A touch of luxury .. Le Soleal in Auckland today 22 Jan

Oh I saw a doco about this ship recently and it looked amazing, so I looked up the online reviews. They were surprisingly bad, on the whole people thought the experience didn't justify the price. It's a shame, because as you say it's a lovely looking ship.

Yes ...it is a shame . We will just have to get rid of all those bean counters and go back to the days when staff actually underwent...(shock horror :eek:) a training progamme. Some of the reviews could have been from on board Pacific Eden and Aria.:eek:

$1000 a night job on that ship, she goes all over the world carrying the well heeled. Any of you mob out there been on it? LOL. I actually saw it berthed at Ushiaia, Argentina, in March 2014, when we were on Golden Princess, BA to LA.

Edited by NSWP

We are going on the sister ship Le Boreal in January next year to Antarctica.

I'm pretty easy going and don't feel like we are entitled to more service because it's expensive. We are paying the money for the experience, yes it is over $1000pp/night but it will be worth it. We have a beautiful ship, we will be fed and alcohol is included and it's taking me to one of the most remote places in the world:)

Very sorry to hear of your nightmare. Pretty weak that Pontant have not replied.

The cruise line need a real kick up the backside and you gave it to them, well done.

Sorry to hear of your experiences . Do you think it was a result of Ponants attitude or do you think it was because of it being French ?

I have heard of similar stories on the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti. If you are not French , they don't want to know you .