Current Concierges continued discussion

If Rahul leaves Freedom in January, does anyone know how long until he returns? I might consider going to back to Freedom while he is gone.

The information I have on the Googledoc has him returning to FR on April 2. I guess that could slip to April 10. Over the past 18 months or so, Rahul has had his contract extended by a week. He was ready to go home and found out at the last minute that he had to stay an extra week.

Rahul's last vacation was shorter than 2 months. I think it was only for about 6 weeks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Edited by SherriZ366

Just off the Independence today

Sunil and his servers were outstanding in the CL . Such good service in a very pleasant atmosphere.

He tries to meet all your requests, no matter how small. And, he is always smiling.

It was our first time sailing with Sunil and hope we see him again----------------

Sunil and his servers were outstanding in the CL . Such good service in a very pleasant atmosphere.

He tries to meet all your requests, no matter how small. And, he is always smiling.

It was our first time sailing with Sunil and hope we see him again----------------

Thanks for the information -- I updated the Google Doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

We also disembarked Independence yesterday and think we briefly met you in the Concierge Lounge. Have to say that we entirely agree with you, Sunil was fantastic and catered to everyone's needs and requests and I am sure it wasn't easy as the lounge was always busy.

I am trying to reach the Concierge on the Navigator for information on a cabana for a March sailing. The spreadsheet indicates that Nadja is now in the DL and Amit Chattopadhyay boarded on 12-1-2015 in the CL.

The email link is for Nadja not Amit. I sent an email to Nadja about 3 weeks ago and have not heard back.

I am assuming that Nadja would pass the request along to Amit or maybe I will get a response as the cruise gets closer.

Any thoughts?

I am trying to reach the Concierge on the Navigator for information on a cabana for a March sailing. The spreadsheet indicates that Nadja is now in the DL and Amit Chattopadhyay boarded on 12-1-2015 in the CL.

The email link is for Nadja not Amit. I sent an email to Nadja about 3 weeks ago and have not heard back.

I am assuming that Nadja would pass the request along to Amit or maybe I will get a response as the cruise gets closer.

Any thoughts?

Too far in advance. Try send the email a few weeks before the cruise.

This is our 2nd week on the Liberty, have been in CL every evening and Carlos has yet to speak to us!! He hasn't talked to most of the 26 Pinnacles yet either. I will admit, we are a large group of friends that have met cruising and cruise this same time every year out of Galveston. We pretty much take up the entire lounge and can be loud. I'm sure he has received a lot of complaints from the suite guests and I don't blame them. Think he is just tolerating all of us until the new suite lounge is built and he will milo her have to deal with at least most of the D+.

In past years (Navigator) out of Galveston, the Viking Crown area was opened for overflow with bar servers, which gave us a larger area to gather. The Liberty refuses to open this area for overflow, so lounges are packed and very loud with long lines trying to get drinks. This makes for very unhappy loyalty members.

Carla

Me being curious - may I ask if you have tried greeting Carlos first? Maybe he thinks with a large group you just want to be left alone? I think that the concierge should at least say hello to everyone as they walk into the lounge unless they have someone sitting at their desk they are working with

Edited by jonj

Last information that I have is

Inna Tsyrfa who was supposed to leave GR in November.

Just got a message from some friends on the Grandeur:

Inna is off until late January

"Moe" is in the Diamond Club until further notice.

Inna will be back in late January and cover for Frances in the Concierge Lounge as he will vacation when Inna Returns, and she will return to the Diamond Club when Frances is back.

Again, this is what one of the concierges told people on board, so as we all know with all the movement lately anything can change!

Edited by Firefighterhoop

You base your cruise choices depending on the current concierge? :eek:

I do see your point, and I personally wouldn't not book a cruise because of it, but I do understand why people would take it into consideration when deciding between a few ships. A lot of people have crew members that they really like and are very helpful and the vast majority of Concierges are absolutely wonderful. There are a few concierges that aren't as friendly or welcoming to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members for whatever reason and it makes for a rather awkward happy hour, especially when there is a history of the same Concierges telling D+/PC Members that they can not access the Concierge Lounge.

I'm not going to complain because I really do like the Concierge/Diamond Lounge perk, but Just wanted to bring to light that there are a few ships that are less than Friendly towards D+/PC guests compared to others. (Key word FEW)

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Just got a message from some friends on the Grandeur:

Inna is off until late January

"Moe" is in the Diamond Club until further notice.

Inna will be back in late January and cover for Frances in the Concierge Lounge as he will vacation when Inna Returns, and she will return to the Diamond Club when Frances is back.

Again, this is what one of the concierges told people on board, so as we all know with all the movement lately anything can change!

We are very fond of both Francis and Inna….I'm glad that we will have Francis in the CL on the Jan. 6 cruise and then enjoy Inna on the Jan. 16 one.:)

I do see your point, and I personally wouldn't not book a cruise because of it, but I do understand why people would take it into consideration when deciding between a few ships. A lot of people have crew members that they really like and are very helpful and the vast majority of Concierges are absolutely wonderful. There are a few concierges that aren't as friendly or welcoming to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members for whatever reason and it makes for a rather awkward happy hour, especially when there is a history of the same Concierges telling D+/PC Members that they can not access the Concierge Lounge.

I'm not going to complain because I really do like the Concierge/Diamond Lounge perk, but Just wanted to bring to light that there are a few ships that are less than Friendly towards D+/PC guests compared to others. (Key word FEW)

CL on Freedom was making a killer peach martini last week.

Gustavo Butcher was injured last week on Independence. According to his Facebook post today. someone named Jacky from The Philippinesis working in the Diamond Lounge.
Please keep us in the loop about the Concierge for IN's DL. I updated the GoogleDoc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=371892551

Many guests were asking him and Nadja about his. As of this week (which for him was busy due to getting to the ship Day 4 of the cruise) he wasn't sure of when he would be signing off. However, that is right around the time Nadja will be back.

thanks for responding. As it turns out, I have an opportunity to go to China during this time, so I switched this cruise to the IOS late March. So I will miss seeing him either way. During our time in Australia, I got the feeling he was looking beyond Royal Carribean. He does get to meet some big CEOs in that CL and I believe some have offered him other type of jobs.

Well I never had a problem with friendliness until last week on the Freedom. We are Diamond+ I have used both and actually need to use the Diamond Lounge because my husband is in a scooter 24/7. Well the first time and only time we went last week I think the 3rd nite. The place was packed. no seats and truly no room for hubby. So I parked him at the first table outside in Olive Twist. We enjoy the snacks and that is what we went for. I gathered a few for him and talked to the waiter. Well I was met at the door by ??? And he told me to go to the bars and get a drink. Plain and simple. I was so taken back. I was being prolite and not sending my hubby in to park in the Aisle which is probably what I should have done.

Went straight to the concierge lounge found one seat and placed him in the aisle. We got our snacks but I will never show up at a lounge when ??? is present. I hate mentioning names I think all associated with the Freedom know who I am speaking of.

And I truly love the stock recorded message about departures.

The Best is the part thanking everyone for the tips he received and for his staff. Hint Hint Funny I had a few dollars in my hand for the bartender but was never able to give it to him.

Thanks for listening.

Just got off the Liberty of the Seas. I wanted to come on this thread and voice my opinion of both Concierges (CL and DL). They were both a pathetic representation for RCL. Carlos in the CL and Anis in the DL. Neither of them got out from behind their desk to meet anyone or introduce themselves or to serve drinks.

Usually when there are so many D, D+ and P's onboard, the HD or Food/Beverage Director will open up an overflow. They did not and will not. I do hope your experience will be more pleasant than ours was.

Just got off the Liberty of the Seas. I wanted to come on this thread and voice my opinion of both Concierges (CL and DL). They were both a pathetic representation for RCL. Carlos in the CL and Anis in the DL. Neither of them got out from behind their desk to meet anyone or introduce themselves or to serve drinks.

Usually when there are so many D, D+ and P's onboard, the HD or Food/Beverage Director will open up an overflow. They did not and will not. I do hope your experience will be more pleasant than ours was.

FWIW, I'm not sure it's their call to open an overflow. Probably the HD

Well I never had a problem with friendliness until last week on the Freedom. We are Diamond+ I have used both and actually need to use the Diamond Lounge because my husband is in a scooter 24/7. Well the first time and only time we went last week I think the 3rd nite. The place was packed. no seats and truly no room for hubby. So I parked him at the first table outside in Olive Twist. We enjoy the snacks and that is what we went for. I gathered a few for him and talked to the waiter. Well I was met at the door by ??? And he told me to go to the bars and get a drink. Plain and simple. I was so taken back. I was being prolite and not sending my hubby in to park in the Aisle which is probably what I should have done.

Went straight to the concierge lounge found one seat and placed him in the aisle. We got our snacks but I will never show up at a lounge when ??? is present. I hate mentioning names I think all associated with the Freedom know who I am speaking of.

And I truly love the stock recorded message about departures.

The Best is the part thanking everyone for the tips he received and for his staff. Hint Hint Funny I had a few dollars in my hand for the bartender but was never able to give it to him.

Thanks for listening.

Interesting how two people can have such a different opinion. My wife was on last week as well, and she is on again. Met her for lunch on turn around day and she had nothing but praise for both concierges. Granted it is crowded, but what can you do. I would definitely recommend using your vouchers in Olive or Twist. You don't seem like the type that drinks more than 3 a night

Please keep us in the loop about the Concierge for IN's DL. I updated the GoogleDoc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=371892551

I can confirm that Gustavo had left the ship on medical leave.

Jacque Yabut is covering for him for now. Sunil is in the CL.

Rest assured the Indy is in wonderful hands. Sunil is outstanding and

Jacque has been trained by Raj and Sunil.

I can confirm that Gustavo had left the ship on medical leave.

Jacque Yabut is covering for him for now. Sunil is in the CL.

Rest assured the Indy is in wonderful hands. Sunil is outstanding and

Jacque has been trained by Raj and Sunil.

This is good to hear. I had the name of Jackie on the GoogleDoc and that might be Jacque. Being training by Raj and Sunil is very reassuring. Thanks for the info. -- I have updated the Googledoc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=371892551