Pics of Oasis Diamond and Diamond+ Lounges

asctony

I agree, the DL on Oasis & Allure is the grandest of all. I have been on Quantum and they have a very nice DL. The CL is lovely with a wonderful view but you must walk 37 doors/183 steps down a corridor of cabins from the elevator to get there. That's just way too inconvenient.

Of course, the Suite Lounge on Oasis & Allure is the best I have experienced.

I wasn't expecting anything specific for these lounges before I saw this thread. Honestly I haven't given it much thought before today. I guess the pictures must not do the lounge justice. Looks like a nice hotel waiting area to me. (Besides the beautiful outside view) :confused: I must have assumed something a little more "WOW" for those "special" cruisers who have demonstrated some commitment to RCI.

It's strange, but a lot of the other bar areas and common areas within the ships seem nicer to me.

Dan

When we made Diamond plus years ago there were some nice perks over being just Diamond, IMO. For our next 5 cruises booked, we are avoiding Oasis class.

I'm not sure we will return.

I don't believe you get more perks on any other class ship. In fact the perks from Diamond to Diamond+ are just about nothing and are the same since the Oasis class combined this lounge. Are you talking about the Diamond/Diamond+ lounge on the Oasis class?

I wasn't expecting anything specific for these lounges before I saw this thread. Honestly I haven't given it much thought before today. I guess the pictures must not do the lounge justice. Looks like a nice hotel waiting area to me. (Besides the beautiful outside view) :confused: I must have assumed something a little more "WOW" for those "special" cruisers who have demonstrated some commitment to RCI.

It's strange, but a lot of the other bar areas and common areas within the ships seem nicer to me.

Dan

This is the lower part of the DL on Oasis. Sorry I didn't get one looking out to the Boardwalk.

66633fd84ddd0fc6157d64ebf2c2d3fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dan

And you have the ability to use your free vouchers there now. ;)

This is the lower part of the DL on Oasis. Sorry I didn't get one looking out to the Boardwalk.

66633fd84ddd0fc6157d64ebf2c2d3fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to get the pics for all of us! I personally do appreciate it. Happy Cruising!!!

No, they can't be used in any of the restaurants.

On my Feb. Quantum cruise, I ate in Jamie's and told my waiter that I a free specialty coffee loaded to my sea pass. Got credited for the beer--maybe it's because they went to get the beer from the bar, next door.

Very small compared to the lounge used on Celebrity Summit and Constellation. We did not have an appetizer line, but the wait staff came out and were constantly handing us snacks. The drink list on Celebrity seems much more extensive. We never had an issue with the Elite events on Celebrity with crowding that I have heard on the RCI forums....it wll be interesting to see how our cruise on Grandeur will be in March.

Very small compared to the lounge used on Celebrity Summit and Constellation. We did not have an appetizer line, but the wait staff came out and were constantly handing us snacks. The drink list on Celebrity seems much more extensive. We never had an issue with the Elite events on Celebrity with crowding that I have heard on the RCI forums....it wll be interesting to see how our cruise on Grandeur will be in March.

We have also found Celebrity much stricter on access. The "concierge" will be at the door checking and will actually turn away people dressed inappropriately.

No, they can't be used in any of the restaurants.

We stop on our way to dinner and pick up our D+ coupon drink on the way. We just figure it is easier to do it that way than having confusion at the restaurants.

I don't believe you get more perks on any other class ship. In fact the perks from Diamond to Diamond+ are just about nothing and are the same since the Oasis class combined this lounge. Are you talking about the Diamond/Diamond+ lounge on the Oasis class?

I am referring to the newly formed Oasis class Diamond Club. I really liked going from Diamond to Diamond+ though. We got a free bottle of wine and extra balcony discount. We got to leave the crowded Diamond lounges and move to the less crowded Concierge lounge. On Oasis class now we are back in the "diamond lounge."

I am referring to the newly formed Oasis class Diamond Club. I really liked going from Diamond to Diamond+ though. We got a free bottle of wine and extra balcony discount. We got to leave the crowded Diamond lounges and move to the less crowded Concierge lounge. On Oasis class now we are back in the "diamond lounge."

The DC is the CL(renamed) and you know this so you are right where you want to be, SAme furniture, coffee machine, drinks and 2 stories.

We do Celebrity S-Class and last month we were on the Eclipse 13 days. Celebrity used the 3 coupon (paper, not on your cruise card) per night and thus you only got 3 drinks per night from 5-7PM. Whereas, RCI has theirs from 5-8:30PM plus the 3 drinks every night that is loaded on your cruise card.

On Celebrity on embarkation night and Sr. Officer night you did NOT get coupons. The 3 coupons for the other nights were dated and thus you could only use them on that dated night.

The Celebrity appetizers passed around were very minimal compare to RCIs buffet style line. Drinks on RCI were much better, too. Celebrity Sky Lounge was very busy each night and service was very slow.

Please do not say that 3 drinks are enough each evening. I am just comparing the actual perk between the two cruise lines. RCI beats any other cruise line for this specific perk. Princess has an in-cabin set up of drinks and a happy hour where you can get a specific drink of the evening for $5 each. NO comparison.

We do Celebrity S-Class and last month we were on the Eclipse 13 days. Celebrity used the 3 coupon (paper, not on your cruise card) per night and thus you only got 3 drinks per night from 5-7PM. Whereas, RCI has theirs from 5-8:30PM plus the 3 drinks every night that is loaded on your cruise card.

On Celebrity on embarkation night and Sr. Officer night you did NOT get coupons. The 3 coupons for the other nights were dated and thus you could only use them on that dated night.

The Celebrity appetizers passed around were very minimal compare to RCIs buffet style line. Drinks on RCI were much better, too. Celebrity Sky Lounge was very busy each night and service was very slow.

Please do not say that 3 drinks are enough each evening. I am just comparing the actual perk between the two cruise lines. RCI beats any other cruise line for this specific perk. Princess has an in-cabin set up of drinks and a happy hour where you can get a specific drink of the evening for $5 each. NO comparison.

3 drinks are enough

The DC is the CL(renamed) and you know this so you are right where you want to be, SAme furniture, coffee machine, drinks and 2 stories.

Not sure where I mentioned I had issues with the furniture (downstairs), coffee machine or drinks. I did say that I and others found the seating upstairs to be uncomfortable. Also not sure how anyone but I know where I want to be. :rolleyes:

3 drinks are enough

Yes, many people only drink 3 drinks. That is why I said 'Please do not say that 3 drinks are enough each evening. I am just comparing the actual perk between the two cruise lines. RCI beats any other cruise line for this specific perk.

However, depending on what you choose on Celebrity it may take 2 coupons for 1 type of drink. Have seen people complain about this.

Yes, many people only drink 3 drinks. That is why I said 'Please do not say that 3 drinks are enough each evening. I am just comparing the actual perk between the two cruise lines. RCI beats any other cruise line for this specific perk.

However, depending on what you choose on Celebrity it may take 2 coupons for 1 type of drink. Have seen people complain about this.

Less is more or so they say. I kind of wish you could double up on the vouchers to get an upgraded drink on Royal

Less is more or so they say. I kind of wish you could double up on the vouchers to get an upgraded drink on Royal

We are not big drinkers and max we have per night is 3 all night. We normally have wine. What do you mean by double up to get an upgraded drink?

We are not big drinkers and max we have per night is 3 all night. We normally have wine. What do you mean by double up to get an upgraded drink?

I was paraphrasing your post. Something about two coupons for certain drinks.

.... Celebrity used the 3 coupon (paper, not on your cruise card) per night and thus you only got 3 drinks per night from 5-7PM. Whereas, RCI has theirs from 5-8:30PM plus the 3 drinks every night that is loaded on your cruise card.

The drink coupons on Celebrity are not the norm...they do that when there are very large numbers of elites on cruise...I would bet less than 10% (probably less than 5%) of Celebrity cruises use the coupons.