Price increases

ALDOCRUISES

While checking a few things on my cruise peronaliser this morning I came across some unbelievable price shifts by Princess. We're doing two cruises early next year. The first in January. At about 8am this morning the coffee card had increased from $35 on our last cruise a few months ago to $37.60. But hang on ,it gets better. At midday the price went up again to $39.60. A bit steep? So I thought I should check the prices on our other cruise. It's in May on the Sun Princess and at about 8am the coffee card was priced at $42.50 and now it's climbed to $45. How can they justify A such a huge increase and B different prices per ship.?

That is so weird... I hope there are no significant changes in the pricing for the coffee card. It has always been one of the best deals at sea.

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough. It is the Coffee Card price increase I wrote about.

Supply and demand. Finding a price the market will bear. Remember, they are in the business to make a profit.

That is spot on. But why different prices per ship? Is the Sun Princess so special that a 12% price difference is warranted?

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough. It is the Coffee Card price increase I wrote about.

No. I got it. I knew that. I was simply acknowledging your post.

I did check my personalizer and it was at $35.65 which is a two dollar increase.

While checking a few things on my cruise peronaliser this morning I came across some unbelievable price shifts by Princess. We're doing two cruises early next year. The first in January. At about 8am this morning the coffee card had increased from $35 on our last cruise a few months ago to $37.60. But hang on ,it gets better. At midday the price went up again to $39.60. A bit steep? So I thought I should check the prices on our other cruise. It's in May on the Sun Princess and at about 8am the coffee card was priced at $42.50 and now it's climbed to $45. How can they justify A such a huge increase and B different prices per ship.?

Just looked at my personalizer for our T/A next September on the CB. Still at $35.65. The AIDP is $$$$$ but would include all the coffee I would want....:)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Are the cruises you are comparing in January and May, and ship to ship, the exact same cruise- days in length?

No they are 14days in January and 24 days in May but I can't see that make any difference, the cars are for 15 coffees.

Are both prices in AUS$?

The falling $ may have a bit to do with the jumps.

But I don't think it's gone up for a while.