Bringing snacks on board

warpdrvr

I tried to search but couldn't find an answer.

What is Princess' policy with regard to bringing sealed type snacks on board, ie chips/candy? We sometimes like a little snack of that type without having to resort to ship prices or buying at a port. I'm talking little individual type bags you see at a convenience store and/or a Hershey bar/Reeses type thing..

Thanks in advance

We always take snacks with us. We don't go up to the nightly elite/suite lounge and prefer to have drinks with friends in our cabin/balcony. i always have a couple small dishes of snacks to munch on. No one has ever stopped us or questions them.

We oftentimes bring individually wrapped snacks onboard so we have something small in our bag when we go on an excursion, since you are not allowed to take food from the ship onshore.

Sometimes we just take snacks for our room stewards. In the past, we've asked them what they get onshore when they visit a grocery store or Walmart. Most have said they love Doritos and another big vote for candies such as chocolate covered almonds. Many have mentioned they love to have such items for their crew parties or just to have in their cabins.

We oftentimes bring individually wrapped snacks onboard so we have something small in our bag when we go on an excursion, since you are not allowed to take food from the ship onshore.

Sometimes we just take snacks for our room stewards. In the past, we've asked them what they get onshore when they visit a grocery store or Walmart. Most have said they love Doritos and another big vote for candies such as chocolate covered almonds. Many have mentioned they love to have such items for their crew parties or just to have in their cabins.

THANK YOUfor being so specific about what is liked by the crew. I can buy both Doritos and chocolate covered almonds in my local supermarket. Although I will be staying with my cousins before embarking, they have the same supermarket, and I have already informed them I am contributing to the food budget while I'm staying with them! They are "saving" me over $500USD on the cost of a Hotel room near Circular Quay, so am delighted to be able to contribute while staying with them and their 5 dogs pre-cruise.

I think Doritos come in Original and Cheese, possibly Barbecue? Not sure on the last, I have eaten them, but I'm more fond of another snack food. Does anyone know if a specific flavour of Doritos is preferred please? If I know, I will try and get it.

Chocolate covered almonds are NOT something I'd actually put on my Snack List-more an assortment of different packets of nuts and some Prawn Crackers that I learnt totally by accident-used a coloured mug when pouring an alcoholic drink-are VERY good at absorbing alcohol. Despite a DOUBLE measure of alcohol, no headache after eating a full packet of Prawn Crackers. I was amazed, and you get such a lot in the packet so very good value! Now you've got me wondering about substituting chocolate covered peanuts and almonds for salted peanuts and almonds! You devil! :D:D

I try to remember to put a couple of factory-sealed energy bars in my purse before leaving the ship in port. We often will seek out an eatery while we're in port, but on excursions, you can be at the mercy of the tour. On one, the lunch was included as it was an all-day tour. The guide had stopped at his favorite deli before picking us up and got some premade sandwiches that he stowed in a cooler until we reached a picnic area. Unfortunately the condiments, which I don't eat, were already spread on them. I was really hungry by the time we got back on the ship.

But on our last cruise, while on an all day tour, the guide took our orders in the morning for lunch so the food would be ready by the time we reached the diner. I asked if we could order our item plain and she said all condiments would be on the side. Which they were. So didn't need my Power Bar that day.

We always bring popcorn because, except for movies under the stars there is no way to get popcorn. And on several occasions that has not been very good in our opinion. It is our favorite snack. we discovered the very first time we cruised on our very first sea day if you want a snack late at night you can't get it. Yeah you can go snack on actual food at the buffet but if you want something like popcorn or chips you are out of luck. and I would definitely eat more calories getting crackers and cheese and anything I cannot resist from the buffet or from the International cafe then a little bag of chips. Last time we went to the movie theater the night before and got a bucket of popcorn and filled it in Ziploc bags. It was good for the whole cruise.

I am diabetic and must have high protein snack available. I bring a variety of high protein, low carb bars with us. We tend to take longer cruises so we try to take enough so that I can take a couple on every port day. Port days are generally the most dangerous for sugar lows because we get so caught up in the new place to be.

Also, remember the Carnival Triumph that lost power and it took quite awhile to get it towed to port for repairs? Having a small stash of comfort snacks is not a bad thing.

THANK YOUfor being so specific about what is liked by the crew. I can buy both Doritos and chocolate covered almonds in my local supermarket. Although I will be staying with my cousins before embarking, they have the same supermarket, and I have already informed them I am contributing to the food budget while I'm staying with them! They are "saving" me over $500USD on the cost of a Hotel room near Circular Quay, so am delighted to be able to contribute while staying with them and their 5 dogs pre-cruise.

I think Doritos come in Original and Cheese, possibly Barbecue? Not sure on the last, I have eaten them, but I'm more fond of another snack food. Does anyone know if a specific flavour of Doritos is preferred please? If I know, I will try and get it.

Chocolate covered almonds are NOT something I'd actually put on my Snack List-more an assortment of different packets of nuts and some Prawn Crackers that I learnt totally by accident-used a coloured mug when pouring an alcoholic drink-are VERY good at absorbing alcohol. Despite a DOUBLE measure of alcohol, no headache after eating a full packet of Prawn Crackers. I was amazed, and you get such a lot in the packet so very good value! Now you've got me wondering about substituting chocolate covered peanuts and almonds for salted peanuts and almonds! You devil! :D:D

While tastes run the gambit and are a very personal thing, we have brought many smiles to the faces of the crew and staff by bringing on party snack foods that aren't generally available on the ship. I know that many have also liked the McDonald and / or Walmart certificates we have brought onboard when stopping at a port where close by....even though these sound cheesy, they were most appreciated. Good to know about the prawn crackers! :D