smoking

big bones

Could anyone tell the closest designated smoking area to suite F311 on golden princess.

Can you stop daily amount for tips being charged to your account.

Can you get a soft drink card on this ship.

if you booked with an australian agent and whilst the Golden Princess is sailing in australian waters the gratuities are included in the fare

Could anyone tell the closest designated smoking area to suite F311 on golden princess.

1)Not sure where the suite is, but there's usually a designated smoking area on deck.

2)The daily tips are to insure the staff get a living wage. If you can't/won't pay that, then stay home!! Sorry, I'm in the hospitality business & can't stand people who would screw others out of a decent wage!

3)Yes. sign on at any bar when on board.

1)Not sure where the suite is, but there's usually a designated smoking area on deck.

2)The daily tips are to insure the staff get a living wage. If you can't/won't pay that, then stay home!! Sorry, I'm in the hospitality business & can't stand people who would screw others out of a decent wage!

2. Maybe they were just wanting to budget, not cut out the gratuities!!:rolleyes: K

2. Maybe they were just wanting to budget, not cut out the gratuities!!:rolleyes: K

Not sure how you could call it budgeting if one wanted to stop the daily auto tip. That would be screwing the staff. Now since the Golden is in the Australian market now, it is very relevant where the cruiser is from and if they booked with an Australian travel agent where tips are included in the fare.

Isn't that one of the window suites? The Player's Bar is about 50 feet from you where you can smoke. Just turn toward the Princess Theater. The bar will be on your left.

I have heard several smokers complain that Player's Bar is too smokey! Never having been there, I have no concept of how smokey it is but find the comment funny.

There is actually no soda card per se. It is a sticker that is attached to your cruise card.

That bar is really smokey. I can smell it just walking by. I find it ironic that smokers find that bar too smokey.

It used to be that smoking was permitted the port side on deck 14. I don't know if that rule is still in effect.

That is the ship's cigar bar.

You can get a nicotine fix just by breathing in there. No need to light up anything of your own.

True, but unfortunately for those of us that enjoy a cigar it's the only place on board.

You can have auto tips taken off. Just go to the customer service desk and tell them that you want them removed and they will do it. It is your choice no matter what people say on these boards. Has nothing to do with being cheap but it is a choice you have.

I would be more supportive if Princess gave people the option of having auto tips added instead of making you start with them already on.

It really should be called "auto-wage." :rolleyes:

You can have auto tips taken off. Just go to the customer service desk and tell them that you want them removed and they will do it.

:rolleyes:

I don't believe this information is correct for Australian booked cruises in Australian waters if that is where the OP is sailing. For these cruises the "tip" is part of the fare it isn't an additional folio charge as it is in the U.S. market.

Since when did someone die and make you the boss. Sorry but it is not your place to tell other people what to do or where they can go. I know many on here are to polite to suggest where you can go if you do not like it. It is the employers responsibility to pay a decent wage NOT the customer.

Edited by Potstech

I had terrible service in the dining room on Star cruise last year and did remove some of the automatic tips.

I tried everything including the head waiter. Tips are fir service. When there is none there are no tips.

First time I have done this in 25 years but it can happen and I wont tip for bad service.

You can have auto tips taken off. Just go to the customer service desk and tell them that you want them removed and they will do it. It is your choice no matter what people say on these boards. Has nothing to do with being cheap but it is a choice you have.

I would be more supportive if Princess gave people the option of having auto tips added instead of making you start with them already on.

It really should be called "auto-wage." :rolleyes:

I agree! I don't like the cruise companies telling me what I have to tip! It isn't my responsibility to pay their wages. Just add it to the fare!

And if you are an Aussie, sailing Aus to Aus there are no daily tips, so nothing to remove.

Since when did someone die and make you the boss. Sorry but it is not your place to tell other people what to do or where they can go. I know many on here are to polite to suggest where you can go if you do not like it. It is the employers responsibility to pay a decent wage NOT the customer.

OMG an American who "gets it".

If you are on any ship sailing out of Australia/New Zealand and the folio charges are in Aus $ and you are either an Australian or New Zealand citizen then there are no auto gratuities added to your account. They are included in your fare.

The Americans here that always argue about the tips are assured that when they book on these ships they will have the gratuities added the their accounts so they don't feel bad about not paying the wages of the staff.

You can get a soda sticker but you could also look at bringing on board any soft drinks you prefer if cost is a concern. Princess only restrict hard liquor being brought on board but you can bring as much soft drinks and water as you please. You can also bring on board one bottle of wine per person per trip.

The smoking issue can be hard to give an answer on, as again in Australian and New Zealand waters indoor smoking is not permitted. As the Golden is new to our waters I don't know what they will apply but there will be a smoking area outside usually towards the back of the ship.

caribill, is this cigar bar an enclosed bar? I'm non smoker.

There are doors, but when the cigar bar is in the location that it is on this ship, the doors are usually open.

The only reason for non-smokers to go past the cigar bar is it is on the way to the Princess Theater using the deck 6 entrances. Can be avoided by using the deck 7 entrances to the Princess Theater.