What is your favorite Wine?

Lovincruisin1321

You question brings more questions and no answers. Sorry! Are you talking about one of the packages of bottles of wine delivered to your room? Or about the drink packages?

Also note that all of them change from cruise to cruise and ship to ship as vintages change as well as availability from suppliers and thus there are lots of substitutions made regularly.

Last - different strokes for different people. I like French Bordeaux or a Merlot. DW prefers a Chardonnay that is not oaked. Have always found several we were happy with but needed to wait till on board and try a few to decide.

Totally agree with az tchr's comments...........that being said, I have enjoyed most red wines I have tried on Celebrity, including ( but not limited to) Malbec, Carmenere, Shiraz, Rioja, Grenache, and Zinfandel ( no, not Beringer but Seghesio)......

The best thing I have found with Celebrity's wine list is the multiple selections of varietals.....so that, instead of 1 or 2 Chardonnays or Merlots, they have several...makes it fun to try new producers.

I tend to value hunt, so I try to stay between $30-70/ bottle.......although the Caymus Special Selection was very nice :)

Hope this helps........

I'm planning on purchasing the wine package.

Many of the wines I am not familiar with.

What wines have you had?

IMHO, best not to crave partcular wines since the stock of better mid-price wines always changes. Kendal Jackson chardonnay and Mouton Cadet red seem to be frequently available.

By the glass we really enjoyed the Micheal Redde Pouilly Fume, $13.50 a glass so 50 cents if you had the premium package. I know you may not be a white wine drinker or be looking for something of a higher standard but within the package that was our favourite white.

But not a snob I try to stay under $40 cruise ship prices, there is not particular brand that is a stand out even above $40. I have enjoyed some great wines on one cruise and have tried the same wine on other cruises and they were terrible, maybe heat stroked or just a bad case of hi way aged wine.

Try one, if you do not care for it send it back, at those prices it is acceptable.

^^^^ If a wine that you have had experience with ( had before) tastes "off", you can ALWAYS send it back.....this happens from time to time....the wine steward should be able to procure another bottle ( and taste it before you do to ensure is it not "off")....

By the glass we really enjoyed the Micheal Redde Pouilly Fume, $13.50 a glass so 50 cents if you had the premium package. I know you may not be a white wine drinker or be looking for something of a higher standard but within the package that was our favourite white.

Love that wine as well as Conundrum:D

We had never had a drinks package until our last cruise when a premium package came with the suite. We had always enjoyed decent red wines every evening in the 45-60 price range. We had been, however, fairly reluctant to experiment with wines we did not know.

When we had the drinks package we did not know how the wine would 'fit in', would we still buy bottles?

We loved the premium package for wine! Not only was there a good choice we were more willing to experiment. If we didn't like one we would just try another. Whereas buying bottles we would agree a mutually acceptable choice now we could decide separately, we could put together our own taster menu with different wines to match the courses. Good wine advice in Luminae and Tuscan and excellent advice in Murano's and Silk Harvest really added to our cruise enjoyment. Only on one occasion was a wine a couple of dollars in excess of the premium price suggested and that was really good...

The package was also great for coffees, the odd post dinner brandy and trying cocktails I may again have been reluctant to try.

I am unsure what your wine package is. If it is bottles of wine I would suggest you look at other options available too.

Chemmo, sounds like a great experience....

To the OP, in looking at the Classic and Premium wine (bottle) packages and the lists they show, reasonable bottles to try ( depending on taste) include:

Malbec ( from both lists) *

New Zealand Pinot Noir ( from both lists)

Garnacha/ Grenache ( from both lists) *

Syrah ( Chateau Ste. Michelle) / Shiraz ( Wolf Blass Gold Label) *

Cabernet Sauvignon ( Columbia Crest H3) *

Zinfandel ( St. Francis) *

* - I have tried these wines either on ship or at home ( probably from different vintage years, though)

Hope this helps...

Oh boy, what a great question!:) I like spicy and fruit forward wines, smooth medium body but low tannins. I can't take a lot of tannins. So blends work really well for me especially if drinking a cab sav. I lean towards Cali zins, Merlots and Pinot noir. I tell the som what I like for flavour and they usually find the right wine. :cool: