Just became Diamond Plus and will not honor the higher discount!

KKMurphy2

The policy shouldn't need leeway or discretion. It's a bad policy. It should be changed. Not just for D+, but to cover anyone that changes tiers, already has reservations held, and retroactively apply any greater discount the new tier level qualifies for. If you think that is contentious or wrong, I am sorry, that's your problem. This website absolutely is for cruise enthusiasts to help each other maximize value. If you receive something from a cruise line and don't want to share the specifics, then don't. Someone shouldn't need to call back until they get their way; the policy should be better for the customer.

The amount of posts where people go out of their way NOT to help others while defending a corporation is incredible. I don't understand it

Thank you! This is what I was trying to state earlier, but you have done an eloquent job. And your last paragraph says it all, Cruise Critic is here to help others, but of late your statement seems to be more of the norm, which is why I lurk more than post.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

I think the issue here is the OP is not fully aware how their booking rules and IT booking system works.

Celebrity has a better online booking such that you can do more self service of changing your booking online (no need to call) for me to see how it behaves.

Every time I did changes to my booking, like when there is a new promo, the system always reprice it to the current market value. It works both ways as if there is a price drop, I just merely make any changes to my booking (like change category etc) and restore it back to the original state for it to reprice to the current lower price due to the drop without even calling.

In the case of the OP, I know how their system works... if you update the OBC to get the extra $25, the OP loses as the lower price he initially booked and the current higher price takes it place....as well as any promo OBC he got earlier will be forfeited.

So they only way he could update is if the price stayed the same or there is a price drop.

That is why me being aware of the rule, doesn't bother to call anymore even if my total discount difference totaled $300 as I have booked 3 balcony cabins when I was still Emerald because the cruise prices have increased more than $100 in all of the 3 bookings,thereby the incremental balcony discount won't cover for the repriced difference.

Edited by roquejo

Now first of all we need to stop to repeat the false Statement that RCI won´t give the OP the higher C&A Discount.

RCI will happily Change the C&A Discount! It just doesn´t make sense for the OP, as the cruise fare would be repriced and the Price seems to have gone up since booking.

If the cruise Price had gone down the OP could have easily gotten the higher Discount and a lower fare.

So not getting the higher Discount applied is entirely up to the OP, even though of Course the decision makes sense

Yep, pretty much you nailed it

I agree there pricing policy is confusing and seems to constantly fluctuate. However... IT's only 25.00 and I am directing it at the op since there post is whining about 25.00

Wow people!

I am glad that you all love to judge me for a simple post on a discussion board. I am not whining; I was surprised at this policy. I am so sorry that I am not as educated as you all are about every detailed pricing policy. I became Diamond in 2010 before this policy change on loyalty discounts. If you have cruised awhile

Again, happy cruising to all! Perhaps we will run into each other on my 3 future cruises that I have booked. LOL

Edited by KKMurphy2

Wow people!

I am glad that you all love to judge me for a simple post on a discussion board. I am not whining; I was surprised at this policy. I am so sorry that I am not as educated as you all are about every detailed pricing policy. I became Diamond in 2010 before this policy change on loyalty discounts. If you have cruised awhile

Again, happy cruising to all! Perhaps we will run into each other on my 3 future cruises that I have booked. LOL

If you didn't checkin over the past few days you missed the "best", that were deleted by the moderators. :eek: The irony is none of them were about your orginal post.

I think we bumped up levels before the change in policy. RC policy is policy, but they make it "so much fun" to try to use benefits that they award. The reason why we sold our RC stock was simply because we could never use the share holder benefit. We did make a profit on it, so it was a win-win.

I love your attitude. I'd buy you a beer on the ship.

Thank you for all of your input. I will continue to cruise as I have said. For those of you who do not understand why $25 would "jade" my opinion, let me put it this way. As I previously stated, it is called fair pricing and it is the principle of the issue. Look at the stock prices for RCCL and we can all see the cutbacks on their part are definitely increasing the bottom line. Good for them as a company! But when do the cutbacks affect service and food to the point of lowering quality? And what about perks for their loyal customers? That is the line drawn that we as individual customers must decide when to cross. I have cruised multiple lines and feel that RCCL, which used to be the premium line is now in line with Carnival. You can call my opinion anything you want. Will it make me stop cruising? No. I also knew their repricing policy in regards to OBC, but was unaware this also was for the Diamond Plus discount. This is my ignorance, because I never had this situation come up before. :) But I am on Cruise Critic to learn and collaborate.

I grew up very poor, but I won't bore you with those details. I was taught the value of a penny. We milked Holsteins, so never could take a vacation. I was the first person on either side of the family to attend college and I became a nurse. I married a factory worker and we lived within our means. But you cannot remove this way of life from my inner being. We have zero debt, gave our children a college education, and now we cruise 2-4 times per year. We also are very generous towards others. But when I feel that I am owed $25, I politely ask for it. This is not being jaded. This is called being sensible.

Happy Cruising to All!

Complaining because they have a policy that they are following is not being sensible. It's being unrealistic to think they should make an accommodation just for you.

And I don't get what posting about your financial situation proves. Most people don't want to give money away, but it is not reasonable to expect a company to bend the rules just for you.

You're really going to let missing an extra $25 off your balcony jade your opinion of a cruise line? :confused:

The other way to ask the question is.... Is RCI really going to let someone who is spending a few thousand dollars with them feel a bit jaded over $25.00?

The other way to ask the question is.... Is RCI really going to let someone who is spending a few thousand dollars with them feel a bit jaded over $25.00?

My thoughts exactly on the referral OBC. My 'friends' on CC told me to suck it up, so I did. ;)

I agree but we already knew the answer to that question. Apparently they are.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's the principal of the thing;)

It is the principle of the thing. I had a TA promise to honor the full amount of my coupon way back when they were combinable.

Then they credited 80% of the coupon.

You can darn well bet that I bothered them every day until I received my $30 check! I did eventually receive it.

I am pretty determined when it comes to dollar amounts. I don't usually just write them off as something we can lose. :) Those little losses add up!