Currently on Eclipse Luninae service restricted

Gordoncruickshank

At the moment, the Eclipse is doing the brunch thing on sea days. Stops at 1pm and no breakfast provided. We can't /don't want to wait until 10am to eat. Not happy at all that this is happening. My wife is diabetic and needs to eat regularly. Sure we can eat elsewhere but not where we paid for. It also ends too early.

Will wait and see what happens with the comments card I just left which I have copied to send on to the concerns email address.

Due to this particular cruise there effectively doing 4 brunches in a row. 2 sea days, the. Azores then sea day

This was our schedule on Eclipse too for the TA in the spring. We didn't have an issue with it but understand your concern.

I would go eat in Blu for breakfast if I were you. It is excellent and really has far more variety for breakfast than Luminae anyway......as a suite guest you will be admitted there for breakfast anytime.

This was our schedule on Eclipse too for the TA in the spring. We didn't have an issue with it but understand your concern.

I would go eat in Blu for breakfast if I were you. It is excellent and really has far more variety for breakfast than Luminae anyway......as a suite guest you will be admitted there for breakfast anytime.

We have done that but it isn't what we have paid for nor what the chief exec told cruise critic in July would happen, breakfast, lunch and dinner. 7 brunch days out of 13 is the schedule.

This seems so odd after all the commocation over the hours and meal service. I hope we get a clarification from celebrity. The hours are now supposedly standard across the fleet. We sail on the Equinox soon and hope there are no surprises.

We have done that but it isn't what we have paid for nor what the chief exec told cruise critic in July would happen, breakfast, lunch and dinner. 7 brunch days out of 13 is the schedule.

I understand that.....just trying to make the best out of a situation....don't let it destroy your cruise...... we loved Luminae AND the Eclipse ..... hopefully you can get some resolution but if they have continued with same schedule that we had on the TA, which was the FIRST sailing with Luminae (and we didn't have an issue because we weren't even sure it would be open for us and were happy it was open at all) I guess they decided to leave it that way, don't know if you'll be able to change it..... good luck.....:)

Just taken from the UK Celebrity site, under the Suite Experience!

Let us introduce you to Luminae – our new restaurant exclusive to Suite Class guests. Offering complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner, Luminae combines world-class cuisine from James Beard featured chefs, ambient atmosphere and unbeatable service. Luminae will be available to experience and enjoy from April 2015.

We booked a suite on Eclipse for last May, we had to cancel for health reasons, an frankly, can't see us rebooking another in a suite, it will be Blu for us IF we go again.

I would be looking for some OBC, UK law is pretty strict on not providing services as advertised.

Edited by Adammara

Hello,

I was on the previous 14 night Azores cruise (returned 27th Sept) and then too Luminae did 'Brunch' and not Breakfast then lunch. It would be no good for me as my body doesn't like short cuts.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

I was on the previous 14 night Azores cruise (returned 27th Sept) and then too Luminae did 'Brunch' and not Breakfast then lunch. It would be no good for me as my body doesn't like short cuts.

Regards,

Cublet

Sounds like the Eclipse doesn't work for the Celebrity Cruise line managed by Lisa Lutoff-Perlo or she is unaware that her statements here are not being followed on the ship......or she doesn't care.

I suggest that "Celebrity Cruises" get involved in this one to either tell us of a change in policy or to tell Ms Lutoff-Perlo that she is being ignored by her staff and the ships (probably not a good thing for a CEO).

At the moment, the Eclipse is doing the brunch thing on sea days. Stops at 1pm and no breakfast provided. We can't /don't want to wait until 10am to eat. Not happy at all that this is happening. My wife is diabetic and needs to eat regularly. Sure we can eat elsewhere but not where we paid for. It also ends too early.

Will wait and see what happens with the comments card I just left which I have copied to send on to the concerns email address.

Due to this particular cruise there effectively doing 4 brunches in a row. 2 sea days, the. Azores then sea day

Hi Gordon,

I'd highly suggest speaking with the Restaurant Manager and/or the Food and Beverage Manager. I'm curious to hear their response, and hope you report back. Sorry for the disappointment, but I wish you a wonderful cruise !

I have filled in both sides of the comment sheet regards this and passed it back to guest relations this morning. I then advised the Michaels Club concierge (as they get a bit stroppy if they don't know). Concierge was a waste of space in my opinion - you have other places you can eat was her comment. Mine was that I paid to eat in Luminae at the times advertised. I await with interest if there is a response and will post when I hear. I did this early to give them a chance to put it right. If not they are in breech of their advertising.

If it stays like this it won't spoil the holiday but I will be thinking hard about the 5 cruise with Celebrity that I have in the pipeline.

I'm sorry this is happening, and I hope you get a satisfactory response. It's fine for all of us who aren't on the ship to say make the best of it, but we're not there and we're not the ones who paid for something we're not getting!

I hope you're still able to enjoy the cruise and find options that work for you. To me, the big concern (whether or not you can find alternatives that work for you) is Celebrity failing to deliver what was advertised and contracted for.

Edited by Cindy

If not they are in breech of their advertising.

Did they advertise times? I would love to show them that. All I have seen is the wording of serving breakfast lunch and dinner.

Brunch has both breakfast and lunch on the menu, so technically they hit that mark.

Understand you were promised breakfast in Luminae. I would be speaking with the hotel director personally and the director of guest relations. An on board credit certainly seems likely to be offered.

When we stayed in a suite I note we ate breakfast mostly either in our room, at the Elite breakfast, or at the Aqua Spa. I found we could go to one of the others and have a great time. DW preferred breakfast served simply in our cabin after a smoothie delivered earlier by me! You indicated your wife was diabetic - Aqua Spa should be better than Luminae for her.

I was on the Eclipse from September 13th to 27th. We had brunch on every sea days from 10am until 1pm.

We went a 2 brunches out of 6. The other 4 days we had breakfast at the room and at Blu. There's so many ways to have food on a ship. :-)

We were very pleased by the Luminae and the staff was wonderful. When you're in holidays stay positive.

Edited by Dakkar

Sounds like the Eclipse doesn't work for the Celebrity Cruise line managed by Lisa Lutoff-Perlo or she is unaware that her statements here are not being followed on the ship......or she doesn't care.

I suggest that "Celebrity Cruises" get involved in this one to either tell us of a change in policy or to tell Ms Lutoff-Perlo that she is being ignored by her staff and the ships (probably not a good thing for a CEO).

Ms Lutoff- Perlo absolutely does Care ! It's always been like on most cruise line co's. What is done on land (Corporate America) is not implemented/communicated to on board operations.

Eventually it works itself out but in the mean time..its a Charlie fox trot

CC

Edited by curiouscat

10 am for breakfast / brunch is late, esp for a diabetic....or anyone who gets up early.

.What time do they serve lunch?

Does it appear to be a staffing issue?

this will also affect BLU, continuing to serve breakfast for suite guests....but probably expecting most of them would go to Luminae, they may be short staffed

Hope it gets sorted out asap....enjoy the cruise!

The issue here isn't that there aren't alternatives for every meal......the issue is that the CEO of Celebrity clearly stated that their advertising of breakfast lunch and dinner would be implemented on all ships. That was months ago.

One easily can start to wonder about the CEO's credibility....or perhaps whether they know what's happening in their company. My guess is she doesn't know...and it will be very quickly fixed...but I've been wrong many times. At a minimum, the recent phantom, "Celebrity cruises", could help here.

The issue here isn't that there aren't alternatives for every meal......the issue is that the CEO of Celebrity clearly stated that their advertising of breakfast lunch and dinner would be implemented on all ships. That was months ago.

One easily can start to wonder about the CEO's credibility....or perhaps whether they know what's happening in their company. My guess is she doesn't know...and it will be very quickly fixed...but I've been wrong many times. At a minimum, the recent phantom, "Celebrity cruises", could help here.

You no read my post you not understand... Not unusual.. happens in a lot of co's... I know I've worked in CA...

CC

I was on the Eclipse from September 13th to 27th. We had brunch on every sea days from 10am until 1pm.

We went a 2 brunches out of 6. The other 4 days we had breakfast at the room and at Blu. There's so many ways to have food on a ship. :-)

We were very pleased by the Luminae and the staff was wonderful. When you're in holidays stay positive.

While the change does not bother me, I can understand why it would someone else that has a different eating schedule. However, if you think about it, Celebrity is coming through with what they promise. Brunch is breakfast and lunch. Celebrity did not say Luminae will serve breakfast or lunch at a certain hour.;)

Most sea days (good weather) DH and I are around the pool and do not want to dress for lunch. During fowl weather and port days, we eat breakfast very early, so if we were not doing anything else, we would be ready for lunch between 12:00 and 1:00. What type of lunch foods would they have during this brunch?

Also, were you served lunch in Luminae on embarkation day? That's what we are looking forward to. Hope they don't discontinue that. :( Coming up in 3 weeks!

Edited by Iamthesea