Stateroom & Suite renovations

BBMacLaird

Thought I'd start a new thread on the Suites & Staterooms, so the news isn't lost on the other, very long, thread...

Here's the link to the Azamara webpage with the photos/renderings. The mislabeld photo has been fixed. Thanks for the feedback, and for all your patience as we roll out the news.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/i...terooms-suites

"The Club World Ocean and Owner’s Suites will undergo major revitalizations. Coffee tables, consoles and dining tables will be replaced with modern furnishings with an updated style and overall feel. The sound and lighting systems will also be updated in order to make the overall mood much more inviting and relaxing. Additionally, the bathrooms will get an overhaul making them larger and a much more efficient use of space. Guests will enjoy all of the new amenities while relaxing before dinner or preparing for another day of touring in the next amazing destination.

The Club Continent Suites will have a top to bottom refresh that includes new drapes, fabrics and furnishings. Guests will feel truly relaxed and refreshed waking up each day onboard in these deluxe staterooms.

The Spa Suites will be two brand new additions to both ships. These suites will be built adjacent to the Sanctum Spa and will feature an elegant look with organic and muted colors. The bathroom shower and tub will have a view of the water, giving guests the opportunity to experience a breathtaking view when relaxing in their shower or tub. Guests who are staying in these suites will also have exclusive access to unique spa amenities that will be included in the price of these staterooms.

In all other staterooms, guests will see new blackout curtains, bed linens, furniture, carpeting, lighting, and a complete bathroom modernization. These updates will give guests a better experience on-board Azamara and will only add to an exciting and enriching travel experience."

Thanks for the information Bonnie.

Is there any word on how the re-shuffle of deck 9 forward is going to look to make room for the new Spa Suites?

I have a deck 8 veranda stateroom booked right now that shows as being under the acupuncture area.

If the gym gets displaced to that side I may want to rethink our stateroom location.

I really am disappointed to see they still have those chairs in the Club Continent Suites. The large chair looks very uncomfortable, especially for a short person and the other occasional chair? Well, I can't see sitting in that for a long period of time while reading a good book. It was so nice to have a footstool and the nice cozy chair, plus a nice couch to lounge on.

Garry

I really am disappointed to see they still have those chairs in the Club Continent Suites. The large chair looks very uncomfortable, especially for a short person and the other occasional chair? Well, I can't see sitting in that for a long period of time while reading a good book. It was so nice to have a footstool and the nice cozy chair, plus a nice couch to lounge on.

Garry

Garry, I don't think it's a done deal yet. The photos aren't new, but just a repeat of earlier. The last I saw was that at least some of the suites would be getting sofas. It's wait and see I think. Count me as one who isn't fussed either way, but can understand why the sofa would be preferred by some.

Phil

Garry, I don't think it's a done deal yet. The photos aren't new, but just a repeat of earlier. The last I saw was that at least some of the suites would be getting sofas. It's wait and see I think. Count me as one who isn't fussed either way, but can understand why the sofa would be preferred by some.

Phil

I always go for a sofa on the ship or in hotel room. i like curling up with my book on it. if eating in cabin the sofa works better.

Out of curiosity and to know if I'll need to carry a self-standing mirror across the ocean:rolleyes:, do we have any info on whether there will be a mirror at the vanity in the bed area of the Club ContinentSuite? I assume it was just left off in the rendering, but there isn't one in any rendering that I've seen, although it does show in the balcony renderings. It is well used in our cabins:)(hairdrying,etc) Thanx.

Out of curiosity and to know if I'll need to carry a self-standing mirror across the ocean:rolleyes:, do we have any info on whether there will be a mirror at the vanity in the bed area of the Club ContinentSuite? I assume it was just left off in the rendering, but there isn't one in any rendering that I've seen, although it does show in the balcony renderings. It is well used in our cabins:)(hairdrying,etc) Thanx.

There is one in the bathroom so I'm assuming they wouldn't put a second one in the bedroom.

Garry

There is one in the bathroom so I'm assuming they wouldn't put a second one in the bedroom.

Garry

It's difficult to dry your hair in the bathroom while your husband is showering and shaving and/or using the toilet. It is also hot in the small enclosed area. Most ladies I know would prefer to sit in front of a mirror to dry their hair. When space is confined, it's nice to be able to have 2 people get ready at once. Please put a mirror above the desk :D

It's difficult to dry your hair in the bathroom while your husband is showering and shaving and/or using the toilet. It is also hot in the small enclosed area. Most ladies I know would prefer to sit in front of a mirror to dry their hair. When space is confined, it's nice to be able to have 2 people get ready at once. Please put a mirror above the desk :D

I agree!

I second that!:)

I understood onboard last week that the designs had been revised based on early identified issues - the only one I did get more info on was that a mirror would indeed be added in the room to help us ladies!!

Its a pity that what are old pics have been posted here as the new look without some explanation of any agreed amendments - that would have had a much more positive reaction than what we are seeing here!

Especially since the outlet in the bathroom won't support a hair dryer!

I understood onboard last week that the designs had been revised based on early identified issues - the only one I did get more info on was that a mirror would indeed be added in the room to help us ladies!!

Its a pity that what are old pics have been posted here as the new look without some explanation of any agreed amendments - that would have had a much more positive reaction than what we are seeing here!

Thanks for the update Uktog. Adding a mirror is a good idea. Agree that it would be nice if we can updated illustrations. Hopefully, Azamara will make it happen.

Thank you,uktog! Great news! I've almost never seen a cabin vanity area without a large mirror above the desk/vanity, so I assumed it was just forgotten in the rendering. And other posters are correct that you cannot plug a hairdryer into the bathroom socket; and also when 2people are getting ready at same time, you need the2nd mirror. So happy...small details that please me! :)

This thread and a couple others regarding the renovations strongly suggest that the stateroom designers have not cruise tested their stateroom remodels. In my world, every proposed design would be cruise tested by a husband and wife for at least a 10 day cruise. In that period the "upps" would come to the surface. Things like mirrors, ( or lack thereof) and adequate storage and furniture would be readily apparent. Sitting behind a desk in Sweden or where ever doesn't get the job done.

This thread and a couple others regarding the renovations strongly suggest that the stateroom designers have not cruise tested their stateroom remodels. In my world, every proposed design would be cruise tested by a husband and wife for at least a 10 day cruise. In that period the "upps" would come to the surface. Things like mirrors, ( or lack thereof) and adequate storage and furniture would be readily apparent. Sitting behind a desk in Sweden or where ever doesn't get the job done.

I think there are rooms currently being tested. A friend of mine recently off the Quest did a tour with a couple that stayed in one. Their cruise was actually 14 days. Did ups and downs surface? Yes, but that's the reason they're being tested. I do believe the designers know what they're doing. :rolleyes:

It was explained onboard it was structurally impossible to remove but the new layout will help.

Not sure I understand what they can do with the layout. I would have loved being onboard when the changes were discussed.

If the shower curtain is the worst thing there is, I can easily live with that.

Some pax we spoke with on the Summit also had a shower curtain in their bathroom, so ACC isn't the only one.

I think there are rooms currently being tested. A friend of mine recently off the Quest did a tour with a couple that stayed in one. Their cruise was actually 14 days. Did ups and downs surface? Yes, but that's the reason they're being tested. I do believe the designers know what they're doing. :rolleyes:

If they don't know, as their client it's up to Hotel Operations to explain what is their goal and all the concerns surrounding that goal.

We can hope the trial testing and Hotel Operations input provide a wonderful product.