virus on celebrity equinox

Mratner

Thank you EVERYONE for the info...we're on the Oct 2nd sailing as well and. although it's sad what so many had to go thru, we're very relieved things are returning to normal!:rolleyes:

hope it stays that way as thr ship was OK when we left Istanbul and the noro seems to have reared its ugly head a few days into the cruise.

We were one of 2 couples and we were fine, think the alcohol might have helped.

Felt sorry for the staff that had all the extra work to try and keep the ship clean and noro free.

Hated those thin Greek? paper towels in the public washrooms.

Hope they have the problem sorted now.

I also am shocked at how many passengers walk past the sanitiser and then lift the food tongs at the buffet. I realise some have just come out of the bathroom after washing hands but on our recent Summit cruise 30 Aug there were numerous passengers ignoring it. Bring back the staff member trying to draw attention to it as I felt some new passengers maybe genuinely didn't see it.

NCL has for a long time had a "washy-washy" person at every buffet entrance using humor to get almost everyone (even lazy slobs in many cases) to at least pretend to wipe their hands with sanitizer. Perhaps X needs to restrict entry to the buffet for anyone not willing to do this; yes it slows down traffic but might pay off handsomely.

As a minimum enact this on any ship that has had recurring issues.

NCL has for a long time had a "washy-washy" person at every buffet entrance using humor to get almost everyone (even lazy slobs in many cases) to at least pretend to wipe their hands with sanitizer. Perhaps X needs to restrict entry to the buffet for anyone not willing to do this; yes it slows down traffic but might pay off handsomely.

As a minimum enact this on any ship that has had recurring issues.

Celebrity has also a "squirty" person at all buffet and restaurant entrances. On Equinox they were insisting that all use it, even calling those back that did not stop.

Celebrity has also a "squirty" person at all buffet and restaurant entrances. On Equinox they were insisting that all use it, even calling those back that did not stop.

But not the 2 youngsters that dashed by the squirty person one lunchtime we were about to go in and those 2 kids were probably not as vigilant as us when they leave the washroom.

We use our own sanitizer unless they have the dispensing machines. Having someone accost me with a drippy container of sanitizer when I am dressed for dinner really is not very appealing.

Do you use it immediately prior to entering the restaurant/buffet? If not, you may be part of the problem.

And, is your sanitizer the right type to combat Noro?

Trouble is this is infuriating if like me you are allergic to their product. I use my own product on entry to the dining room. Every time you are being called back when such a person is on board even when you are entering the room and using your own product at that time, which incidentally is as effective as the ships one it just does not contain a gelling agent I am allergic to

What surprised me during our 24th August cruise with the noro precautions in place for 12 days was.

the salt and pepper pots were still on the tables in the MDR (didn't touch them)

and we were still using the menu's and wine menu's that everyone else was using ( pages were well thumbed) difficult to avoid the menu's.

there is a review of our equinox cruise by someone on at the same time stating that the ship filthy,

Some people do exaggerate, i had never seen so much cleaning going on, almost 24/7, hand rails, wall sprayed with disinfectant, tables disinfected after each person left in cafe al bacio etc.

balconies were washed down almost every day,

not good when sitting out on lower level balconies when a waterfall comes down from above :eek:

We even had the cabin attendants in csi bio suites cleaning the cabins on the last day.

i also saw staff at various time cleaning in the csi suites during the cruise, so they were definitely taking it very seriously

But not the 2 youngsters that dashed by the squirty person one lunchtime we were about to go in and those 2 kids were probably not as vigilant as us when they leave the washroom.

Or two older ladies that were arguing with the attendant as they didn't want to use it - and they were old enough to know better! Additionally, as I stated earlier, we witnessed a mature lady grabbing items instead of waiting to be served in the buffet, and then licking her lips whilst collecting more food between stations. We witnessed all ages not complying, not just youngsters!

Agree with bogofman, never seen so much cleaning on a ship. Most days our cabin handle was dripping in solution. All the hall walls had smear marks of cleaning fluid on too. Luckily, it worked for our party ;).

Do you use it immediately prior to entering the restaurant/buffet? If not, you may be part of the problem.

And, is your sanitizer the right type to combat Noro?

Yes...and it is kept in my purse and used frequently...

Again....not appreciative of having it practically thrown at us by staff as we enter dining areas. Dispensed from grubby looking containers by a person not wearing gloves!

...the self use auto dispensers are much better...

We usually avoid the buffet on our cruises

Edited by hcat

Definitely no "squirty" person at buffet entrances on The Summit recently. I think if they had been there a lot more people would have used the sanitiser.

well I can honestly say that on equinox there was always a "squirty person "

at all the dining venues . Also an automatic dispensor at cafe al bachio

sweety pie and myself always used them and it became a bit of a habit.

my personal view is that if a ship has a known outbreak

hand washing must be mandatory :eek:

well I can honestly say that on equinox there was always a "squirty person "

at all the dining venues . Also an automatic dispensor at cafe al bachio

sweety pie and myself always used them and it became a bit of a habit.

Agree, John. We even saw the Captain's Club hostess on 'squirty' duty one day - all staff were taking their turn.

We saw lots of different staff taking their turn on duty with the hand gel. But there's no way the ship was 'filthy' as a reviews said. I've never seen so much cleaning. We thought it was really clean. Even photo staff cleaning hand rails. Kids club staff doing the buffet duty were fabulous, using humour to get every one to use it going in and out.

Edited by Tiggertastic