New Coffee Cards

cruzsnooze

Last time they changed coffee cards from the playing cards to the brown ones, they honored the playing cards for punches. We have a "deck" of the brown cards - trading out mini-bars and the like - with no ship or date on them. Hoping they are tradable for the new ones with the green bar on them. We were able to trade "pure" playing card ones for brown ones. We don't drink the brewed coffee anyway, just the espresso based drinks, but like to have usable ones for family members who might join us on a cruise.

Also you can use the Card ONE punch for 3 scoops of Gelato but it's a poor value. The Gelato was only $1.50 for 3 scoops on the Crown this week.

I thought that was only on the Royal and Regal where there is a separate gelato café.

I thought that was only on the Royal and Regal where there is a separate gelato café.

Correct. The price for gelato is 1 punch for three scoops on the Regal and Royal and 1 punch for one scoop on the Emerald. BIG difference.

Three times the price. :( I'm not sure about any quality difference.

. I just am so offended by people not having the generosity to pass on a free coffee card to another RC member...okay I got it off my chest......

Most people don't go around giving away $25 to strangers. I really don't understand why you're offended.

The problem I see if they load the coffee card onto our sea pass cards is the unused punches. How would they get carried over to our next cruise. If Princess doesn't allow you to keep the unused punches I wouldn't buy the coffee card anymore.

Why wouldn't they just sell a coffee package like a drinks package? Just good for the cruise, no punches, no refunds.

That would mean unlimited coffee for the entire cruise, like the soda package. Can you imagine the lines at the IC ? I don't see that because the coffee's are so much expensive then soda.

Edited by cruzsnooze

The complimentary coffee is made from a concentrated syrup and is not freshly brewed. There are differing opinions in how it tastes. ;)

Thanks for the clarification. We had no problem with buffet coffee on NCL so hopefully Princess will be the same....or better.:D

That would mean unlimited coffee for the entire cruise, like the soda package. Can you imagine the lines at the IC ? I don't see that because the coffee's are so much expensive then soda.

I don't think it would be much different than the lines at Café al Bacio on Celebrity. Many people on this line beverage package and then you can always purchase a good cup of joe even if you don't have the package. On top of that, there are the elite + and Zenith members that get free coffee. The lines at the coffee bars on Princess and Celebrity are similar in my opinion.

But don't the drink packages also include milkshakes and mocktails? It seems like those would be similar in price to the fancy coffee drinks.

Brewed coffee can only be found at the coffee/bar in the Piazza by the IC. Some ships (Royal Class) have other places to get brewed coffee. You can get specialty coffee in the main dining room but the waiter will take your card and it will get it punched. I've never ask for the brewed coffee in the MDR but it may be possible. Maybe someone will answer this question.

The buffet only has the coffee which is made from a concentrate.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

On our last cruise, I bought a coffee card and unbeknownst to hubby, he also bought one. So I put mine away and planned on using it this time around. Mine was put away as the person selling them did not write down the info on the back.

I hope it will be honored.:)

A completely unused old card MAY be exchanged for a new ships card I did not get any luck with the Coffee counter but phoned the Head of food and beverage and he actually visited my cabin with the exchange card That way I got free coffee and tea as well If in doubt leave him a note and see what luck you have OR he may be at the meet and greet:D:D

We don't always drink specialty coffees, especially if there is a long line and in that case, we are very happy with just brewed coffee. If we purchased a card on a current cruise, are we able to get 2 cups of regular coffee at one time using the same card? If not, might be better for us to pay as we go. I am just trying not to cheat and really don't care for the coffee syrup all that much.

On the Golden a few months ago I tried to get 2 brewed coffee at once since I drink a lot & wanted to take it up to my room all the way up on the 15th deck. They said I could only get one at a time.

On the Golden a few months ago I tried to get 2 brewed coffee at once since I drink a lot & wanted to take it up to my room all the way up on the 15th deck. They said I could only get one at a time.

Never had a problem getting one reg and one decaf at one time with the card

Never had a problem getting one reg and one decaf at one time with the card

That's not surprising to me...standardization is not always the norm. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

A completely unused old card MAY be exchanged for a new ships card I did not get any luck with the Coffee counter but phoned the Head of food and beverage and he actually visited my cabin with the exchange card That way I got free coffee and tea as well If in doubt leave him a note and see what luck you have OR he may be at the meet and greet:D:D

Thanks for the tip. I will do that.:)

I guess I'll have to wait and see. I have one completely unused card and one partially punched card. NEITHER card has the voyage number written on it. I would be pretty upset to have them deny me the fresh-brewed coffee with my pristine card.