HAL's new partnerships, upgrades, branding initiative

InTheWASide

After reading all these comments, I couldn't resist peeking at the train wreck in progress. All this hype about a partnership with a magazine I have never heard of?!?

Even worse....they are only on the first "major" announcement?!? If we are avid cruisers and bored to tears, think about the poor people who have to be there for their job!

Personalized planning??????????

This is a lot of corporate speak aimed at the "It's all about YOU!" attitude. How much can I "personalize" a cruise when I don't get to plan the itinerary? I can only choose from what they offer.

Do people really have so much trouble choosing a cruise????????????

Ahhh, UTrip uses AI and algorithms to figure out what I want and tell me what I want. NO THANKS. I know what I want better than any computer/website can.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

2) the dining room is going back to the way it use to be set. A full service of dinnerware. Last cruise half the time we had to ask for silverware. And bring back the server and his assistant. Also last time after waiting for twenty minutes or so for the tables to be cleared we just finally got up and left. no desert, no coffee. The other night the matre'd came and helped to clear tables. A couple of other nights we had problems but not as bad.

Cunard lurker here enjoying reading this thread; with 15 ships this board always has something interesting. My question is this: Do HAL servers NOT have an assistant?

This is a lot of corporate speak aimed at the "It's all about YOU!" attitude. How much can I "personalize" a cruise when I don't get to plan the itinerary? I can only choose from what they offer.

I suspect they are talking about the ports.....

This is port-specific stuff. Actually it's a good idea. Cruise line port info is almost universally terrible/old/out of date/non-existent. Many lines don't even have anything! about ports.

Ahhh, UTrip uses AI and algorithms to figure out what I want and tell me what I want. NO THANKS. I know what I want better than any computer/website can.

Maybe? It's about selling more shore excursions.........

I heard them slip that word in a few times. :)

This is port-specific stuff. Actually it's a good idea. Cruise line port info is almost universally terrible/old/out of date/non-existent. Many lines don't even have anything! about ports.

He said that most people don't trust crusie line info. I still won't. That's what CC's partner travel rating site (and similr) is for. I also use local travel websites. If I want to go to a soccer game (Utrip's example), I'm going to the team's website.

BBC Earth--is this all video, or will there be real live people on board?

Maybe? It's about selling more shore excursions.........

I heard them slip that word in a few times. :)

But if it's all about personalizing a shore experience that will make me happy, and I want what nobody else wants, then what?

Or is this system going to look at what you like and find the shore excursion closest to that?

Then perhaps he shouldn't show us his undershirt .

he and the guest speakers all have nice suits and dress shirts with even french cuffs - makes me think they all had ties at some point and decided - or were told - to ditch them - doesn't make it look like a first class presentation at all - and then there is the video mishap = trainwreck