how do you determine your muster station?

TnTWalter

Add another topic to the growing list of things that I'm amazed people worry about on a vacation.

Anything anyone tells you of what happened last week or even this week could change next week on an issue which the ship could to whatever it wants, including cancelling all shows.

Mind boggling, truly.:eek:

Ther is somthing just a bit odd about be TOLD which show you are allowed to attend. So much for guest preference and convenience.:rolleyes:

Well, I guess you could back to the system of standing in line to get tickets, but if your preferred time is "sold out", you take what's left. Same thing with online. So I guess some folks have always been told what to do. Same with dining for the most part. Not everyone gets what they want. ;)

Well, I guess you could back to the system of standing in line to get tickets, but if your preferred time is "sold out", you take what's left. Same thing with online. So I guess some folks have always been told what to do. Same with dining for the most part. Not everyone gets what they want. ;)

Last March on Indy they had tickets in the Diamond lounge. The line I stood in took all of 20 seconds to get through.

Do you really equate someone waiting too long and having his/her preferred time unavailable the same as no options being made available at all? And yes, I realize there is always the option to just not go. ;)

Edited by Ocean Boy

Last March on Indy they had tickets in the Diamond lounge. The line I stood in took all of 20 seconds to get through.

Do you really equate someone waiting too long and having his/her preferred time unavailable the same as no options being made available at all? And yes, I realize there is always the option to just not go. ;)

It's nice that you have access to the DL, most don't. Some people book late, stand by is always an option. For what it's worth, I thought it was a bad idea on Freedom and it went away.

Hey, but they tried to come up with something. Kinda like the suggested arrival times.

It's nice that you have access to the DL, most don't. Some people book late, stand by is always an option. For what it's worth, I thought it was a bad idea on Freedom and it went away.

Hey, but they tried to come up with something. Kinda like the suggested arrival times.

That seems to be ranked right up there with suggested Dress code on the list of things with RCI that are commonly ignored!:D

I thought it was the repo from NJ to PC

Ooops, yes, sorry. :o

Ther is somthing just a bit odd about be TOLD which show you are allowed to attend. So much for guest preference and convenience.:rolleyes:

You know, it is actually not that bad, IMO. We just went to the show assigned to us and didn't really think much about it. Hmm. But you do have a good point. :)

You can attend any performance of the ice show.

But at only one, will you get "right in". At others, you will have to wait behind those who ARE assigned to that time.

But I have (almost) never seen a completely full Studio B. (it was over-full on the Navigator last month; I had never before seen them allowing dozens of people to sit on the stairs :eek:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Not quite accurate.

That was MY cruise, MY ship and MY lifeboat. :D

We were NOT re-assigned to a different muster station.

Captain Rick just announced a general reassurance that there was plenty of room in the remaining lifeboats for the displaced guests, if the need arose.

Needless to say, it did not. ;)

That's right. They would not change the muster station if a boat is out of commission. Remember, the muster is about accountability, not about getting on a boat. So, they would want to get the passengers accounted for in the proper location that has enough space to handle them. Then, if it is not found that evacuation is needed, everyone can go back to the party. If the Captain then decides that the passengers need to get in the boats, those at the station without a boat will be directed to the other boats to fill them before they leave.

You can attend any performance of the ice show.

But at only one, will you get "right in". At others, you will have to wait behind those who ARE assigned to that time.

But I have (almost) never seen a completely full Studio B. (it was over-full on the Navigator last month; I had never before seen them allowing dozens of people to sit on the stairs :eek:)

Yes I know. And you get the pick of the best seats... like the ones with a pole in your face. Studio B has many seats that don't have the best lines of sight.

Yes I know. And you get the pick of the best seats... like the ones with a pole in your face. Studio B has many seats that don't have the best lines of sight.

We like to sit up at the tables near stage right - near the entrance doors - good seats - no poles :)

Merry Christmas to each of you- may your day be filled with family - friends - fun and all your heart's desires!

Add another topic to the growing list of things that I'm amazed people worry about on a vacation.

Anything anyone tells you of what happened last week or even this week could change next week on an issue which the ship could to whatever it wants, including cancelling all shows.

Mind boggling, truly.:eek:

I agree. :rolleyes:

I hope the people we are sailing with in 2017 don't need to be at every show with us every time :eek: It is something that can be enjoyed just by yourself.

We had the muster stations allocation system on Voyager 3 years ago, and last November it was announced that you had to come down to Studio B to get your tickets in a very small window, something like 1 1/2 hours or so.

Some people we talked to at lunch a couple of days later that were first time cruisers had no idea about it, so we gave them our tickets. Love the ice shows, but we had seen it three years ago, and as we were back to back we had been once to see it on the previous cruise, and it was pretty similar, just with a different special guest performance. We thought it would be nice to go on our B2B on the second leg as well, but when we realised these first timers had not read the paragraph in the compass, or had not know what it meant, we were glad to be able to let them go.

I can remember our second cruise where we could not believe how many things we never realised the first time.

I have sailed on the Allure and Oasis ships, CL suite.

Twice we had muster in aquatheatre, and once in MDR.

Liked the MDR the best.

But sitting at a table with all the table ware on and just thinking when we go to eat someone could have played with our silver ware or plates....scary.

Safe travels

I have sailed on the Allure and Oasis ships, CL suite.

Twice we had muster in aquatheatre, and once in MDR.

Liked the MDR the best.

But sitting at a table with all the table ware on and just thinking when we go to eat someone could have played with our silver ware or plates....scary.

Safe travels

If the tables were pre-set, they should have been inverted and the silver wrapped in the napkin. Also, if the place is set more than 4 hours prior to service, it must be removed before service.

If the tables were pre-set, they should have been inverted and the silver wrapped in the napkin. Also, if the place is set more than 4 hours prior to service, it must be removed before service.

Oasis/Allure sail at 4:30 PM. Muster ends shortly after 4 PM. That is well within the 4 hr limit before first seating in the MDR. However, it is interesting that you mention this. It has always seemed to me that after late seating, when I have walk by the outside windows, they have been setting up the dining room for breakfast. I will need to take bette notice of this on our upcoming cruise.

Edited by Ocean Boy

The past few cruises we have had muster in specialty restaurants and the tables were not set up as they were years ago. Perhaps they thought it through and got the memo. ;):p