No more included speciality restuarants for Celebrity and Sky suite guests

uktog

It is now being reported and confirmed by several sources at Celebrity Cruises that the benefit of one nights speciality restaurant and two nights if you are on a cruise for longer than 7 nights is being withdrawn from 1 January as part of the revamp of suite offerings. (Sky suites do of course get Michaels Club every night instead, the stepchildren get nothing)

It would be helpful if the official representative could come on these boards and confirm if this is true and what the position is for existing guests who booked cruises which included this benefit

Thank you for starting this thread. I am one of those that decided to book a celebrity suite for our next cruise. We booked two celebrity suites so that the kids could have their own space versus booking the PH for the four us. Looking through the specs of the new updates for suites, i can see that celebrity suites were overlooked and actually had perks removed, i can only imagine that this was an oversight that will be rectified. Looking forward to a response from an informed representative of Celebrity.

They have not only reduced the perks in a Celebrity Suite, they have yet to come out with an official statement or notify the affected cruisers.

I've spoken to several people at Celebrity, including the Captains Club, sent 3 emails, posted on this forum & on face book.

I'm hoping that the affected cruisers, especially those in a CS, contact Celebrity and that they at least make good on their previously stated perks.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Those who booked CS with the complimentary specialty restaurant perk(s) should be acknowledged and grandfathered in (myself included). I paid for certain benefits at time of booking (on April 2015 for a April 2016 sailing) and I expect to receive what offers were featured at that time.

Anything less is considered a breach of advertising. This is a matter of principle. What gets yanked next? Because now we should be talking about fare reduction. Celebrity charged premium fares for upper-end suites for which we paid accordingly.

They have not only reduced the perks in a Celebrity Suite, they have yet to come out with an official statement or notify the affected cruisers.

I've spoken to several people at Celebrity, including the Captains Club, sent 3 emails, posted on this forum & on face book.

I'm hoping that the affected cruisers, especially those in a CS, contact Celebrity and that they at least make good on their previously stated perks.

I am waiting to hear too. I hope we get some good news. Not sure why they are penalizing CS passengers for the add of SS to MC. At least honor those in CS that booked with the specialty dining offering.

I do not recollect at any time when X changed a product offering, that those who have paid in full were not provided it, with the exception of those who want 3 meals daily offered in one of the suite dining venues.

Even when I reserved my upgraded beverage package, although not paid for, I received the same pricing before the rates went up.

If anyone has an actual experience to share, where they had an offer actually withdrawn by X after final payment at their cabin level, I would love to hear read about it.

bon voyage

Our next cruise will be our 2nd and last with Celebrity. I would cancel except we have made other plans around the timing and ports and i can't find another cruise that works with this timing.

I have been cruising since 1982 and i have never had a cruise line so blatantly change the terms of a cruise as Celebrity has on the 2 we booked.

The cancellation of the specialty dinners is just the icing on the cake of what they promise when you book and take away before you sail. I think they have slimy business practices. Every business evolves and things change, no problem, but generally the business honors what they contract with you and then change going forward. Not so much with Celebrity. They take your money and then they change the conditions of your booking.

I do not recollect at any time when X changed a product offering, that those who have paid in full were not provided it, with the exception of those who want 3 meals daily offered in one of the suite dining venues.

Even when I reserved my upgraded beverage package, although not paid for, I received the same pricing before the rates went up.

If anyone has an actual experience to share, where they had an offer actually withdrawn by X after final payment at their cabin level, I would love to hear read about it.

bon voyage

The problem is the sound of crickets from Celebrity. To my knowledge, no one who booked a CS or SS prior to the introduction of MC for SS guests has gotten any positive feed back or word from Celebrity. All they need to do is post something on this board or respond to 3 emails and several calls that I've made.

While eliminating lunch in Luminae on port days is upsetting to many, taking away the free specialty dinners has a monetary impact on the cruiser.

In looking this morning at the TA on Eclipse in November 2017, it still lists the specialty dining perk for reserving a SS or CS .....

I wonder if Celebrity can " get away with" eliminating this perk for people who have reserved a suite on an upcoming cruise where this perk was specifically mentioned at time of booking but have not yet paid in full......for those who have paid in full, I would think that legally Celebrity would have to honor this...unless something in the fine print states otherwise..

I wonder if they will honour the speciality dinners for bookings that were made prior to the announcement, but all those that have updated their suite booking under the new promotion (4 free perks), and subsequent bookings, will lose out?

Remember, there are many pax that will be unaware of the change until they are actually on the ship. The backlash for ship personnel if they do intend to withdraw the speciality visits will be immense. Surely not even X would place ship staff in such an awful situation on every single ship for every single cruise? It's most probably a case of: let's see what we are able to get away with ;). If someone complains, give them the speciality bookings. If they don't ask, don't mention it.

All Celebrity Suite people should call the Captain Club number. I called and was told that my reservation would be noted (for 3/17) that I was to receive my two free specialty restaurant dinners.

I've asked FB Celebrity official to confirm - even giving them my legal name and reservation number but have never heard back.

Where is the Celebrity CC official? These suites are not cheap and we want answers!!!

I wonder if they will honour the speciality dinners for bookings that were made prior to the announcement, but all those that have updated their suite booking under the new promotion (4 free perks), and subsequent bookings, will lose out?

Remember, there are many pax that will be unaware of the change until they are actually on the ship. The backlash for ship personnel if they do intend to withdraw the speciality visits will be immense. Surely not even X would place ship staff in such an awful situation on every single ship for every single cruise? It's most probably a case of: let's see what we are able to get away with ;). If someone complains, give them the speciality bookings. If they don't ask, don't mention it.

What announcement? They have not made an announcement about complimentary specialty dining.

The problem is the sound of crickets from Celebrity. To my knowledge, no one who booked a CS or SS prior to the introduction of MC for SS guests has gotten any positive feed back or word from Celebrity. All they need to do is post something on this board or respond to 3 emails and several calls that I've made.

While eliminating lunch in Luminae on port days is upsetting to many, taking away the free specialty dinners has a monetary impact on the cruiser.

I understand that, again my question IS, has anyone experienced ANY withdrawal of ANY 'perk' perceived or otherwise been taken away after final payment?

I can read the conjecture of what 'might' happen before 'final' payment, nothing but anecdotes. I cruise on basis of what I paid for and not what I think I should have gotten before I paid for it.

I personally find NO value in having X post anything about it until announced formally, then again those who heard it on authority from X may want to post the answer for you here as well, since they know?

For me, final payment under the current guidelines is the key (U.S. bookings only) then I would complain and not before.

Still I await to hear from CC'r's (en masse) who has had a perk withdrawn under new guidelines after final payment has been made.

I Am sure they would substitute something of equal or greater value and not something less in those cases.

Hysterical speculation, is possibly the operative phrase here, for me. Pay in full now for the cruise then there is a case to be made, I paid for it and I expect it or something of equal or greater value! If not paid before any 'speculated or anticipated' changes, then no need to complain in my book.

Eliminating lunch while in port is what was paid for, not critical in my opine, but paid for, and I do understand there were other options available to those guests rather they liked them or not.

What about those who paid for it and then change their sailing, should this follow them too?? I would presume if a deposit has been made under the current 'offering' it would be honoured up through the start date of the policy and NEW bookings. As was the case for the updated pricing of beverage packages.

bon voyage and have fun

I understand that, again my question IS, has anyone experienced ANY withdrawal of ANY 'perk' perceived or otherwise been taken away after final payment?

I can read the conjecture of what 'might' happen before 'final' payment, nothing but anecdotes. I cruise on basis of what I paid for and not what I think I should have gotten before I paid for it.

I personally find NO value in having X post anything about it until announced formally, then again those who heard it on authority from X may want to post the answer for you here as well, since they know?

For me, final payment under the current guidelines is the key (U.S. bookings only) then I would complain and not before.

Still I await to hear from CC'r's (en masse) who has had a perk withdrawn under new guidelines after final payment has been made.

I Am sure they would substitute something of equal or greater value and not something less in those cases.

Hysterical speculation, is possibly the operative phrase here, for me. Pay in full now for the cruise then there is a case to be made, I paid for it and I expect it or something of equal or greater value! If not paid before any 'speculated or anticipated' changes, then no need to complain in my book.

Eliminating lunch while in port is what was paid for, not critical in my opine, but paid for, and I do understand there were other options available to those guests rather they liked them or not.

What about those who paid for it and then change their sailing, should this follow them too?? I would presume if a deposit has been made under the current 'offering' it would be honoured up through the start date of the policy and NEW bookings. As was the case for the updated pricing of beverage packages.

bon voyage and have fun

3 meals a day in Luminae

Locally sourced Food in Luminae

I'm sure there are more since the new CEO took over.

Isn't your last paragraph speculation or conjecture?

I love the way someone posts some half-baked rumor followed by posts of people "never going to book "X" again", "How dare they!", etc. It stands to reason that, if you booked a cruise with a number of benefits stated in the offer in print, that they are not going to be retroactively taken away from you. As I suspected from the original post, you still have about 45 days to book a suite with all the new perks PLUS the old ones for sailings after the new program takes effect.

Celebrity have just confirmed on Facebook if you book before 1 January they will honour the commitment re speciality restaurants.

That's nice of them...hope those on Infinity are aware that Tuscan with new menu is now the top tier Specialty venue.....

I love the way someone posts some half-baked rumor followed by posts of people "never going to book "X" again", "How dare they!", etc. It stands to reason that, if you booked a cruise with a number of benefits stated in the offer in print, that they are not going to be retroactively taken away from you. As I suspected from the original post, you still have about 45 days to book a suite with all the new perks PLUS the old ones for sailings after the new program takes effect.

It was not a half baked rumour my original post was based on an email from the company