Concierge Guarantee? Suite without balcony?

tbmrt

Never did a Concierge Guarantee on Celebrity. What is the worst that could happen if I did so?

I take it that getting an upgrade to Aqua Class could occur??

On another note does Celebrity have any suites without balconies? A friend of ours was upgraded on another line from an inside to a suite without windows It was beautiful, but I really love a balcony.

Thanks

Never did a Concierge Guarantee on Celebrity. What is the worst that could happen if I did so?

On another note does Celebrity have any suites without balconies? A friend of ours was upgraded on another line from an inside to a suite without windows It was beautiful, but I really love a balcony.

Thanks

Thinking like you. Have booked a transatlantic in April with a CC Guarantee. I looked at the cabin locations. Some are very far forward and that is not my fave but I can live with them for the cost savings. Asked myself the basic recommended question... Can I live with any of the CC cabins? Yes. There is the possibility of an upgrade. Willing to take the chance.

I noticed the comment that the Celebrity Suites had balconies added on the M Class. I remember when they did not have them so glad to hear they have been added.

Happy cruising!

There is another "problem"with a guarantee on celebrity. We have a suite guarantee on the summit for August 23rd- next sunday, and still haven't been assigned a stateroom. It could be a sky accessible , celebrity, or royal - all were available at time of booking. I'd like to get luggage tags printed but I guess we won't find out until we get to pier.

Thanks

A suite without windows? Really? An inside suite? What line was that on?

In answer to your question I guess the worse it could be would be the worst C3 on the ship, whatever that might be.

Frankly, unless it's cheaper than a standard room I can't think of many good reasons to book it.

Edited by ORV

A suite without windows? Really? An inside suite? What line was that on?

In answer to your question I guess the worse it could be would be the worst C3 on the ship, whatever that might be.

Frankly, unless it's cheaper than a standard room I can't think of many good reasons to book it.

We were on a Norwegian cruise ship that had a suite without a balcony (not windows). The windows were floor to ceiling and the suite was huge. It was new because it was converted space from the forward lounge. We liked the forward lounge and spent a lot of time there, so we thought we would like this suite, and not miss the balcony. But we did (miss the balcony).

Thanks

Your friend received an excellent upgrade they must have been thrilled.

The worst would be a C3. Yes, you could receive Aqua Class that happened to me once on a CC guarantee.

You would not receive a cabin without a balcony.

We were on a Norwegian cruise ship that had a suite without a balcony (not windows). The windows were floor to ceiling and the suite was huge. It was new because it was converted space from the forward lounge. We liked the forward lounge and spent a lot of time there, so we thought we would like this suite, and not miss the balcony. But we did (miss the balcony).

This is the same type as my friend was upgraded to instead of her booked inside room.

This is the same type as my friend was upgraded to instead of her booked inside room.

The suite on Norwegian HAD windows (referring to the title of your post ... large windows .... floor to ceiling) just no balcony.:)

There is another "problem"with a guarantee on celebrity. We have a suite guarantee on the summit for August 23rd- next sunday, and still haven't been assigned a stateroom. It could be a sky accessible , celebrity, or royal - all were available at time of booking. I'd like to get luggage tags printed but I guess we won't find out until we get to pier.

You can get luggage tags at the port, but you'll need to hand write the cabin # on the tags. Hopefully they ID a cabin for you before the 23rd. Otherwise you'll need to hold onto your luggage until you check in at the counter, then walk the bags back outside. Your cruise is showing as sold-out. Can you post when you're back to let us know how you made out? Hopefully you get a treat for your patience!

You can get luggage tags at the port, but you'll need to hand write the cabin # on the tags. Hopefully they ID a cabin for you before the 23rd. Otherwise you'll need to hold onto your luggage until you check in at the counter, then walk the bags back outside. Your cruise is showing as sold-out. Can you post when you're back to let us know how you made out? Hopefully you get a treat for your patience!

I only had this happen once and it was on Carnival. However, there was no need to hang on to luggage and walk inside and then out again. The Porters had a manifest, and we able to write the cabin number on the tags.

Hope this hasn't changed.

I will think positively for you. We got to the port once on a Celebrity cruise after the porters took our luggage we were told that our cabin had been changed. I was worried but it was a huge upgrade from a CC to a Sky Suite. Our luggage made it to the room no problem.

Was told by celebrity that if we had the cabin number by the time we left home on Sunday we could print out sea passes which have the number and also on page 2 of that document is a copy of luggage tags that you can bring to the pier and the porter can produce tags for you so you don't have to drag your luggage with you. Otherwise it is not the way to treat suite customers!! I guess they don't want us to try to switch cabins at the last minute or something.

Will let you know how the saga turns out. rynda

Was told by celebrity that if we had the cabin number by the time we left home on Sunday we could print out sea passes which have the number and also on page 2 of that document is a copy of luggage tags that you can bring to the pier and the porter can produce tags for you so you don't have to drag your luggage with you.

There is no need to print out page 2 or bring it with you.

Luggage tags are provided at the pier.

When you get there, it takes only a few seconds to print your cabin number on each luggage tag and attach it to your bag.

If you don't want to fill out and attach the luggage tags yourself, the porters will do it for you.

Often the porters come right over and start tagging our bags when we arrive at the pier before we even have a chance to start doing it ourselves.

If you don't know your cabin number by the time you get to the pier, a porter (or any Celebrity agent in the vicinity) can look it up for you.

There is no need to print out page 2 or bring it with you.

Luggage tags are provided at the pier.

When you get there, it takes only a few seconds to print your cabin number on each luggage tag and attach it to your bag.

If you don't want to fill out and attach the luggage tags yourself, the porters will do it for you.

Often the porters come right over and start tagging our bags when we arrive at the pier before we even have a chance to start doing it ourselves.

If you don't know your cabin number by the time you get to the pier, a porter (or any Celebrity agent in the vicinity) can look it up for you.

Thanks for the info- Now I will concentrate on packing (and not overpacking, which is usually the case) and keeping cool in this heat wave. And maybe I won't check the website about the cabin number every hour.

The worst thing that can happen , happened to us. Had a suite guarantee and they did not have a suite available and the cruise is this Sunday. Don't trust Celebrity anymore and am angry they waited till the very end to notify us.

Don't blame you for being upset and I hope you will be getting some substantial compensation, but... Is the the worst thing that can happen?:cool:

The worst thing that can happen , happened to us. Had a suite guarantee and they did not have a suite available and the cruise is this Sunday. Don't trust Celebrity anymore and am angry they waited till the very end to notify us.

What did they offer you? Or was there literally no cabin available?

So what have you been told will happen?

At the risk of getting flamed, you have posted this on three different threads tonight and still haven't said what, if anything, did they offer? Did they offer you any kind of cabin or just told tough luck?

What did they offer you? Or was there literally no cabin available?

Curious as to whether Aqua, Concierge or balcony offered and what extra perks you may have received due to this mixup.

Curious as to whether Aqua, Concierge or balcony offered and what extra perks you may have received due to this mixup.

They did after much negotiating find an aqua cabin on deck 11 and actually are refunding us (wouldn't do anything in beginning except offer 150 in OBC. Took away all perks we had including of course luminae, but didn't tell us why they overbooked . Sorry I've posted so many times but I'm really disappointed in Celebrity. We'll have a great time on our 49th anniv. anyway. By the way, when we booked in early July there were at least 7 suites left (as I took down the cabin numbers)