Y'all are right about the MATTRESS!

You are taking the opinion of around 20 - 30 people out of thousands. You do the math. ;)

Not so sure your math is correct. Maybe 20 - 30 people only post on here about the terrible mattresses. There could be a 1,000 more who don't. Not everyone is on CC.:rolleyes:

I am s sailing on the Freedom in November and for medical reasons requested the mattress topper from Special Needs. I was told that the ships no longer have the egg crate foam toppers onboard, that they were all disposed of for sanitary reasons. Please be aware that if you are told you will receive a mattress topper, it is going to be a folded up blanket (the same style that they use to cover your bed). This was the case on my February Adventure cruise when Special Needs promised a mattress topper - and I wound up with several folded blankets instead :mad:

I won't ever be in the same predicament again, as back ache on a cruise can pretty much ruin the week. I will order a memory foam topper from Target to be delivered to my hotel the day I check in this coming November. It will come all wrapped up and all I have to do is slap a luggage tag on it and check it in with my luggage :D

Not so sure your math is correct. Maybe 20 - 30 people only post on here about the terrible mattresses. There could be a 1,000 more who don't. Not everyone is on CC.:rolleyes:

Haven't done a review of my April Liberty cruise, but I would have mentioned the mattresses. I like a firm bed, but this was so hard that I could not sleep on my side for any length of time without my hip hurting. Just slept on my back, no problem! Pillows were nice 50/50 down and feather, and sheets were new and felt luxe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Anthem in May and thought the bed was the most uncomfortable bed we ever had. We always love the beds on our cruises and get the best sleep ever but this really surprised us.

Can I ask for extra pillows to use under my knees, etc. for our upcoming cruise on the Anthem again?

As fate has it, just got off. Had a new mattress in a new cabin. It was hard, no egg crates were available.

However, the steward placed a duvet under the sheets and it was fine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We had a SJS and FJS on a recent Anthem cruise. I booked these rooms specifically to be assured of the 'luxury pillowtop mattress' they advertise. Our beds were all hard. Pillows were very firm as well.

My advice would be to request mattress toppers in advance, if that is possible, and bring your own pillow if you think you will need it. Based on comments I heard, Royal has be aware of the complaints. Can't see them changing out all the beds, so your best bet is to be prepared.

We had a SJS and FJS on a recent Anthem cruise. I booked these rooms specifically to be assured of the 'luxury pillowtop mattress' they advertise. Our beds were all hard. Pillows were very firm as well.

My advice would be to request mattress toppers in advance, if that is possible, and bring your own pillow if you think you will need it. Based on comments I heard, Royal has be aware of the complaints. Can't see them changing out all the beds, so your best bet is to be prepared.

Dynamic Bedding, coming to a ship near you.

The full suites have the pillow top,

That may be so, but they advertise JS as getting the luxury pillowtop as well. On their website.

They really should provide that type of mattress or take that claim off of the website. It is false advertising.

Edited by marci22

We booked a js on allure in part because of the advertised upgraded bed. I would be very unhappy if we have one of those hard beds. I agree that it would be false advertising. Anyone recently in allure js i would love to hear your thoughts on the bed. Tia :)

We booked a js on allure in part because of the advertised upgraded bed. I would be very unhappy if we have one of those hard beds. I agree that it would be false advertising. Anyone recently in allure js i would love to hear your thoughts on the bed. Tia :)

I think it's a crapshoot. Some people in Ds on Anthem have posted it was the most comfortable bed ever. Others will say 'cement'.

I find it really difficult to believe that if anyone slept on my bed, they would describe it as 'the most comfortable bed ever', unless they just got out of prison. Or they drink heavily.

I think it's a crapshoot. Some people in Ds on Anthem have posted it was the most comfortable bed ever. Others will say 'cement'.

I find it really difficult to believe that if anyone slept on my bed, they would describe it as 'the most comfortable bed ever', unless they just got out of prison. Or they drink heavily.

To me, they feel like you are sleeping on a box spring, not a mattress. As a side sleeper, they are very painful to the hip.

Lol that is what I thought as well . They obviously did not have one of those beds.

I would think that a cruise ship has a special arrangement with a mattress manufacturer - a supplier if you will. For the life of me, I cannot figure out who thinks a concrete mattress is ok? I'm sure RCI has received a lot of feedback on this very subject.

Hotels are keenly aware that the quality of a guests sleep is of utmost importance - why can't a cruise line think the same way?