BEWARE! We were Elite+ (2 Threads Merged)

Oxo

Currently on Eclipse. We were Elite+, however, when we got our Cruise Card it showed we were Elite and not Elite+.

We went to Guest Relations to check why we were not Elite+. Went to Captain Circle host, too. Could not answer why. We even showed them our Elite+ Status on X Web site. Did a screenshot, too.

Called X Captain's Circle. After 30 minutes on the phone with X CC Rep at Corp. she said that back in Nov 2013 they computed our points wrong. So, they decreased our points by 90 to downgrade us to Elite. I asked how and why 2 years later they found out they made a .mistake. Dyeing that 2 year period we have taken 6 X cruises.

What a joke. Not my problem that X is or can't keep their records straight. But, 2 years later?

I suppose when points were first recalculated you ended up enjoying perks and status you had not accrued. Bad business working it out 2 years later, but if they reduced 90 points after you have since done 6 cruises, you must not have been close to Elite+ to begin with? Or they've been short cruises and/or earning minimal points due cabin grade. I'm just working on the fly knowing our next 14 night cruise in a Concierge Class cabin will earn us 70 points.

PS Either way don't let it dampen this cruise, take it up with CC Upon your return, hopefully it will be all sorted in your favour!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

They made a mistake on my points too a couple years ago, falsely crediting me in my cruise history with a cruise, and thus 35 points, that I hadn't taken. Those points, if I still had them, would make me Elite Plus today. However, several months ago, the cruise and points disappeared from my sailing history. I could hardly complain since they weren't really mine in the first place.

Did they give you 90 points in error in the first place or just arbitrarily take 90 points away from you?

With all the mess that X has going on, is it really a top priority to find one couple and downgrade their status?

We received promotional bonus points in the past, and that helped us get to elite plus. If they said now they made a mistake with those points, there would be no way we could go back and prove we really did deserve them.

What does a passenger cost X per cruise being elite or elite plus...a few more internet minutes and potentially some free fancy coffees (if they don't already have drink package)

With all the mess that X has going on, is it really a top priority to find one couple and downgrade their status?

random audits do occur at Royal Caribbean.

What does a passenger cost X per cruise being elite or elite plus...a few more internet minutes and potentially some free fancy coffees (if they don't already have drink package)

If it was a mistake on Celebrity's part, then shame on Celebrity, however if the passenger in question didn't actually earn that status then why should s/he be given status when there are many of us who are actually earning it?

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I always love how people get ticked off when something they hadn't earned is taken away from them.

Yet when they find out they were granted something they didn't earn, they are silent.

I agree.

And then complain publicly under premise of a warning to others. All companies do audits (as someone already said) and make corrections as required. The OP got audited and was re-classified as they should.

I guess I am as confused as you. If you had 600 points at conversion and have sailed 96 nights in a balcony that would be at least another 288 points for a total of 888. Even taking into account a reduction of 90 points for the error that would still leave you with 798 points, above the threshold for Elite +.

How many points to they say you have?

I guess I am as confused as you. If you had 600 points at conversion and have sailed 96 nights in a balcony that would be at least another 288 points for a total of 888. Even taking into account a reduction of 90 points for the error that would still leave you with 798 points, above the threshold for Elite +.

How many points to they say you have?

send the details to concerns@celebrity.com .... let "celebritycruises" figure out what happened and figure out what is appropriate (sounds like they should just make you elite+ on this cruise).

Unless they thought the point's from Crown n Anchor could be combined with Captain Club points.

were not aware of any 'points given' for sailing on RCCL.

This was my understanding as well. I'll be sailing for the first time with X in March. Because of our Diamond status with RC, I'll have Elite status with Celebrity, which is very nice, but we're still starting with zero points, correct?

This was my understanding as well. I'll be sailing for the first time with X in March. Because of our Diamond status with RC, I'll have Elite status with Celebrity, which is very nice, but we're still starting with zero points, correct?

That is correct.

Oxo,

Two years ago, we were on a Celebrity cruise (and we were Elite+) and I go to book a future cruise and give them my captain's club number. They check the computer and tell me, that they number doesn't exist, and that I am on my first sailing ever with Celebrity. They check my brother's Captain Club number, and tell him that he has a different number and he has only sailed with Royal Caribbean and Azamara. No help with the Captain's Club host onboard and straightened it out with the Captain's Club office in Miami after we returned. They also would not book any future cruises for us that cruise because it was not even showing I was a member of Captain's Club to take advantage of the one category upgrade from a c3 to a c2 cabin. They lost some business that trip!

I had to reconstruct every cruise that each of us had taken with Celebrity to that point(and we had different sailings) either by producing a xerox of my sail card, or a ship picture with me in it that was a photo from Celebrity with the ship and sail date, or the reservation numbers of each sailing.

We got most of the cruise credits back but not all, and I now keep the cards from the sailings as a souvenir. We've enjoyed every cruise, and in the end we got back to close to what we had before in points.

Celebrity's website has lots of hiccups, including how they record the sailings. Look at your cruise sailing history, print it, and see if all of the cruises you have taken with Celebrity show up, and the points add up to what you think it is supposed to be.

I think a letter to Captain's Club with your documents if needed for them to tell you how this happened or what their explanation is will get you a quick response and hopefully a good resolution.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

that is correct. You will have the Elite Status, but you will have zero points with Celebrity.

Some years ago I called Princess to check on my points towards Elite status. As she listed my cruises, I interrupted, saying I didn't recall ever taking one of the cruises I was being credited for. She laughed and said, "Don't worry. Once awarded, we never take cruise credit away" Good for Princess. Boo for Celebrity.

I print our cruise history with points after each cruise and pack it with my cruise documents. In the event of an issue once on ship, I have my copies to present to the powers that be. I believe I have an up to date copy but must check before next cruises in Feb. 2016. Hope the web site hasn't wiped away our records as we became Elite+ after Feb. 2015 cruise. I guess it really doesn't matter as we will be sailing RCCL from now on and using Port Canaveral and Port of Tampa.

I always love how people get ticked off when something they hadn't earned is taken away from them.

Yet when they find out they were granted something they didn't earn, they are silent.

And I've been trying to get my son credited with a cruise he actually did take with no luck for five years.

I have all my cruises on all ships. I track every cruise by date ship number of days and level after each cruise. That was my point, as every thing was correct until we got on this ship. When I talked to 2 people at Corp. I asked for them to provide me how they recomputed my points after 2 years to discover an error. They have not provided that. Yet the past 7 cruises over the past 2 years have always been correct after the conversion back in 2013.

For those who think I am trying to get something for nothing or got something for free, that is your opinion. Wait until you have an issue.

For those who thought I was snippy, that is your opinion.

Remember, you may have an issue you want to make others on this forum aware of.

Sorry if you don't agree with me. We all have our opinions and ......

On our first Celebrity cruise in 2009 we were given Elite status! The feeling at the time was that as new customers we had been given it as a perk. Sometime afterwards we found out due to a 'clerical error' we had been given the points of somebody else, and it was sorted out they said.

Two years later did an online check for my booking of another cruise we had booked, and was logged into the other persons account. All his personal details and cruise history were shown!

An internet search listed him as a Miami lawyer. If I search my name, all I get is an eminent UK surgeon (not me)!