Towels on the Freedom

iriemon

Just got on the Freedom of the Seas previously you had to have your sea card to get towels. Then they did away with that YEAH. Well now it is back. What a pain. Not sure why they did that I can't believe that many towels are stolen they are not that nice.

Just got on the Freedom of the Seas previously you had to have your sea card to get towels. Then they did away with that YEAH. Well now it is back. What a pain. Not sure why they did that I can't believe that many towels are stolen they are not that nice.

Same on Oasis two weeks ago. All towels had to be checked out with the SeaPass card, unless you had a gold colored SeaPass card.

Edited by clarea

On Freedom in June it was very inconsistent... at times I could go get 4 towels for my whole family. At times, they would just give 2 to each person. At times, they would only give one to each person and each member of the family had to go get their own... kids and all. Then, on occasion, it was the towel station was not manned, and you helped yourself. I think it depended on who was working the station. Sea-pass was never needed though.

We got off 3 weeks ago and they only swiped sea pass cards for towels if you were getting off the ship.

Are you saying that they swiped the sea pass card if you got a towel at the pool?

thanks.

M

Yes Marci, that's the way it was on Oasis two weeks ago.

We got off 3 weeks ago and they only swiped sea pass cards for towels if you were getting off the ship.

Are you saying that they swiped the sea pass card if you got a towel at the pool?

thanks.

M

Yes we have not even left port for our cruise and this is by the pool. I know what is going on my comment card

On anthem in June they were just giving towels out - as many as you wanted. I read on a review today that they are now asking for your sea pass card before giving them out. There were complaints about people getting multiple towels and reserving multiple sun beds - maybe it is to help control this?

Just got off the Freedom today. Had to use seapass to get towels. Oddly enough there were no chair hogs droping their towel off at 6am! We never had a problem getting a chair. I think it's a great idea... I hope they keep it up. Freedom was excellent!!

Yes we have not even left port for our cruise and this is by the pool. I know what is going on my comment card

Thank you for the clarification. It seems that others are experiencing the same on different ships.

Makes me wonder what kind of passenger Royal Caribbean is attracting, if they have to put such strict regulations on cheap torn pool towels.

M

Pool towels had to be checked out with SeaPass cards our last two cruises on Enchantment in August and then again this month. Seems as though it has returned fleet wide.

That's funny because my wife and I were on Enchantment at the end of August the 21st to be exact and the only time we needed to show our sea pass card for a towel was when we were going to coco cay.

Just got off the Freedom today. Had to use seapass to get towels. Oddly enough there were no chair hogs droping their towel off at 6am! We never had a problem getting a chair. I think it's a great idea... I hope they keep it up. Freedom was excellent!!

Laura is just off Freedom and mentioned there was little or no chair hogging and generally adequate supply of prime pool seating

Not sure why they did that I can't believe that many towels are stolen they are not that nice.

Makes me wonder what kind of passenger Royal Caribbean is attracting, if they have to put such strict regulations on cheap torn pool towels. M

I think the bigger issue was that people were leaving them at beaches and not bringing them back to the ship since there were no penalties.

Last year, We saw a bunch of people leave their towels at Coki Beach in St. Thomas when they were done for the day.

Edited by Yorkvillain

I think the bigger issue was that people were leaving them at beaches and not bringing them back to the ship since there were no penalties.

Last year, We saw a bunch of people leave their towels at Coki Beach in St. Thomas when they were done for the day.

Sure, but I recall having to sign for beach towels even when they weren't having you sign out for pool towels

If this keeps people from reserving chairs by the pool and cleaning up after themselves when they are done with a chair I am all for it! Yes a bit of an inconvenience but with a good result.

Hear hear!

We were on the Anthem a few months ago & there were lots of people who just got up & left their towels on the loungers when they were done. One day we were out on deck & as usual we could find the odd lounger here & there but really we wanted 3 together.

So I asked a couple who we saw gathering their things together if they were leaving, & they said yes. Great, we thought, & we started unrolling our towels, & the man just said to his wife: "leave them" when she picked up her towel! She said "OK" & they just walked away, their discarded towels still on the loungers.

We couldn't believe it! WE then had to pick them up & take them back to the station, Eww!

Sure, but I recall having to sign for beach towels even when they weren't having you sign out for pool towels

Maybe the towels that were left behind were from the pool, which had no charge/card swipe. They could have had them in their beach bag when they left their cabin from the day before. Either that or they have money to burn.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I think that's great, I hope they keep it up. Ever since they did away with the deposit fee the slobs leaving their towels where have gone up in numbers. I have seen them left in the RP, Aqua Theatre, and anywhere else they can just be left behind.

If this keeps people from reserving chairs by the pool and cleaning up after themselves when they are done with a chair I am all for it! Yes a bit of an inconvenience but with a good result.

I couldn't agree more. I guess instilling the fear of paying for a towel is necessary to make people act with some common sense and courtesy.