Always Available Items with new Curtis Stone Dishes

IECalCruiser

Well I hope Princess gets lots of complaints about NO SALMON!. I will really miss it. I will be putting that on my after cruise survey for sure. They have already taken it off most of the Embarkation day lunch menus, unless you got lucky and your ship did not have the newer abbreviated menu :(

Am I the only one not excited about Curtis Stone, what is it about him?

That is usually the one and only dish that I could count on in case the menu was not to my liking. We just disembarked from the Grand several days ago and we had salmon on the embarkation lunch menu and then, it was on the always available menu. So, we were lucky, I suppose. The salmon was actually quite good on the Grand .. had it the month before on the Star and it was awful ... all gray in color and not pink. Just not appetizing....so maybe that is playing into it. It is inconsistent. But, I cannot say I will continue to sail on Princess if they remove one of the only items I will eat for dinner.

If this is Curtis Stone, I am with you and give my thumbs down!

PS -- we are booked with a group to go up to Alaska this summer -- I just hope they have salmon....it is Alaska after all. Actually, I hope someone on these boards keeps us updated as we may need to rebook on another line if everyone in our group feels the same. So, will go on our pre-cruise survey and not on the post-cruise survey. Princess used to have the best food ... even better than Celebrity in my book. Now, what a shift in the tides ...

So why is it not good for you, and who says it is not good for you?:)

Then lets reconsider the whole Endive Foam thing. Maybe that's good for you as well. Just think, a whole Endive Foam culinary movement could come about because of Princess and Curtis Stone!!!

Oh, wait. Never mind..........:D

Then lets reconsider the whole Endive Foam thing. Maybe that's good for you as well. Just think, a whole Endive Foam culinary movement could come about because of Princess and Curtis Stone!!!

Oh, wait. Never mind..........:D

LOL. :D As for onion soup--we had it a couple of times recently on different ships. I don't think it's gone for good. The parm basket, OTOH, I haven't seen that in months.

BTW, here's the lobster with EF dish Stone is bringing to Princess:

CMq6AL9UsAAAoK6.jpg

Guess he should have locked his cat out of the kitchen. ;)

Edited by shredie

LOL. :D As for onion soup--we had it a couple of times recently on different ships. I don't think it's gone for good. The parm basket, OTOH, I haven't seen that in months.

CMq6AL9UsAAAoK6.jpg

That looks disgusting!!!

CMq6AL9UsAAAoK6.jpg

GAK!! :eek: Cat Chuck!! :eek:

CMq6AL9UsAAAoK6.jpg

That just doesn't look appetizing. I wouldn't want to eat that dish [emoji33]

Is the fettuccini Alfredo in the Parmesan cheese basket still always available?

Earlier this month, it was served in a regular bowl ... and not the parmesan cheese bowl.

Just make sure when you order it that you specify you'd like it in the parmesan bowl. Always works for me. :)

Just back from the 10 day Royal Christmas cruise.

I tried the Curtis Stone Mahi Mahi 2x when I did not see anything to my liking on the main menu. The dish was not very appealing visually - beige fish, beige cauliflower with brownish plantain chips. No other garnishes on the plate.

Mahi Mahi itself was not dried out but very plain, just salt and pepper. Cauliflower pieces were rubbed with curry powder and tasted OK. Plantain chips were soggy and greasy. The menu listed pomegranade mustard as an ingredient but I did not see it on the plate (expecting something in the pinkish/red family). The waiter explanation was that the mustard was 'under the fish'....hmmm.

The dish did not improve the 2nd time around so I would not order it again.

It made me think of a dish you would be served at a diner that was trying to elevate its menu.

Just back from the 10 day Royal Christmas cruise.

I tried the Curtis Stone Mahi Mahi 2x when I did not see anything to my liking on the main menu. The dish was not very appealing visually - beige fish, beige cauliflower with brownish plantain chips. No other garnishes on the plate.

Mahi Mahi itself was not dried out but very plain, just salt and pepper. Cauliflower pieces were rubbed with curry powder and tasted OK. Plantain chips were soggy and greasy. The menu listed pomegranade mustard as an ingredient but I did not see it on the plate (expecting something in the pinkish/red family). The waiter explanation was that the mustard was 'under the fish'....hmmm.

The dish did not improve the 2nd time around so I would not order it again.

It made me think of a dish you would be served at a diner that was trying to elevate its menu.

Tastes are individual but, other than the soggy, greasy plantain chips, the mahi mahi sounds good. (I LOVE curry!)

I thought someone somewhere said the fish option was turbot, though? :confused:

I don't eat meat or chicken so am looking forward to my new choices on this year's cruise on the Royal.

Edited by chamima

just back from the 10 day royal christmas cruise.

I tried the curtis stone mahi mahi 2x when i did not see anything to my liking on the main menu. The dish was not very appealing visually - beige fish, beige cauliflower with brownish plantain chips. No other garnishes on the plate.

Mahi mahi itself was not dried out but very plain, just salt and pepper. Cauliflower pieces were rubbed with curry powder and tasted ok. Plantain chips were soggy and greasy. The menu listed pomegranade mustard as an ingredient but i did not see it on the plate (expecting something in the pinkish/red family). The waiter explanation was that the mustard was 'under the fish'....hmmm.

The dish did not improve the 2nd time around so i would not order it again.

after all of our comments re curtis stone dishes, you would think that princess would comment in some way or another. Better yet, all executives in princess ivory tour should taste the new food servings prior to placing it on the mdr menu. If so, we would have salmon every night.

It seems to me that many cruises lines lately are making various changes on their ships in many different ways, which appear to make many cruisers especially regulars, cautious and unhappy. I am at a loss that Princess would replace favourite dishes with new untried ones all at the same time, and perhaps they are intentionally testing the market at our expense however, if it turns out that the concept proves to be unpopular by majority then they may need to re think again.

I am always prepared to try new cuisine but if i do like it when it arrives in front of me, I will then send it back to the galley pronto for something else. If I was a chef, that would be a slap in the face for me.:(

If you DO like it you send it back? May I assume you meant don't? Otherwise I'm not getting it.

after all of our comments re curtis stone dishes, you would think that princess would comment in some way or another. Better yet, all executives in princess ivory tour should taste the new food servings prior to placing it on the mdr menu. If so, we would have salmon every night.

Agreed!!!!!

Or something my Aunt Rosie invented with what was left in her fridge that night. :p (I have ghastly memories...) I don't do FB, so I don't know what's going on over there. Are they complaining, too? Rumor says Princess will sometimes comment on what's said on FB.

Call me a redneck but, when it comes to my food, this is what I believe:

1. Having the title of CHEF doesn't prove you are a good cook.

2. The real "art" of preparing food is how it tastes, not how it looks on the plate.

3. The soap suds should go on the plate after the food is eaten, not before.

4. Taking time to artistically decorate the plate and food might make the chef feel he is an artist but it just gives me a colder meal and longer waits between courses.

5. I want to leave the table in a reasonable amount of time and with a full stomach.

6. Princess should hire a great cook like Paula Dean and forget the pompous chefs.

7. The name of a dish on the menu should clearly identify what it is. A fancy name doesn't make it taste better.

Call me a redneck but, when it comes to my food, this is what I believe:

1. Having the title of CHEF doesn't prove you are a good cook.

2. The real "art" of preparing food is how it tastes, not how it looks on the plate.

3. The soap suds should go on the plate after the food is eaten, not before.

4. Taking time to artistically decorate the plate and food might make the chef feel he is an artist but it just gives me a colder meal and longer waits between courses.

5. I want to leave the table in a reasonable amount of time and with a full stomach.

6. Princess should hire a great cook like Paula Dean and forget the pompous chefs.

7. The name of a dish on the menu should clearly identify what it is. A fancy name doesn't make it taste better.

Would it be safe to say, you wouldn't want endive foam on your biscuits?

Princess should get with the times & present a tablet to each passenger with a picture & description of each item. It would at least eliminate a lot of disappointed people receiving a meal like that.

A lot of money