Allure - Give me your favorite specialty dining restaurant!

If you're foodies who enjoy wine I would definitely do Chef's Table. I would also do 150 Central Park, but without the wine pairing, which is very expensive for what you get.

Samba wasn't a favourite, but that's cos I'm not a fan of lots and lots of different meats one after the other - and without much in the way of vegetable accompaniments.

We had a poor experience at Giovannis on Allure but I think that was just bad luck.

We didn't eat at Chops on Allure but did so on Oasis and found it to be very good indeed, much better than we'd had in the past

Sabor is good and great value, but not a 'foodie' restaurant.

My choice for foodies would be: 1. Chef's Table, 2 150 CP, 3 Chops

Okay - just made a reservation for 150 Central Park based on your suggestions. Looks like it will be a very nice dinner.

No one has mentioned Izumi yet. Maybe that would be good for lunch? We enjoy sushi so may try it.

Hard to plan out where to eat when I do not yet know the schedule for regular dining on the ship. Is that info they release prior to boarding?

... Hard to plan out where to eat when I do not yet know the schedule for regular dining on the ship. Is that info they release prior to boarding?

Not sure what you mean by the "schedule for regular dining". I believe the fixed dining times are 6pm and 8:30pm.

We are sailing on the Allure in February with friends and we are all foodies. Love trying new restaurants & drinking great wine. What are your opinions for the must do restaurants on the Allure?

Allure added Sabor after I last boarded her, but I really enjoyed Sabor at lunch on Freedom so I intend on trying it for lunch on Oasis. The thing to watch there is there is a lot of outdoor seating at the Allure Sabor, could be hot.

Oh!! I was referring to formal nights - I should have just said that.

Royal does not release that info. However, if you post your itinerary, we can tell you what the formal nights have been recently.

Allure added Sabor after I last boarded her, but I really enjoyed Sabor at lunch on Freedom so I intend on trying it for lunch on Oasis. The thing to watch there is there is a lot of outdoor seating at the Allure Sabor, could be hot.

We ate at Sabor while on the Navigator and really enjoyed it. Especially the Sweet and Spice Margarita! Yes, the outdoor seating may not be a welcomed situation on a hot, steamy day

I tried Giovanni's on Freedom and didn't think it was anything special. To me, it was no better than Romano's Macaroni Grill. However, Macaroni Grill is one of my favorite land based chains- so I was not disappointed in the fare.

I know, they are feeding lots of folks and I have to be realistic about expectations.

We did all the restaurants on our Ta and some twice.

We loved 150(2x) and the Chefs table

150CP was so good the first time we had to try the other menu

The Chef of 150 is VJ the first night he came out and talked a little the 2nd night he was in the weeds.

He also did our Galley tour and his is a great guy

150CP We did not do the wine pairing as it was $75pp extra so $115pp

BUt the food was great along with the service

For the value and an incredible experience ( with 10-12 strangers but you traveling with friends)

We only had 10 total at our table and the 4 people from Norway sang me Happy Bday in their native language. In the beginning it was a little slow BUT All couples were laughing as the night went on. A great time

I would recommend The Chefs table experience $95 including everything and 3 hrs of fun. It was defiantly the best dining experience of all onboard our cruise. It also had one more course with the Chef and sommelier explain everything

Everyone meets in the Library than walks thru the Diamond lounge to a large table upstairs that over looks the Boardwalk and the wake of the ship

Here is the post with menu attached

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48261618&postcount=19

Edited by jonbgd

Giovannis was great as well as Sabor

Giovannis was as good as on other ships except the Osso Bucco was a little fattier than the other times. It was amplified by the fact we ate at 150 the next night and the osso Bucco was awesome.

The Beef Filet at Giovannis was better than what Chops had

Sabor was different on the Allure as we experienced on the Navigator.

The first time we expected the Nav experience and it didn't live up to it as the Nav is all included and feels very intimate like a really nice high end restaurant It also didn't have any avocadoes for the Guacamole:eek:

The second time we went with no expectations and it was perfect as an alacarte dining experience on the boardwalk

I enjoyed Giovanni's and 150 CP on my recent cruise. Those were my favorites.

We also did the Izumi Hibachi experience and it was good and a lot of fun, but we were in there when all three tables were in use and it got a little tiresome to hear the same jokes over and over from the chefs. I didn't get a chance to go there for sushi but I did have a small sashimi plate ordered and it was very good.

We did Samba and we really underestimated the amount of meat. It was all excellent, seriously. The salad bar is great and the service was good as well, but just the volume of meat was too much. I don't think I'd go back. [emoji51]

Also, Samba is HOT, it was sweltering in there when we went. We had to ask to be moved directly next to a door just to get some kind of breeze. The setup of the restaurant seemed really odd to me as well. We went there on a formal night and we were all dressed up, and had a lovely view of people getting in and out of two hot tubs. [emoji58]

I guess that's par for the course when the restaurant is at the pool but oh well.