Live from the Queen Victoria world cruise (with a QM2 prelude)

rafinmd

Pacific Pearl just got out in time for you...:D

T-jX8B.gif

THANKS, great graphics of the two ships at berth. we passed the Pacific pearl around devonport and both ships saluted each other much to the delight of all on board.

Its a beautiful night here., there is jazz wafting up from the crew deck as the ones left on board party and the town is full of the others that managed to get off.

Big changeover tomorrow, 300 on and off....

Goodbye to all those who sailed with us , good luck on your homeward journeys.

regards from the Queen V in the city of sails...

We are considering QV for next year. How does she compare to QM2 in her ability to handle the seas? Have you travelled on QE? Does she handle well? We would be on QE and QV for our trip.

We were on the QV last year for a 48 day segment of the world cruise. Prior to that I had only been on the QM2 and I was a little concerned about the difference.

My concerns were completely unfounded, the QV handled the weather very well. We were in New Zealand while Cyclone Pam was going through the area. We missed a stop while there because of the weather and we experienced heavy seas between the north and south island but the ship handled it like a dream. We were very impressed.

No worries, enjoy yourself!

We were on the QV last year for a 48 day segment of the world cruise. Prior to that I had only been on the QM2 and I was a little concerned about the difference.

My concerns were completely unfounded, the QV handled the weather very well. We were in New Zealand while Cyclone Pam was going through the area. We missed a stop while there because of the weather and we experienced heavy seas between the north and south island but the ship handled it like a dream. We were very impressed.

No worries, enjoy yourself!

Thanks so much. We are a breath away from firming up. This is encouraging.

Thanks so much. We are a breath away from firming up. This is encouraging.

If I can add, the QV is the best ship in the fleet. I much prefer her over the other two, she handles the seas very well especially considering her pedigree which is slightly more cruiseship, she has a great compliment of officers and the crew are a very happy and friendly bunch. You will have a great time especially if you come on with a happy attitude yourself.

The QM2 is an amazing ship, shes just a little too large for my taste and I would choose the QV over any of the other two any day.

Magnificent weather in Auckland, tonight two large cocktail parties, the welcome on board for those who got on in Auckland and also the Senior Officers party, I suspect more Pina Coladas will be consumer.

we are just cruising passed East cape now as we speak, Akaroa here we come.

If I can add, the QV is the best ship in the fleet. I much prefer her over the other two, she handles the seas very well especially considering her pedigree which is slightly more cruiseship, she has a great compliment of officers and the crew are a very happy and friendly bunch. You will have a great time especially if you come on with a happy attitude yourself.

The QM2 is an amazing ship, shes just a little too large for my taste and I would choose the QV over any of the other two any day.

Magnificent weather in Auckland, tonight two large cocktail parties, the welcome on board for those who got on in Auckland and also the Senior Officers party, I suspect more Pina Coladas will be consumer.

we are just cruising passed East cape now as we speak, Akaroa here we come.

Thanks for this. Really enjoying blog. I read the whole thing yesterday. We could be where you are next year. Thinking of QE for three weeks San Francisco to Sydney. Thirteen nights in Australia. Finish with QV for 25 to see New Zealand on the way back to San Francisco.

Thanks for this. Really enjoying blog. I read the whole thing yesterday. We could be where you are next year. Thinking of QE for three weeks San Francisco to Sydney. Thirteen nights in Australia. Finish with QV for 25 to see New Zealand on the way back to San Francisco.

That actually sounds like a great option - need to look at it. Been wanting to do a cruise that I could combine with Australia land tour and sail home.

A busy day for Akaroa today.

I see the Diamond Princess is just behind you as you enter the harbour.

Beautiful day here in Akaroa, there are 6 tenders furiously ferrying passengers to the town, we are, as you observed accompanied but eh Diamon Princess. The town will be heaving today, especially considering it is a chocolate box size village that you cold probably fit on a postage stamp.

ITs pretty and we are showing NZ off at its best.

Had a fantastic night in the Verandah last night, the food there is fantastic, we had a small fire as my steak was lit and i was reaching for the fire extinguisher just as the champagne arrived so that had to suffice....

Will Martin was on stage for his one and only show. He got an ovation at the end and was very well received.

The cruise through the Amazon next year has all but sold out and the booking office is frantically begging for more space so if anyone s even thinking of it they had better put a deposit down. It will be a popular sector.

Ok back to the dolphin watching...

regards Roscoe

Hi just wondering what adaptor to pack for the QV? Also with respect to the hair dryer a robust one or those little puff puff ones? Would you recommend me bringing my own small travel hairdryer? Any insights would help...cheers V