Always Available Items with new Curtis Stone Dishes

IECalCruiser

I hope EF (aka cat chuck) does not take the place of the salmon.

Lol....the whole idea something that looks like cat spit on my plate is a no go dining situation:p. Funny thing I have eaten at many farm to table restaurants.... this whole new direction with Share and the Curtis Stone always available is just not appealing.

I love their prawns, too. :) I have a cruise scheduled on the Diamond in March, NZ and other points, so I hope the menu will be prawn-rich. :D I haven't heard too much about the Curtis Stone debut on the Oz-based ships, but I suppose it's a similar thing.

Apparently they have added three CS dishes on the Golden, pork belly, osso buso and not sure what the last one is but the prawns are still there. We board the Golden in 10 days:D so will copy the menu's, should be roughly the same menu as the Diamond (she is in Auckland today).

Apparently they have added three CS dishes on the Golden, pork belly, osso buso and not sure what the last one is but the prawns are still there. We board the Golden in 10 days:D so will copy the menu's, should be roughly the same menu as the Diamond (she is in Auckland today).

Excellent! Thank you!

Chicken and Leek Pot Pie

I will be interesting to see how often the rotate the CS "always" available items. If at all.

Not to bad when I had it

I'd have it again.

but the first few times it was bit inconsistent, though that did improve after a few days.

I'd have it again.

but the first few times it was bit inconsistent, though that did improve after a few days.

i would too wish i had tried the pork belly one night it looked great a few nights later it didnt so never tried it cause i wanted the first nights one don't matter next time i hope if lucky

i would too wish i had tried the pork belly one night it looked great a few nights later it didnt so never tried it cause i wanted the first nights one don't matter next time i hope if lucky

I thought the Pork Belly was better in Horizon Court to be frank.

I thought the Pork Belly was better in Horizon Court to be frank.

i didn't have dinner up there maybe i should have gone there for seconds when i was hungry later on in the night oh well next time :)

Just off the Emerald. I missed the salmon being offered nightly. One night it was offered and my waiter talked me out of it! Then when it was not on the menu another night I really regretted not getting it. Most nights they had the Caribbean shrimp cocktail (I think that is what it is called) and not the regular shrimp cocktail with the red ketchup sauce.

I am not a fan of Curtis Stone. After seeing him on Celebrity Apprentice, I don't care for him. He came off as full of himself and kinda jerky. I think he really plays up that accent. And a little trivia - his wife was on Beverly Hills, 90210.

Strictly from a personality point of view... I have met Curtis stone through his association with Coles supermarkets in Aus and he is a really genuine and friendly guy. I didn't see celebrity apprentice so I can only comment on what I've seen personally but he is really really lovely

Strictly from a personality point of view... I have met Curtis stone through his association with Coles supermarkets in Aus and he is a really genuine and friendly guy. I didn't see celebrity apprentice so I can only comment on what I've seen personally but he is really really lovely

met him at the footy for a cat supporter he is a lovely guy was happy to have a photo with a hawk after we beat them though his friend i think had a few and may have been a tad drunk [guessing] the photo was blurred would have been a ripper shot too if focused at least the friend tried maybe next time i will get a better shot :)

I'm sure he's a very nice person, but since he won't be on the ship personally foaming my endive (:p) it makes no difference whatsoever to me. I just want my favorite Always menu items back. :mad:

Wow that name brings back some memories.

GJ Coles. Worked there when I was in my teens. :eek:

Pork belly and endive foam. Gag. Reminds me of my childhood. When my mom cooked ham hocks and sauerkraut, I just knew I'd be going to bed without dinner.

I never liked ordering special meals 'just because' (but would have felt differently if it was a health or lifestyle thing). I couldn't help but imagine how difficult it would be for the galley and waitstaff if everyone did that. But now...I eat salmon at least every third day on a cruise. I will sorely miss it.

Pork belly and endive foam. Gag. Reminds me of my childhood. When my mom cooked ham hocks and sauerkraut, I just knew I'd be going to bed without dinner.

I never liked ordering special meals 'just because' (but would have felt differently if it was a health or lifestyle thing). I couldn't help but imagine how difficult it would be for the galley and waitstaff if everyone did that. But now...I eat salmon at least every third day on a cruise. I will sorely miss it.

But you eat farmed salmon on the ships....and that stuff is not good for you.....doesn't even taste like the real thing.....

Unless Princess has changed in the past few months, eggplant parm is served on Italian night. It can be ordered as an appetizer or as an entree, just ask. And on French night you can get escargot and onion soup. We usually order escargot on another night as well. The only time we did not get it at all is has been previously mentioned, when there was a world wide shortage. Onion soup is also on French night. Always available in Crowne Grill and better there. If you have never made onion soup, it is time consuming to make.

Unless Princess has changed in the past few months, eggplant parm is served on Italian night. It can be ordered as an appetizer or as an entree, just ask. And on French night you can get escargot and onion soup. We usually order escargot on another night as well. The only time we did not get it at all is has been previously mentioned, when there was a world wide shortage. Onion soup is also on French night. Always available in Crowne Grill and better there. If you have never made onion soup, it is time consuming to make.

Been report very recently that they no longer offer the long time favorite French Onion soup in the MDR, now it's only the Black & Blue version available only in the Crown Grill

IMO it's becoming death by a thousand drops with replacements and deletions in the MDR and onboard in general, leading to the slow down hill slide to mediocrity and one size fits all generic cruising