No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

I'm not sure how not supplying drink bottles means an increase in air pollution.

Are you seriously trying to claim that desalinating 500ml of water produces at least the same or more air pollution as the production of those bottles, the extraction and transportation of the water to fill those bottles, and then transportation of them through the manufacturing process to Celebrity supply, and then onboard the ship to the point you consume it?

Oh, and then transport those same empty bottles back to a city which will receive them, then go through the recycling manufacturing process - which has a significant energy cost! - to reconvert them to plastic bottles again?

In my original quote I was responding to someone who was claiming that the water bottles was an environmental issue which also uses petroleum. I think it's hypocritical to say you can't use petroleum based products and sail on a cruise ship that burns fuel in order to get from one place to another while also creating air pollution.

Sticking to the topic....the other environmental issues would be better suited to a diff thread as there are many such issues associated with cruising!

For ur upcoming cruise we paid our fare, the fare included daily water btl delivery among other amenities...The water is withdrawn.... Diminution of amenities!

We also have 2 more booked AQ under same amenities list...also no credit or other solution for getting the water..,maybe they could hand them out thru the AQ concierge, although we have never seen one.

We purchased 6 btls of Fiji water..perfect size and will have to drag them onboard...also bringing our biking btls in case the ones we get from the bars are too big to fit the fridge...

So AQ perks are shrinking every day...also heard no Q tips, cotton balls, etc We'll report back soon!

So AQ perks are shrinking every day...also heard no Q tips, cotton balls, etc We'll report back soon!

We were on the Reflection in October. There were no Q-tips and cotton balls in the cabin; however, our room steward gladly provided us with them when we asked and replenished them as needed.

Edited by lovemylab

We were on the Reflection in October. There were no Q-tips and cotton balls in the cabin; however, our room steward gladly provided us with them when we asked and replenished them as needed.

I'm surprised the Q-tips weren't gone long ago...they are horrible! Almost broke an eardrum with the darn things! I would be happy giving up the cotton balls and q-tips to bring back the daily water :D

I'm surprised the Q-tips weren't gone long ago...they are horrible! Almost broke an eardrum with the darn things! I would be happy giving up the cotton balls and q-tips to bring back the daily water :D

Broke an ear drum? :eek:

Operator error. :p

On our New England cruise on RCCL last August we put our luggage tags to a case of water, and off it went to our cabin...I don't plan to bring a case, but could I carry some on in my carry on at Port Everglades?

You know, that same argument could be used for shampoo, soap, bathrobes and towels.....and if you carry this to the extreme, bring your own linens, tableware and plates....no problem if celebrity stops giving those to you...just bring them on board yourself.

http://thewaterproject.org/bottled_water_wasteful

"In summary, the manufacture and transport of that one kilo bottle of Fiji [brand] water consumed...

26.88 kilo of water (7.1 gallons)

.849 kilo of fossil fuel (one litre or .26 gal) and

emitted 562 grams of greenhouse gases (1.2 pounds)."

I realize that the average age and net worth of people cruising and therefore on Cruise Critic is probably tilted towards the right/conservative side of the political landscape and therefore probably doesn't care (as evidenced by the above reactions) but the younger future Celebrity customers fortunately will be paying a lot more attention to these types of things.

On our New England cruise on RCCL last August we put our luggage tags to a case of water, and off it went to our cabin...I don't plan to bring a case, but could I carry some on in my carry on at Port Everglades?

Yes, as much as you want or check it in.

http://thewaterproject.org/bottled_water_wasteful

" Cruise Critic is probably tilted towards the right/conservative side of the political landscape and therefore probably doesn't care (as evidenced by the above reactions).

Not sure how you draw that conclusion based on this thread.

Edited by Jade13

We are trying to stick to the issue of bargained for amenties in AQ class being withdrawn.on this thread.... daily delivery of bottled watered is the example on this thread...

Our Fiji (with high content of magnesium ) is packed and ready to cruise...and the ship we sail on is getting EXCELLENT reviews! Will report back on whether or not we make any progress with water deli once on board!

Watching all the suffering on TV this holiday season, it seems really petty to complain about a 30 cent bottle of water. Let's put things in perspective. Merry Christmas

Couldn't agree more, and don't forget no more cotton balls and q-tips and water bottles that won't fit into the recoolerator. This is a catastrophe! :rolleyes: I am thankful for the abundance I do enjoy this Christmas. After reading this thread, and all the pettiness, I need another fortified egg nog! Merry Christmas to you rjrpar

Edited by El Crucero

We are trying to stick to the issue of bargained for amenties in AQ class being withdrawn.on this thread.... daily delivery of bottled watered is the example on this thread...

Our Fiji (with high content of magnesium ) is packed and ready to cruise...and the ship we sail on is getting EXCELLENT reviews! Will report back on whether or not we make any progress with water deli once on board!

HCAT:

You are on our cruise and I advise you carry that water on or end up in the naughty room when they make you come down to Deck 2 to open your bag.

Celebrity is sometimes crazy. I had to visit Deck 2 because my wife had packed some craft scissors that were about 4" long but had "deadly" tips in their opinion:confused:. We never did reclaim those $1 scissors.

we' ll carry it on and lug it about for awhie...also hoping to supplement with a bottle or two of water and some gatorade while in port but not sure about availabiity in all of them. Dehydration is an issue for me with my meds.

We had 2 bad expeiencs with liquids in luggage...not looking to repeat. First .time it was bright red cough med in a plastic softpack..fortunately our rain ponchos blocked the leakage . Second time we packed small gift packs of tequila bottles in checked luggage for trip home after Mex Riv cruise and some of it leaked......

Sometimes "security " is confused .They confiscated 2 btls of very expensive wine that our friends carried on, as allowed, for a special anniv... took awhile for them to get it back...should never have been taken away!

Looking forward to the sailaway get together....See you on board,..

Edited by hcat

HCat:

You might be interested in this article from the Nat. Inst. of Health that summarizes the mineral content of various bottled waters available from the US and Europe. Click on the small charts in the article to get them to a readable size.

Very interesting stuff how Magnesium that you said you have a particular interest in with regard to Fiji water is so variable and can go from almost 0 to over 100 milligrams/L bottle..............I saw elsewhere that the recommended daily intake should be around 400 milligrams for a 50 yr old adult but I am sure you are much younger and would need less.............right??

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1495189/

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

we' ll carry it on and lug it about for awhie...also hoping to supplement with a bottle or two of water and some gatorade while in port but not sure about availabiity in all of them. Dehydration is an issue for me with my meds......
No need to carry on bottled water and lug it about.

You can just pick up some luggage tags at the pier, write your cabin number on them, peel off the backing, slap them on around the case of water, check it in with the rest of the checked luggage and it will be delivered to your cabin.

As for magnesium, (if that is your reason for Fiji water), we find it much easier to bring along magnesium tablets or capsules and take them with regular water than to purchase special water for its magnesium content.

Life must be really hard if the lack of bottled water in Aqua Class cabins takes over 470 posts to not resolve anything. Turn on tap and drink the water from there for goodness sake. If you want it cold put in the fridge. Time some people grew up and got a life. Next time book concierge class and you wont have to worry about water.

You could always bring some dehydrated water on board with you. It wont weigh much or take up much space in your checked or carry on baggage