Changes to Crown & Anchor

As a Pinnacle I am more than happy to pay my Gratuities, the staff always look after me, and in return I look after them.

They are hard working at all times and should receive their share of tips from all guests. :eek:

I would like to see high loyalty members to get sliding scale discounts on drink packages, in order to reflect the fact that when buying a dp they are giving back the benefits of drink vouchers or lounge drinks :)

I think Pinnacles should get free gratuities, price drops after final payment, and the ability to combine all perks.
Edited by ChipLondon

As a Pinnacle I am more than happy to pay my Gratuities, the staff always look after me, and in return I look after them.

They are hard working at all times and should receive their share of tips from all guests. :eek:

I would like to see high loyalty members to get sliding scale discounts on drink packages, in order to reflect the fact that when buying a dp they are giving back the benefits of drink vouchers or lounge drinks :)

I am more than happy to have the staff get their full gratuity too, I'd just rather have the company pay it instead of me.:)

I do like the idea of half-price beverage packages for Pinnacles too.:D

You KNOW that they tried that recently, right? And rescinded it after about two weeks! :eek:

You KNOW that they tried that recently, right? And rescinded it after about two weeks! :eek:

I didn't realise that, I wonder why they rescinded it. I thought that would be the way they would go to try and decrease pressures on the Lounges, but if they have tried it once and changed their mind, its unlikely to come back :(

:)

Out of curiosity, what additional benefits do you think Pinnacles should get over free drinks and hor d'oeuvres for 3 1/2 hours every night in the lounges? Or are you saying Diamonds should have their benefits cut and not have a lounge?

I love these debates.... keeps me from getting too worked up over the elections..

It will come back !!!!!

Does anyone know the reason why it was rescinded? I thought it would increase revenue and thin out the lounge, no?:confused:

Well there is a difference between suites and pinnacles. MSC Blacks don't get the free drinks, the yacht club does. Maybe they'll make a true suites lounge with that, and then bump the pinnacles down to the lowly DL/CL.

"lowly DL/CL" my oh my ! WOW !!!

Does anyone know the reason why it was rescinded? I thought it would increase revenue and thin out the lounge, no?:confused:

I'm not sure how giving discounted drink packages to anyone would increase revenue. Those who don't drink still aren't going to get it. Those who drink 2-3 drinks in a day maybe, but those are more likely to just use their freebie's in the evening anyway.

I'm not sure how giving discounted drink packages to anyone would increase revenue. Those who don't drink still aren't going to get it. Those who drink 2-3 drinks in a day maybe, but those are more likely to just use their freebie's in the evening anyway.

If they aren't satisfied with the lounge or voucher offerings, maybe they would be inclined to purchase the package at a discount.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If they aren't satisfied with the lounge or voucher offerings, maybe they would be inclined to purchase the package at a discount.

That's not going to increase revenue though, it will decrease it. Unless it's one of the marginal people who drink, but don't have the package already, and will only get it at the discounted rate. Even those people will have any benefit to the company of buyign a package marginalized by not paying full price for drinks at times outside of the evening cocktail hour.

I would think the company gets far too much revenue out of drinks to want to water that down too much.

I imagine the issue of having the DP discounted for those who have access to lounges or the voucher offers is that they are getting 'some free drinks' yet still paying fully for the DP. Since I will never, at least HIGHLY UNLIKELY reach Pinnacle (we expect to make it to D+), I could see a small discount for higher end C&A levels, maybe starting at D+. The goal of benefits is to have cruisers see value in reaching the higher levels.

Just to be clear.....I don't want it because we are soon nearing that level. We don't drink enough to pay for a package. We sometimes don't even use all 3 of our drink vouchers on a given day per person.

That's not going to increase revenue though, it will decrease it. Unless it's one of the marginal people who drink, but don't have the package already, and will only get it at the discounted rate. Even those people will have any benefit to the company of buyign a package marginalized by not paying full price for drinks at times outside of the evening cocktail hour.

I would think the company gets far too much revenue out of drinks to want to water that down too much.

The goal of benefits is to have cruisers see value in reaching the higher levels.

Exactly! While I recognize I didn't state it clearly in my comment, we are talking about a perk here so it may add revenue, may reduce it, or maybe a wash but we are talking about an added perk.

Exactly! While I recognize I didn't state it clearly in my comment, we are talking about a perk here so it may add revenue, may reduce it, or maybe a wash but we are talking about an added perk.

We might think of it as a perk, but somewhere down the line a "perk" is a "cost" to the cruiseline, unless the benefit of the perk gets people to book more cruises with them. Cruise lines will balance what they gain from the perk (in loyalty, goodwill, good PR, more cruises, etc) from what it costs them to provide that perk. And at some point, it's too expensive.

There are many promos for free drink packages, gratuties, etc, but we all know that it's either a very short term promo to get new people to try them out (MSC being a great example), or more likely they bump the base price up and make it sound like you're getting a great deal with all the freebies.

This is absolutely ridiculous. If RCCL intend to not change something I think everyone likely to be affected should at least informed to give them time to prepare.

hmrs.gif

Edited by Cuizer2