What Kind of Headliner Show Have You Seen?

LuCruise

Been watching America's Got Talent, and so it got me thinking about the possible headliner show on our Allure cruise. I know they completely vary from cruise to cruise (as do the acts on AGT), so am wondering what kind of show have you seen while on board? How was it?

Headliners I have seen are usually singers or a magician/comedy/juggling act. We have really enjoyed most of them.

It seems to me the singing acts are usually older professionals, many of whom were part of a popular group in their younger days. For example, we've seen the guy who sung the "Happy Days" theme, the guy who used to play guitars and reeds for Foreigner, etc. The others are generally tribute bands... such as Almost Elton John, or Tribute (the Temptations).

All in all, very much Las Vegas style shows, which is what AGT seems to be looking for.

We enjoyed seeing the Platters on the Radiance out of Tampa and also a group called Spectrum on the Freedom, kind of like the Temptations and they were fabulous. Standing room only! I wish RCI would have more name talent. I haven't seen anyone is at least 4 years and it seems like it's hit or miss.

Edited by torpeedo

We have seen Jerry Lewis (yes of Martin & Lewis), Toni Tennile (Captain & Tennile), Ron Lucas (ventriloquist), The Flamingos, The Diamonds & several other of the doo wop groups (at least the memebers still performing under the name), Modi (comedian)

We saw Ron Lucas on our recent Adventure OTS Cruise. He was very good and very funny. I don't think I've ever heard my Dad laugh that hard/loud!

Been watching America's Got Talent, and so it got me thinking about the possible headliner show on our Allure cruise. I know they completely vary from cruise to cruise (as do the acts on AGT), so am wondering what kind of show have you seen while on board? How was it?

It is interesting that you phrased your question that way.

I have seen several acts whose billing was "Winner of the _________________ (Reality Talent Show)"

Bowser was on Jewel repo from San Diego to Vancouver earlier this year. Over the years we have seen many including Frankie Avalon, Herb Reed and the Platters,Joanne Worley from Laugh In, Robert Klein, Marty Allen etc. mostly entertainers who are in the twilight of their careers but who still put on a great show.

YES!!! Mo5aic was incredible - not just for the show on stage, but because the rest of the cruise they could be found hanging out at either the Schooner Bar or the Pub with the piano & guitar players singing along with them.

Coming in second, and this one is more because I really, really love 80s/90s music, was Slippery When Wet - a great Bon Jovi tribute band.

Ron Lucas was very funny, but the show was short.

Kenny James was a great singer but the show was a bit too sappy for my taste.

Beatlemania (?) or one of the other Beatles tribute bands were fun as well

Edited by treborrv
More info

I saw Donovan and Rebecca from AGT on our last cruise and they were amazing! We were wondering how they could do a 1h show of strength acts, but Donovan also sang while she danced and they had some videos while they changed/rested.

We also saw some quick change artists in the ice show, who might have also been on AGT. I don't know how they can change clothes so quickly, but it was really fast and impressive.

Edited by lilyhammer

its all Americas got talent quality. cheesy branson missiouri sing song, get a banjo playing to the lowest common denominator type of shows. I avoid them at all costs. I'ts average at best. I think I would rather watch the "wash your hands channel" then go to one of the mediocre stage shows the path of talent goes from

1. start in arenas

2. go to theaters

3. go to smaller theaters

4. go to indian casionos

5. try to find a job on a cruise ship

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

It is interesting that you phrased your question that way.

I have seen several acts whose billing was "Winner of the _________________ (Reality Talent Show)"

Funny enough, we had the opposite. We were watching AGT a couple seasons ago and DH commented how we saw the comedian on our Grandeur cruise (I forget his name but did recognize his face...he got pretty far too)