Gift Bag

phabric

I will be cruising Dec 26, Eastern Caribbean.

I plan on giving a small gift bag to everyone in our group. 8 out 18 have never cruised before.

I will be flying so has to be small.

I have so far -

For the ladies - small hand held fan, towel clip for the chair

For the men - towel clip for the chair

What else can I get foe the men?

The towel clip is the best idea because someone who has never cruised before is not going to realize how windy it can get on the pool deck. None of the other things are really cruise-specific, in my opinion. I mean, if you eat mints or need chapstick or a nightlight, you probably already bring your own when traveling, no matter if it's a cruise or a weekend in Peoria.

The towel clip is the best idea because someone who has never cruised before is not going to realize how windy it can get on the pool deck. None of the other things are really cruise-specific, in my opinion. I mean, if you eat mints or need chapstick or a nightlight, you probably already bring your own when traveling, no matter if it's a cruise or a weekend in Peoria.

My last weekend in Peoria...well, what happens in Peoria and all that. :D I think the nightlight thing is a good idea. OP says many members of the group are cruise virgins, so they probably don't realize that a nightlight is a good idea, especially in an inside cabin.

Edited by shredie

Nightlight for sure.

Highlighter and post it notes.

Magnets for the many pieces of paper to go on the walls.

A few wooden clips to use for laundry or to close the curtains.

Small bottle of Purell or package of handiwipes for shore excursions.

The boca clips for the deck chairs is a great idea.

Suggest to your friends to look for an over the door organizer. Love using ours on each cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hat visors or baseball cap hats with maybe the cruise and date on them

group t-shirts

sandal magnets

springy wrist bands - then punch a hole in the cruise card and you don't need pockets or the dreaded lanyard

If you are on over New Years - party hats and those annoying blow things (you know the kind that unwind)

I like the idea of a drink "coupon". Good for one free drink (you might want to put a dollar amount for those that don't drink a $70 shot LOL.

For the first timers and the repeaters - maybe a check list of things they might want to bring like an alarm clock, night light, extra battery or memory card for their camera, extension cord/plug for all their plug ins, don't forget to turn your phone off or put in plane mode..... that kind of thing.

I think the over the door organizer is a waste. We have never had the need to use one whether two in a cabin or four. I guess it depends on the ship and cabin type but we have always found enough storage.

Highlighter is the best advise I got from Cruise Critic. It's great to mark off Princess Patter, and not to squint later trying to figure out where to go next. I bring 2 colors for "must do" and "if I have time", and leave in the cabin.

Maybe cheap slippers that can be left behind?

Night lights? Battery-operated candles?

We like to put a magnet on the door.

Go to a pharmacy like Walgreens, and ask where is their travel-size department. Anything from there, like toothpaste, hairspray, deodorant.

Edited by Dayenu

I am also working on some gift bags for my cruise for our group.

I found mesh bags at an online retailer for about $1.25 apiece when you order a dozen. The bags are good for taking all the beach gear ashore, and don't bring back the sand.

Also, some inexpensive wallets. The same website has them for about a buck apiece for nylon wallets. Useful to bring only the cruise card, credit card, id, and some small amounts of cash, rather than take the whole overstuffed usual wallet.

I'm also concerned about the space that it takes to pack some of these things, so size, weight, and packability are key. I don't want to ship a box to myself at the hotel where I'm staying pre-cruise.