere from a week to a month ahead of a sailing, are designed to fill ships that aren't yet full. But they upset customers who booked early and can't qualify for the new deals, confuse travel agents and undermine the company's brand image, Fain said.

"As a result in March we adopted a new policy that we would not do any last minute discounts on bookings in North America. Depending on the type of cruise, that last minute may be 10, 20 or 30 days out, but from that point on we will hold our price at the prior level."

Understood, but this is just a couple of quotes from what I recall ad a much longer interview. I'd look it up myself, maybe after the afternoon rain starts. ;)

I would be very happy if it is NOT the short cruises.:)

Here you go, From Miami Herald, link below

On Monday, the head of Miami-based Royal Caribbean Cruises said his company had adopted a policy in March to do away with last-minute booking discounts on cruises longer than two- to four nights in North America. He said depending on the type of cruise, “last minute” might be 10, 20 or 30 days from the sailing date.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article19037190.html#storylink=cpy