Join Pete and Judy on their FIRST World Cruise on the Amsterdam

The-Inside-Cabin

Thank you for spending your time and money to let us follow along on your journey. Not only do you take the time to write your journal, you scanned "On Locations" and menus every day and uploaded photos and other documentation.

Your InsideTheCabin blog has to be the most organized cruise journal website I've seen. I hope folks went to your website and didn't just read CC. If they didn't they missed a lot.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Hopefully you'll do it again in a couple of years.

Thanks, I plan to add some videos and more in depth World Cruise planning suggestions once I have better internet and more time.

Surprisingly, there was a world cruise blogger a few years ago where it was their first time on a cruise ship. Even their TA tried to tell them it wasn't a good idea. They documented everything including a detailed list of EVERYTHING they packed. The complaints started before they even set foot on the airplane to Fort Lauderdale. They never stopped complaining all the way around the world. Incredible as it seems, it is true that some people have to learn the hard way. The term "more money than...." came to my mind every time I read the blog, but it was a moth to flame scenario for me.

Pete and Judy - it has been a pleasure to follow your adventure. You will never know the tough times you pulled me through with your positive and comprehensive blog. For that I thank you and will continue to read as to transit the Panama Canal for the second time in the same direction!

We were on the WC with that cruiser, and the complaints never stopped coming. Our favorite, however, was after the cruise was over and one of her last comments on CC was "We stopped at IHOP for dinner. It was the first decent meal I'd had in four months."

Pete and Judy, we've loved your blog. It is truly the best one we've ever read on CC, and that's from someone who has posted CC blogs for five world cruises. Early on during the cruise, someone asked you about internet access and you told us what your plan was through AT&T, what it included and that it was $60 a month. We have Verizon coverage and I'd like to take your info to them and see if they have anything comparable. Were you able to get internet coverage on your IPhone or IPad mid-ocean? Did you use the ship's internet at all?

Thanks again for your spectacular blog, since we had to skip this year. We'll be back in 2017, though, and just can't wait. Did you find, as we did in 2008, that world cruises are somewhat addictive?

We were on the WC with that cruiser, and the complaints never stopped coming. Our favorite, however, was after the cruise was over and one of her last comments on CC was "We stopped at IHOP for dinner. It was the first decent meal I'd had in four months."

I was on that cruise too ... at least you have to admit it kept the rest of us entertained.

Susan

Your talking about legally blond. It was not her first cruise. She had done a carnival cruise once. You have to admit it was the greatest. The best was in Agra it was too early to get up to see the taj at sunrise so she went bowling. She has not done any cruising since.

I has been great reading about your adventures. Next time you will be in Africa. Should be great. I have travelled all over the world since I was a kid. Saw so much and never wanted to go on a ship. However since I did I saw so many places I would never have seen. i.e. The Seychelles. Maldives. Antarctica. And so many more. Will be reading you PC transit as I will be doing it in Jan.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on that cruise too ... at least you have to admit it kept the rest of us entertained.

Susan

Is there any chance anyone has a link to that thread? It sounds very entertaining but my search has come up empty. I'd be inclined to try another search if somebody knew what year it was.

Roy

Oh yes I had forgotten that comment... covered my monitor with tea when I read it.

Your talking about legally blond. It was not her first cruise. She had done a carnival cruise once. <snip>

You are correct; I had forgotten that too. I remember they fully expected to be upgraded and were bitterly disappointed when they got what they paid for.

Is there any chance anyone has a link to that thread? It sounds very entertaining but my search has come up empty. I'd be inclined to try another search if somebody knew what year it was.

Roy

Sorry for the thread drift Pete and Judy.

Roy the it was a blog and can be found here: http://worldcruise2012-legallyblonde.bl

Around the World in 112 days.

Thanks, 1of4. Quite a read. I see they also cruised on Royal Caribbean but you think they would have checked on HAL a little bit before such a commitment.

Pete and Judy, when you leave Ft, Lauderdale I hope you'll post on personnel changes. I assume Debby Bacon will leave as usual but I'm especially wondering about Barbara, Gene, and Captain Mercer. They've all been on a long time. I'm also hoping HAL will soon release the Grand Asia.

Roy

Pete and Judy, we've loved your blog. It is truly the best one we've ever read on CC, and that's from someone who has posted CC blogs for five world cruises. Early on during the cruise, someone asked you about internet access and you told us what your plan was through AT&T, what it included and that it was $60 a month. We have Verizon coverage and I'd like to take your info to them and see if they have anything comparable. Were you able to get internet coverage on your IPhone or IPad mid-ocean? Did you use the ship's internet at all?

Thanks again for your spectacular blog, since we had to skip this year. We'll be back in 2017, though, and just can't wait. Did you find, as we did in 2008, that world cruises are somewhat addictive?

John and Diane, It is indeed a huge compliment to Pete that you have enjoyed his daily reports and blog. When you were not posting this year I had no idea what I would do while enjoying my morning coffee. I thought you might be doing one or more segments this year. Pete has become a staple for many of us in the mornings. The only thing better than having you or Pete and Judy reporting would be to have both of you reporting on the same WC. As has been said before Pete approaches his reports with a positive and enthusiastic spin. Just love it. Even though he and Judy have often "been there, done that" they do not minimize the excitement of those who have. I have been so fortunate to enjoy more than one WC on CC. Thank you for taking the time to let us travel with you. Cherie

Thanks, 1of4. Quite a read. I see they also cruised on Royal Caribbean but you think they would have checked on HAL a little bit before such a commitment.

Pete and Judy, when you leave Ft, Lauderdale I hope you'll post on personnel changes. I assume Debby Bacon will leave as usual but I'm especially wondering about Barbara, Gene, and Captain Mercer. They've all been on a long time. I'm also hoping HAL will soon release the Grand Asia.

Roy

Oh, it was rcci. The greatest read ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree the Inside Cabin is one of the best World Cruise Blogs ever especially for someone who is considering a world cruise - the various tips that Pete has given are so helpful. Not to detract from the Inside Cabin at all, but the legally blonde blog of several years back was a real hoot.

Barbara

We would have been on this year, but a teacher on John's old staff died unexpectedly and they asked him to teach for a year. He has excellent training and test scores in senior advanced placement English, so they thought he would be the perfect person for the job. However, not only are we going next year, but we have our table and table mates set up and several (independent) short excursions reserved.

In the meantime, however, we felt travel-deprived, so we booked 10 days in Paris right after Christmas, and on Christmas Eve John suffered an attack of appendicitis and had surgery to have it removed on Christmas morning. Merry Christmas to us! Anyway, we'll make up for it next year. BTW, thanks for your kind words about my blog - nothing like Pete's, but I'll no doubt do one next year, too. I can only hope it will be as entertaining as "Legally Blonde's"

Roy

Mercer, Henk, gone.....Gene stays to Alaska....will let you know about the others when I find out

Grand Asia 2017 itinerary is on the blog. http://Www.theinsidecabin.com under world cruise reference

Surprisingly, there was a world cruise blogger a few years ago where it was their first time on a cruise ship. Even their TA tried to tell them it wasn't a good idea. They documented everything including a detailed list of EVERYTHING they packed. The complaints started before they even set foot on the airplane to Fort Lauderdale. They never stopped complaining all the way around the world. Incredible as it seems, it is true that some people have to learn the hard way. The term "more money than...." came to my mind every time I read the blog, but it was a moth to flame scenario for me.

Pete and Judy - it has been a pleasure to follow your adventure. You will never know the tough times you pulled me through with your positive and comprehensive blog. For that I thank you and will continue to read as to transit the Panama Canal for the second time in the same direction!

Glad you enjoyed it....I will have to read the old blog when I get home

I ended up with ATT international passport for $120 month which is unlimited text, 7c929e525c4fae28af70092774bcccca.jpg

Didn't use att at sea at all....used ships Internet....more on that later

Thanks, I plan to add some videos and more in depth World Cruise planning suggestions once I have better internet and more time.

That would be terrific! I'll be watching for that. We're looking forward to our own trip around the world next year. I've learned so much from your blog. thanks for answering my inquiries on the blog. I appreciated it! And again...enjoy your first time on Cunard!

Edited by Cruise NH

We would have been on this year, but a teacher on John's old staff died unexpectedly and they asked him to teach for a year. He has excellent training and test scores in senior advanced placement English, so they thought he would be the perfect person for the job. However, not only are we going next year, but we have our table and table mates set up and several (independent) short excursions reserved.

In the meantime, however, we felt travel-deprived, so we booked 10 days in Paris right after Christmas, and on Christmas Eve John suffered an attack of appendicitis and had surgery to have it removed on Christmas morning. Merry Christmas to us! Anyway, we'll make up for it next year. BTW, thanks for your kind words about my blog - nothing like Pete's, but I'll no doubt do one next year, too. I can only hope it will be as entertaining as "Legally Blonde's"

Look forward to meeting you guys on the 2017 WC, have enjoyed your live reports in the past!

Hope John has recovered!