Bring Back Bonaire!

luv4cruises

We were so disappointed to discover that our favorite Southern Caribbean snorkeling port had been dropped from our 2016and 2017 Eclipse cruises.

The Eclipse Southern Caribbean itinerary has been our favorite.

We have absolutely no interest in an overnight in Curaçao.

Since our airfare has been purchased we can't do anything about 2016, but we are probably going to switch to a Princess or HAL in 2017 in order to snorkel in

Bonaire!

So Celebrity please Bring Back a Bonaire!

We have been to Bonnaire twice. That was enough for us. DH snorkels, I don't. Not much else in Bonnaire so for us a overnight in Curaco would be a nice change. So like any itinerary change some are unhappy others are happy.

Earlier this year the itinerary for our 2016 TA was changed, not a change that we liked but others liked the change. Guess you can't please everyone.

That's too bad. In addition to awesome snorkeling, Bonaire has some beautiful beaches, a nice wildlife park, and some great historical sites. I can see why some people who like more built up and commercial ports might not like it.

That's too bad. In addition to awesome snorkeling, Bonaire has some beautiful beaches, a nice wildlife park, and some great historical sites. I can see why some people who like more built up and commercial ports might not like it.

I totally agree with this, and this is exactly why Bonaire is one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean. I'll be in Bonaire next month and I would be really upset if it was dropped.

7 days on HAL or Princess to get 6 hours at one port over a week on a Celebrity ship, really? No way.

I would expect "Ship beats Port" on Royal Caribbean, but I guess we have different expectations.

We were so disappointed to discover that our favorite Southern Caribbean snorkeling port had been dropped from our 2016and 2017 Eclipse cruises.

The Eclipse Southern Caribbean itinerary has been our favorite.

We have absolutely no interest in an overnight in Curaçao.

Since our airfare has been purchased we can't do anything about 2016, but we are probably going to switch to a Princess or HAL in 2017 in order to snorkel in

Bonaire!

So Celebrity please Bring Back a Bonaire!

We like to snorkel and I will agree for divers and snorkeling I am sure Bonaire has some good stuff. But by FAR our least favorite island we have ever been to in the Caribbean. The beaches are nothing but rocks and absolutely terrible. Island is just a flat nothing island. I would avoid going back there!!

We like to snorkel and I will agree for divers and snorkeling I am sure Bonaire has some good stuff. But by FAR our least favorite island we have ever been to in the Caribbean. The beaches are nothing but rocks and absolutely terrible. Island is just a flat nothing island. I would avoid going back there!!

What are YOUR favorite islands on this cruise? Obviously not Bonaire.

I was responding to the OP's comment, " but we are probably going to switch to a Princess or HAL in 2017 in order to snorkel in

Bonaire!"[/color]"7 days on HAL or Princess to get 6 hours at one port over a week on a Celebrity ship, really? No way."

I would expect "Ship beats Port" on Royal Caribbean, but I guess we have different expectations.

Diamond on RCCL, Elite on Celebrity, there is no RCCL ship that beats sailing on a Celebrity S-Class for the wifester and I.

On RCCL, Port beats ship all day long.

After sailing 7 diff lines over the last 25+ years, I guess we do have different expectations.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

What are YOUR favorite islands on this cruise? Obviously not Bonaire.

We love STT, SMX, St Lucia. Antigua, Barbados, Grenada, Cozumel, Caymans, CocoCay, Labadee, Roatan, and others. Least favorites are Bonaire, not crazy about Aruba, Jamaica, Nassau, St Croix or St Kitts, but will pretty much go if the rest is what we want. Bonaire would be the bottom of the list of islands we would want to go back to.

I was responding to the OP's comment, " but we are probably going to switch to a Princess or HAL in 2017 in order to snorkel in

Bonaire!"[/color]"7 days on HAL or Princess to get 6 hours at one port over a week on a Celebrity ship, really? No way."

Diamond on RCCL, Elite on Celebrity, there is no RCCL ship that beats sailing on a Celebrity S-Class for the wifester and I.

On RCCL, Port beats ship all day long.

After sailing 7 diff lines over the last 25+ years, I guess we do have different expectations.

EW

I'm not sure what I said to anger you, but all this red text stuff - hating on the Antilles seems a bit much. :)

Our first visit to Bonaire was a two-week dive holiday during which we also explored the entire island. We've returned several times since and have often picked cruises based on the inclusion of stops there. Definitely one of our favourite islands.

If you don't enjoy the water, renting a vehicle and doing an around-the-island tour would be my recommendation.

7 days on HAL or Princess to get 6 hours at one port over a week on a Celebrity ship, really? No way.

Don't be so hard on Princess and HAL! Every cruise line I have been on has had features that are better than on another cruise line or ship.

The demigraphic is very similar on all three lines. Although people like to joke about the "0lder age" of the HAL cruiser. We have not found that to be the case on the typical 7, 10, or 14 day cruises we have taken.

FYI the current issue of Travel + Leisure magazine ranks Princess #2 and Celebrity #3 in the Mega Ship category, HAL has no mega ships. in the large ship category Princess is 6, HAL 7 and Celebrity 8. I love cruising on all three cruise lines.

In the end everyone has his/her own preferences.

I remain disappointed that the Eclipse which IMHO had the best 14 day southern Caribbean itinerary (8 ports in 14 days with no return to Miami)has dropped Bonaire. Anyone who has snorkeled with Woodwind knows what a treasure the marine park there is!!!

I do not want to start a discussion of which cruise line is best! Just keep an open mind!

Bring back Bonaire!