Yet another sale--30% Off - Every Ship, Every Sailing

I just did a mock booking on our Jan 25, 2016 Enchantment of the Seas cruise in a Jr. Suite category. Final payment is due next month, Nov 26.

It would cost me $278.40 MORE with this sale than the BOGOHO.

I have to allow for the fact that I booked it Jul 1, more than 6 months out & now it's 105 days til sail away.

I also did a mock booking for Oasis in Feb 2017 Balcony w/ ocean view 3 days ago and again today with the new sale. That date is far enough out to not be not be affected by final payment coming due, etc.

My savings today is $106 on this booking.

Good luck everyone!

I booked a B2B cruise to Alaska when the 50% off fare for the second guest was offered. Called TA today to see if we could get a reduced rate for the new offering and all we saved was $75 total for the two cruises. While not great, better than nothing.

I just did a mock booking on our Jan 25, 2016 Enchantment of the Seas cruise in a Jr. Suite category. Final payment is due next month, Nov 26.

It would cost me $278.40 MORE with this sale than the BOGOHO.

I have to allow for the fact that I booked it Jul 1, more than 6 months out & now it's 105 days til sail away.

I also did a mock booking for Oasis in Feb 2017 Balcony w/ ocean view 3 days ago and again today with the new sale. That date is far enough out to not be not be affected by final payment coming due, etc.

My savings today is $106 on this booking.

Good luck everyone!

I just did a mock booking for my FOTS sailing May 2016 - it is $109 cheaper for an interior room than the BOGOHO. For our Allure Nov 29th 2015 cruise it is roughly the same cost as the BOGOHO promotion.

Base price is independent of promotion.

The base price tends to fluctuate with supply and demand, so the results you get when applying different promotions at different times will vary.

Of course with the redesigned booking engine, they've now made it much more difficult to figure out base price. And I thought the ajax refresh scrolling was annoying when it was just the search screen. Who designed this UX?

I think a programmer screwed up the other day because I was able to book a D5 on Allure sailing Nov 29th for $1,507 (taxes & port fees incl) two days ago, which was 30% off their BOGOHO price for that same room. It was corrected shortly after I booked :-)

After the RCI representive re fared my booking with the 30% sale and he said I would get $250 OBC/pp this morning. I received my invoice showing $250 OBC/pp. Now on RCI site it shows $200 OBC for the same cruise.

I am wondering, due to their mistake this morning, will they honour the $250 OBC or will correct it?

Our cruise on the Independence in February went down $ 63 for the two of us in an inside room... Will be calling to see about getting an adjustment.

So, for us, the 30% sale is really a sale :)

I'm glad you said this because it reminded me to call and ask about my February cruise on Independence. Previously I had only been thinking of the sale for my summer cruise that I haven't booked yet. No deal for me on Indy though - mine had already gone up $250 from when I booked.

I do not understand why people complain when their fare is not reduced.

"Sale" does not mean that EVERY cabin on EVERY ship on EVERY sailing will have a price that is lower even than yesterday's price, much less whenever YOU booked.

<smh>

I just saved $133 on my Grandeur cruise next year. My other cruises I booked so early that I got the best price at booking time.

No complaints here. The cruises are obviously worth what I paid for them when I booked them. So any sale that lowers the price is just icing on the cake for me!

I am thrilled that this particular 30% off resulted in a full 30% off for solo's.

Base price is independent of promotion.

The base price tends to fluctuate with supply and demand, so the results you get when applying different promotions at different times will vary.

Of course with the redesigned booking engine, they've now made it much more difficult to figure out base price. And I thought the ajax refresh scrolling was annoying when it was just the search screen. Who designed this UX?

For me the base price of multiple sailings all fluctuated up at the exact same time that coincidentally was when the new sale started. Could be supply and demand I suppose but it feels more like jacking the price before putting in new discount. With that said typically it seems that as the sales change the out of pocket prices don't fluctuate much. ( for me, this time they did - o well)

I do not understand why people complain when their fare is not reduced.

"Sale" does not mean that EVERY cabin on EVERY ship on EVERY sailing will have a price that is lower even than yesterday's price, much less whenever YOU booked.

<smh>

Yes. That is what they advertise, isn't it? " 30% offEvery ship, every sailing"

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/

Edited by emdia43

Yes. That is what they advertise, isn't it? " 30% offEvery ship, every sailing"

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/

Right. 30% off the current price. Not 30% off the price when you booked it. Cruise prices fluctuate. I had two cruises up FROM WHEN I BOOKED THEM-- but they were down from yesterday. I just got a better price (actually on the last 30 for 30 sale). My other two cruises were down today from when I booked. In my experience, the 30 for 30 sales are better than BOGO. But booking early is ALWAYS BEST (from US) and then watching prices.

For me the base price of multiple sailings all fluctuated up at the exact same time that coincidentally was when the new sale started. Could be supply and demand I suppose but it feels more like jacking the price before putting in new discount. With that said typically it seems that as the sales change the out of pocket prices don't fluctuate much. ( for me, this time they did - o well)

I don't see that trend at all. What I do notice is that the cruises tend to be at their lowest price when the itinerary is first announced.

I don't see that trend at all. What I do notice is that the cruises tend to be at their lowest price when the itinerary is first announced.

I agree-- with the exception of anthem. Was much higher at onset; wonder if the bad reviews drove price down. February cruise is $400 less for same cabin since March.

I agree, every cruise that I booked was at least a year away except for our Harmony of the Seas cruise next June which was just under a year out. It has usually been the best deals around that time frame.

That's the way I see it. I try to book most of my cruises when the itineraries first come out in March/April. Most prices only go up from there.