Breakfast in Blu

daydreamer16

Hello fellow Cruisers - My first post on CC, but wanted to chime in on the Blu, which is the single reason we always sail Aqua class. There are the other perks which are nice, but both breakfast and dinners at the Blu are a cut above. The Blu is elegant and friendly, a winning combination.

We're departing Instabul October 23, and can't wait to go.

Enjoy your Aqua class Perks.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to my first time in Aqua Class and eating in Blu. I keep hearing about breakfast in Blu, but I have been unable to find a link to a Blu breakfast menu--help?

You might want to visit my Gallery which includes all the Blu menus:

http://cruisewith.lydiaingo.com/gallery/

I also did take a picture of the breakfast menu, here is a direct link:

http://cruisewith.lydiaingo.com/gallery/var/albums/Blu-Menus/DSC06582_Lr.jpg?m=1421164697

Can you order more than one thing?

If we're going into port for a long day we usually skip lunch and will eat a huge breakfast, like a bagel with salmon and eggs and bacon.

Normally we'd just get all this at the buffet but we'll be in Aqua on our next cruise. Can we do that in Blu?

Yeah, museli -- the ole Ewell Gibbons mix that people eat because they think it will make them healthy. :rolleyes: :D:D

My DH doesn't like Blu for Breakfast. He enjoys unhealthy breakfast! We had tried blu a couple of times a few years ago- but since they didn't serve his has brown greasy potatoes, we no longer have blu breakfast- He doesn't eat eggs- just bacon, a toasted bagel and greasy potatoes!

Does blu now serve potatoes- not the boiled or baked type. Also what about lumiere, do they serve breakfast and is it greasy for him? I eat much more healthy then he does but I am the one with the high cholesterol his is perfect! It's all about the gene's I guess!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I've always found plenty of unhealthy options in Blu for breakfast. Bacon, sausage, danish, potatoes etc... But my definition might be different than his!

They didn't have "hash brown's" or home fried potatoes. They gave him something that resembled sliced boiled potatoes- He was very disappointed. He is like a baby when it comes to his eating! What I did do, is after his buffet breakfast- would sometimes go to the captains club breakfast- which was in Tuscan grill on the S class ships and have a bagel with some salmon for myself- I liked sitting in Tuscan rather then the busy buffet or MDR.

No. Maybe 50% full at maximum. Breakfast is much quieter and slower pace than dinner. Late night at Martini Bar, perhaps.

I want to be on your cruise, as blu always seems full when I've eaten there:D

It's nice but, really, breakfast is breakfast. No big deal. My wife won't even rise to eat there , preferring her mad rush to the Elite breakfast 15 minutes before closing. For me l hit Elite and then the buffet, usually skipping Blu entirely. But many like it and that's understandable. To each his own.

We like the ambiance of Blu, the food is OK but the staff still looks harried on most nights. Aqua is fine, generally, but only for the right price. We book at least Aqua every cruise now, so we must enjoy it quite a bit to spend the money:rolleyes:

They didn't have "hash brown's" or home fried potatoes. They gave him something that resembled sliced boiled potatoes- He was very disappointed. .

The potatoes are roasted fingerling potatoes. Pretty good in my opinion.

Breakfast in Blu is more relaxed than dinner. We will often head to the MDR for a change of pace.