Storing Hard-side luggage

renech

I'm in the market for a new suitcase since a wheel on my last one was hopelessly mangled during my last flight.

I'm considering trying a hard-side suitcase this time (24-25in), but I'm wondering if it's going to fit under the bed for cruising.

Does anyone cruise with hard-side luggage?

I'm in the market for a new suitcase since a wheel on my last one was hopelessly mangled during my last flight.

I'm considering trying a hard-side suitcase this time (24-25in), but I'm wondering if it's going to fit under the bed for cruising.

Open it up flat and it will fit under the bed. I doubt it will fit zippered without damaging it.

I agree with open and slide it under the bed.

In some staterooms it can act like another area for storage.

If you are going with a hardcase, Look into getting it with spinners.

check out the bags at http://www.ebags.com

I've spent some big bucks over the last few years on luggage only for it to last a couple of trips.

I just got some combo hard side/ soft side 4 wheel spinner bags from ebags,,,, and I'm quite impressed.

Jamaica and back, Africa and back, 2 Hawaii trips and back, 1 Hawaii/Kwajalein Atoll/Guam/Hawaii and back trip. A couple of minor scraps and scratches,, but that's it.

Luggage is black with bright orange strips and orange wheels,,,,, very easy to recognize coming off the belt

I have a 26" hard sided Heys brand (bought at Staples so not the expensive model) and it fits fine under the bed closed up. This was on the Jewel.

Thank you everyone for the input. It sounds like there's a pretty good chance that the suitcase will fit, and if it doesn't, I can just punt. I love getting input from my fellow RC cruisers! :)

I've spent some big bucks over the last few years on luggage only for it to last a couple of trips.

I just got some combo hard side/ soft side 4 wheel spinner bags from ebags,,,, and I'm quite impressed.

Jamaica and back, Africa and back, 2 Hawaii trips and back, 1 Hawaii/Kwajalein Atoll/Guam/Hawaii and back trip. A couple of minor scraps and scratches,, but that's it.

Luggage is black with bright orange strips and orange wheels,,,,, very easy to recognize coming off the belt

I'll check it out. I get my packing cubes from eBags, which I love, and eBags has terrific customer service. Thanks!

Our large Samsonite bags fit just fine under the bed.

Which luggage did you actually get (name)...lot's of options there

We have also, at times, pulled the sofa/love seat away from the wall. The suitcases fit nicely behind the furniture and you lose just a few inches of floor space. Did this on the Grandeur when our larger suitcases would not fit under the bed. Katherine

We have done this - you build yourself a bit of useful shelf space that way.

One of the things that I loved about staying in Junior Suites on RC ships (at least the older ones) is the walk-in closet. It always had plenty of space to accommodate our large hard-side Samsonite cases. On Celebrity, we usually do as others have suggested, and place them under the bed, open.

Should fit without any issues