Blogging from the Pacific Princess in the South Pacific

PescadoAmarillo

Jeanne and Greg,

I'm following along...I know that I won't be seeing you in the Caribbean this year again. I'm doing my first Tahiti cruise in April, so I appreciate your writings. You are amazing. Thanks. Alice

I'm much better, thank you! Just one bad night and then a day to recover. We are doing some last minute things in Hanga Roa today and then resting a bit before we leave for the airport for an 11pm (we hope!!) flight. I will be happy to have the overnight flights behind us!

Alice, we will miss you but you are in for treat in French Polynesia. I think it's my favorite cruise destination in the world.

I'm much better, thank you! Just one bad night and then a day to recover. We are doing some last minute things in Hanga Roa today and then resting a bit before we leave for the airport for an 11pm (we hope!!) flight. I will be happy to have the overnight flights behind us!

Alice, we will miss you but you are in for treat in French Polynesia. I think it's my favorite cruise destination in the world.

Thank goodness you are feeling better, especially with more travelling to do tonight!

Wife and I are both loving the blog. Gives us the real urge to do a Polynesian cruise in the future.

BTW, on small correction, Cicely, Alaska in the series Northern Exposure (loved that show) was not an island. It was a remote Bush town which is probably why Joel made it seem like he was trapped on an island. That not withstanding, I get why you made the comparison to Rupa Nui. So glad that you went and blogged about it because it is unlikely that we will ever be able to go. Very satisfying to read about your experiences.

Hope you guys stay well for the remainder of the trip and look forward to more on the blog. Happy sailing! :cool:

Edited by ar1950

Very happy to hear you are feeling better. Those viruses are a nasty piece of business.

Your blog last year and our short time in French Polynesia on the Sapphire in 2011, convinced us to book the 48 day Tales of the South Pacific on HAL in 2016. Unfortunately, Princess doesn't offer an itinerary similar to this one.

Take care, safe flights!!

Cheers, Denise

Wife and I are both loving the blog. Gives us the real urge to do a Polynesian cruise in the future.

BTW, on small correction, Cicely, Alaska in the series Northern Exposure (loved that show) was not an island. It was a remote Bush town which is probably why Joel made it seem like he was trapped on an island. That not withstanding, I get why you made the comparison to Rupa Nui. So glad that you went and blogged about it because it is unlikely that we will ever be able to go. Very satisfying to read about your experiences.

Hope you guys stay well for the remainder of the trip and look forward to more on the blog. Happy sailing! :cool:

Thank you. I knew that (loved that show!). Don't know why I typed that, but I'll blame it on a temporary brain fade. It's fixed now. Thanks!

Arrived safely in Papeete. At hotel at 1:45am (6:45am Rapa Nui time).

Your sure are having an adventure!

Glad all the schedules worked out

and you are able to see new places.

So happy you can do this..nice only a

two hour flight this time.

The resort looks nice plus have a kitchen

and more places to buy food. I can see

you outside on the deck eating your dinner.

Have fun..can't wait to hear all about what

you did each day, what you saw and ate.

Plus what animal adopted you this time.

Sure Pacific Princess misses you but you still

have over 30 days still on her to cruise.

Have fun..

Hi Pescado Amarillo,

Since you guys have been there for awhile and we will be there on the 28th, and I think you will too? can you tell me if the mosquitoes have been a problem and if so, what you used? Thank you, Chris

P.S. Both my husband Martin (HOLLMART) and I (HULAGIRL) love your blog!! We read it all the time!! Thank you for all the helpful and interesting information you provide!!

Edited by hulagirl19

I just tried to send you this message:

Hi,

Since you guys have been there for awhile and we will be there on the 28th, and I think you will too? can you tell me if the mosquitoes have been a problem and if so, what you used? Thank you, Chris

P.S. Both my husband Martin (HOLLMART) and I (HULAGIRL) love your blog!! We read it all the time!! Thank you for all the helpful and interesting information you provide!!

I just tried to send you this message:

Hi,

Hi and thanks very much! We are not seeing the mosquitoes that we saw last year in December but we really haven't been in the middle of the islands very much. I know that at the Belvedere lookout on Moorea they can be pretty bad. We're doing ATVs on Moorea on Monday and are planning to douse ourselves in DEET. On the beaches (which is where we mostly have been in French Polynesia) they haven't been bad at all. You really need protection for any inland excursions Hope that helps!

We were on Moorea last week for several days (staying after the Sept 28 sailing). One day we rented a car and drove around the island including up to Belvedere point. We never saw nor heard nor heard of a single mosquito.

We took 2 bottles of Deet and never used them once. As Pescado Amarillo says - as did locals we talked to - the time of year makes a lot of difference mosquito-wise.

I have enjoyed following your blogs over the years. This was has been extremely interesting with the mixture of cruising and the visits to Easter Island and Rarotonga. Easter Island information will be very handy in preparation for a possible visit for myself and a friend in 2017.

I have enjoyed following your blogs over the years. This was has been extremely interesting with the mixture of cruising and the visits to Easter Island and Rarotonga. Easter Island information will be very handy in preparation for a possible visit for myself and a friend in 2017.

Thank you!

Feel free to email through my blog, especially when I get home, if you'd like information about lodging, tours and the various restored sites on Easter Island. We searched long and hard for information online, but not too much of it was current. It's a 'must see' place, for sure!

We were in an Owner's Suite on the Sept 28 Pacific Princess French Polynesia sailing and no choice of chocolate-covered strawberries. Same for the Captain's Circle event. We did not attend any of the Elite/Suite afternoon events.

In our suite we skipped the daily canapés altogether as the other choices weren't desirable to us. We miss the chocolate-covered strawberries, too. :confused:

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

Hi! I have so enjoyed your detailed blog this year and your many previous years' blogs. I hope your current vacation continues to be the best ever!

In your Oct. 17 post, you state that Princess is "abandoning the French Polynesian market." I am heartbroken as my DH and I were planning the Oct. 2017 28-day LA-Tahiti cruise even though it has not been listed yet. Can you elaborate on your information?

Thank you in advance.