Blogging from the Pacific Princess in the South Pacific

PescadoAmarillo

Hi from an upcoming Pacific Princess sailor:

Can you please check with the maitre'd to see if the Pacific Princess will be offering Curtis Stone menu items in the MDR this coming October.

Norine & Gary

From what I've read it too early for Curtis Stone offerings to be on the Pacific Princess. I believe it won't be until later in 2016.

But, of course, J and G being on the PP right now would be a much better source of info...

I've heard nothing about Curtis Stone menu items being offered, so I can't help with that. Sorry. There are many things (Princess @ Sea, Princess Messenger) that are not offered on this little ship and likely never will be. I was thrilled to see the 50th anniversary menu was available.

Thanks for all the comments!! We are leaving Hawaii (and my AT&T Internet) in a couple of hours, and I will no longer be following this thread. Please use the email link in my blog if you have questions, and even then I might have trouble receiving them, but I'll do my best to respond when I can.

Happy cruising everyone!

From what I've read it too early for Curtis Stone offerings to be on the Pacific Princess. I believe it won't be until later in 2016.

But, of course, J and G being on the PP right now would be a much better source of info...

Princess has said on their website that Curtis Stones entrées will be available in the MDR "always available entrées" in October 2015. All chef's have supposedly been trained in preparing them.

Anyway, J and G should be able to get some info from the senior dinning staff.

Norine and Gary

As soon as you goto the Princess website, there is a feature of Curtis Stone coming to all 18 Princess ships (MDR) in Oct 2015.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/curtis-stone/

Looking forward to his additions to the MDR menu. I have sent a note to Princess asking them to confirm if this will happen in October and on the Pacific Princess.

Talk to everyone later:

Norine & Gary

As soon as you goto the Princess website, there is a feature of Curtis Stone coming to all 18 Princess ships (MDR) in Oct 2015.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/curtis-stone/

Looking forward to his additions to the MDR menu. I have sent a note to Princess asking them to confirm if this will happen in October and on the Pacific Princess.

Talk to everyone later:

Norine & Gary

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking of Share and Chef's Table which will come to "select ships" and not items in the MDR.

I'm thrilled there will be some new items to try in the MDR. Thanks again for the link that describes the 3 areas of change.

I just read your latest blog entry about how cold it is onboard the Pacific Princess. DH & I are now packing jackets.

I had not planned on taking jeans since the islands are so warm. Do you recommend jeans for around the ship during the daytime? I had planned on shorts!

Thanks, Ann

I have been faithfully following this review by Pescado Amarillo and it has been a God Sent to calm my anxiety and sleepless nights caused by thinking of how wonderful our upcoming cruise on the Crown Princess is going to be! We booked our cruise 17 months ago and now are down to just 3 weeks left before sailing!

Today's blog about Bora Bora is . . what can I say . . WOW is it great!

I want to thank you for your insightful daily blogs as they have kept my DW & I afloat! Please keep them coming!

Just Mike

Thanks everyone!

I had not planned on taking jeans since the islands are so warm. Do you recommend jeans for around the ship during the daytime? I had planned on shorts!

I don't think you'll need jeans. Maybe yoga pants but on port days the ship does warm up because of all the doors being open. Sea days are the chilliest on board.

Almost seems like..so far..it's better than

last time.

Wait till you see what's next! ;)

Can't wait for the rest of your journey. We did a 10 day Tahiti cruise on the old Tahitian Princess back in 2006 and have loved reliving our journey thru your blog. The islands of Moorea and Bora Bora remain two of our best memories and favorite places of all time.

Happy Anniversary ! Happy 75th cruise and Happy 1000th day at sea!!!!!

I want to be you in my next life!

Are your pictures from the little yellow camera or you Ipad, Iphone? I know the underwater ones are from the little yellow one. I have the same one, but haven't used it enough to tell if the pics are a good quality. Your photos are stunning.

Nan

Beautiful picture of the 2 of you. Can't wait to read what is next.

P.S. Did you go back and add pics to past days? I don't want to miss any photos that you post! :)

Thank you! I just did add some photos this afternoon sitting in Chaplins bar in Papeete, but no further back than the Day 12. I am taking photos with Fuji camera and iPhone and transferring them to my iPad. I'm typing the blog on the iPad and it is much easier than on my iPhone!

Thanks for your blog. For us newbees to the Pacific Princess tell us your thoughts about the ship, what things you liked and anything you wished they had on the ship. Anything new people to the ship should know?

Thanks!

Tom:)

Your blog..now I know what you meant by....

Wait till you see what's next!!

Easter Island..WOW! You'll spend a week there

then come back to Papeete and the Pacific Princess?

Have a great time enjoying all the sights and sounds

of Easter Island.

Thank you! I just did add some photos this afternoon sitting in Chaplins bar in Papeete, but no further back than the Day 12. I am taking photos with Fuji camera and iPhone and transferring them to my iPad. I'm typing the blog on the iPad and it is much easier than on my iPhone!

Thanks! I'm glad I went back to see the pics. They are beautiful.

Easter Island! Wow! Can't wait to read more.

Edited by metairiegal
pics :-)

Your blog..now I know what you meant by....

Wait till you see what's next!!

Easter Island..WOW! You'll spend a week there

then come back to Papeete and the Pacific Princess?

Have a great time enjoying all the sights and sounds

of Easter Island.

Thanks! We return to Papeete during the night between October 5-6.

Thanks! We return to Papeete during the night between October 5-6.

The Easter Island photos are stunning!!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time each year to let us cruise with you.

Happy Belated Anniversary!!

Cheers, Denise