Yet another sale--30% Off - Every Ship, Every Sailing

No savings for me either. I booked an 8 night Norwegian Fjords cruise for 8/20/16 during the BOGO sale two weeks ago inside cabin category N solo for $1978 (not including taxes) and that same category today is $2077!! Looks like they raised the price of the cruise and then applied 30% to it. Hopefully there will be some price drops before final payment as I am not paying $2k for an 8 night cruise.

Sorry I was not clear enough. I did leave the second segment alone when it had gone up....jus t took my reduction on the first!

ALERT!! As I mused in bed after all the kafuffle, I realized I had not done the proper search for the second trip. When you are mock booking to see if there is a reduction, be sure and go ALL THE WAY TO THE VERY END ON THE BOOKING PROCESS......put in the names, birth dates etc, and go right to the very end where they want your money....but don't do that. For both our trips there was a difference after the intermediate calculations..the PVP did not even know to keep going. The upshot was that we also got a 175 reduction on the second cruise. Since her computer would not show it, I did a HOLD RESERVATION on my computer, and sent her the reservation number. Only then did she believe the numbers I was seeing on my computer. She was then able to issue the new info and customer confirmation papers. RCL really makes life hard for their staff by hamstringing them with not enough training or whatever. I would not trust simply phoning them,as she insisted her information was correct even as I had a reduced price on my screen. so,so we have to take on this much responsibility as consumers.

We booked our cruise just this sunday using the BOGO deal. When we did, guy on the phone with RCL said "tomorrow we start the 30% sale, your deal though is much better." So, we were cool with that.

Two days later DW checks - she called in and saved us $298! So YES it is worth checking prices!!

I had booked previously with the BOGO. Got an alert of a price drop and called RCI and got a small $50 per person reduction with this latest 30% off sale . But when they emailed my new booking form, my platinum balcony $50 discount was gone. Does anyone know if that discount doesn't apply with this sale? Because it was fine with the BOGO. Do I need to call them back and get my discount back?

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

I had booked previously with the BOGO. Got an alert of a price drop and called RCI and got a small $50 per person reduction with this latest 30% off sale . But when they emailed my new booking form, my platinum balcony $50 discount was gone. Does anyone know if that discount doesn't apply with this sale? Because it was fine with the BOGO. Do I need to call them back and get my discount back?

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

I had my cruise refared yesterday and I kept my balcony platinum discount of $100.

I'd call them back.

Good luck

Bill

You can combine the OBC from booking on board and the C&A balcony discount with the 30/30 saile.

If you use the C & A balcony discount it isn't really 30% off the actual cruise fare. They take the balcony discount off first and then give you the 30% off the remaining fare. Everyone not using that discount gets 30% off the actual fare.

With a cruise priced at a certain price, (no BOGO or sale such as 30%) they take the balcony discount off the actual fare. When they use the BOGO they take the balcony discount off for one fare and give the BOGO to the other fare. In our case using the 30% off one of our cruises reduced our D+ balcony discount by $75 in real value. Just a roundabout way of reducing the value of the Loyalty Balcony discount.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou

I got the balcony discount with the 30% off sale.

The 30% off doesn't seem to apply to Alaska cruises - just cruise tours according to the flyer :(

So, I guess it really isn't 30% off all cruises......

I just did a mock booking of an Alaska cruise (no cruise tour) next june, and the 30% off was applied.

I just did a mock booking of an Alaska cruise (no cruise tour) next june, and the 30% off was applied.

Really? Then I guess I better go through the mock booking process. I was going by the information on the flyer link.

Thanks for the heads up!

If it's 30% off all fares, it should help the folks who put 3 or 4 guests in a stateroom. The BOGOHO did not help them much.

Not in our case. BOGOHO is the better deal. 30% would have been the better rate if they didn't jack the prices first - but that was not the case.

Not in our case. BOGOHO is the better deal. 30% would have been the better rate if they didn't jack the prices first - but that was not the case.

They didn't "jack up the rates". That class of cabin bookings had less availability so the rates naturally go up when there is less space.