Anthem "On the Road Again"

misslucy01

Anders Ingebrigtsen has been called back while Capt. Claus Andersen is assisting with RCI's review of the last cruise.

Aw "review of that last cruise " ... what a delightful and charming way to say "Interrogation", "Cross-Examination", "Reprimand" and "Suspension" !!

Edited by F27TW

Aw "review of that last cruise " ... what a delightful and charming way to say "Interrogation", "Cross-Examination", "Reprimand" and "Suspension" !!

I do concure with F27TW's way of phrasing it. So much cover up and a lot of corporate politics with the almighty buck in mind.

I do concure with F27TW's way of phrasing it. So much cover up and a lot of corporate politics with the almighty buck in mind.

While the Master of the ship has the ultimate authority and on-the-spot decision making responsibility........we'll probably never know truthfully just how much pressure he might have been under from the Company in making those decision's....unless there is a recording somewhere of all ship to shore communications ....

I wonder what portion of the population believes that the moon landing was faked?

Called the Flat Earthers,(maybe miss spelled) that believe, Yes the earth is flat. I think it is actually a real group.

Edited by north29

While the Master of the ship has the ultimate authority and on-the-spot decision making responsibility........we'll probably never know truthfully just how much pressure he might have been under from the Company in making those decision's....unless there is a recording somewhere of all ship to shore communications ....

I'm wondering too whose call it was, whether it was verified by HQ before the decision was put into action, whether HQ provided any additional weather prediction confirmation to the ship.

I think a lot of it boils down to lawyers and possible litigation, which is unfortunate. But at the end of the day they cannot collaborate on a story if things go to court.

Personally I don't think a captain could be pressured into such a decision if he felt it was unsafe. I also don't think he would make such a decision if he had full information on the conditions he would face. Seems to me like he wasn't aware of the full severity of the storm.

Every RCI Ship is on a schedule!

I am sure that the Captain consulted with the RCI home office and after a joint review of the weather and potential risks a decision was made to stick with the schedule.

Time will tell if I am right or wrong.

Edited by Trainman-2

Anders Ingebrigtsen has been called back while Capt. Claus Andersen is assisting with RCI's review of the last cruise.

The captain shouldn't stay back and review the last cruise. They should come on CC and they can find out everything. The good, the bad and the ugly! :) I mean there is plenty of reviews on here.

Glad the Anthem is back out. I hope everyone on board has a great time and enjoys. Hopefully the low pressure that is suppose to come through the state of SC will stay on land (which means no snow for us if it does).

And here we go again...:rolleyes:

I kind of sick of popcorn...what else do we have? ;)

I'm sitting here with a kitty on my lap, got the fire going WOT keeping it a cozy 84 inside, it's -3 outside and there's ice building up on the edges of the windows. Going to get 6" of snow later before turning to freezing rain.

Ran out of pop corn but will broil up some true MD crabcakes courtesy of G&M later today while the wife bakes a cake.

March 2nd is coming, then it's our turn to hit the high seas from a cabin just about at the water line, har har! But at least I won't have to stoke the fires to keep my feet from freezing. 100 year old chestnut planking feels like ice on bare feet this time of the year!