Luggage Tags

tunaman2011

Ours never arrived although ordered 3 times.
They probably sent them to us by mistake. ;)

They have sent us luggage tags several times although we did not order them.

Usually we find them in the mail we pick up at the post office after returning from the cruise.

Ours never arrived although ordered 3 times.

Same here. Ordered online three times then emailed captains club. They replied that there was a supplier problem in the UK and they would get them sent to me. They never came. This was in December/ January and since then I have read that they are not available to UK customers any more. Yes I can and did print my own but for goodness sake Celebrity just stop messing us about !

Celebrity has a supplier problem and website issues. Luggage tags not worth bothering about. getting them at the pier better than printing. Using a plain piece of paper is very likely to tear off. Let the porters put on a proper tag.

Celebrity has a supplier problem and website issues. Luggage tags not worth bothering about. getting them at the pier better than printing. Using a plain piece of paper is very likely to tear off. Let the porters put on a proper tag.

That's your opinion. Celebrity does not have a supplier problem. I ordered ours through the Captains Club desk and received the tags within 5 days. Agree Celebrity's on line ordering system is broke. So anyone (speaking for U.S. Cruisers) wanting your luggage prior to leaving for your Cruise order the tags through the Captains Club desk. I'm not the only one that has done this and received them within a week of requesting them. We've never had any of the tags I printed at home come off. All depends on how you attach them.

Just got my tags in the mail...three days after Celebrity upgraded me to a Concierge Cabin. Interesting...because first off, I didn't order tags at all, and the tags that did arrive are for my original cabin number, not our new cabin. I'm wondering if our TA ordered them for us. I do seem to remember on another cruise through a TA, our tags were sent to us by Celebrity.

I might ask our TA if she had anything to do with the tags. Otherwise I'll call the Captains Club number and place an order for the correct cabin number.

Have a good weekend

That's your opinion. Celebrity does not have a supplier problem. I ordered ours through the Captains Club desk and received the tags within 5 days. Agree Celebrity's on line ordering system is broke. So anyone (speaking for U.S. Cruisers) wanting your luggage prior to leaving for your Cruise order the tags through the Captains Club desk. I'm not the only one that has done this and received them within a week of requesting them. We've never had any of the tags I printed at home come off. All depends on how you attach them.

Good summary, other than the fact that it applies to Canadian cruisers too! :) For Celebrity cruises, we always use their tags, but for other lines we have to print the tags. We haven't lost one yet, as we simply insert them in plastic holders available from numerous sources. We bought some several years ago and they are still as good as new. Quick, easy and secure.

I have never had a problem getting my tags that I ordered for about a dozen cruises on Celebrity, I just ordered tags (2/16) for a cruise on 4/2 so I will keep this thread informed on what happens.

J.

Update 2/26 I called Captains Club today and talked with Marie who was very nice and very new. She said they were having a problem with the luggage tag orders. She said she could send the tags to my T/A and I told her that would take to long and what would they do if I didn't have a T/A. She finally put me on hold and went to talked to someone, she came back and said she would ship them to my address. I'm wondering if I will get them so now I just wait and see. It seems that this problem has been going on for some time, why can't they get it fixed...just another IT glitch?

Stay tuned,

J.

Every cruise line and every airline that we have ever used provided luggage tags when we checked our bags in for our cruise or flight.

We have never needed to print luggage tags at home in advance ourselves for any cruise line, not even (gasp!) Carnival. :eek:

But all the cruise lines we have used, including Celebrity, did provide optional sample luggage tags, so any passengers who want to print out luggage tags themselves can do so.

The airlines don't offer us that option, although some airports do have kiosks where you can print out your own luggage tags and attach them yourself, instead of waiting for an agent to do it.

At some airports when there is no line, even if we start to do it ourselves, an agent will come right over and do it for us anyway.

I would not be surprised if some of the major cruise ports started providing similar kiosks for printing out luggage tags as well in the future, if that method would be more cost effective and efficient for them.

If they do that, they can then add another suite perk, having the Michael's Club concierge print luggage tags for us if we book a suite so we don't need to spend a whole minute standing at the kiosk ourselves. ;)

Edited by varoo

I have sailed 17 times on Celebrity and have ordered my luggage tags online, through their website. I've gotten them, every time, within a week of ordering. The last time was in December so I don't know if they've had problems since then.

We received our tags "two mail days" before leaving for Florida to catch our 1/11 Equinox cruise. I ordered them off the website (very early) and had really given up, but they arrived just in time.

You must have the magic touch! I ordered twice online for Equinox 1-2-16 sailing...never received...and not having them added to the disaster that was our embarkation.

I have sailed 17 times on Celebrity and have ordered my luggage tags online, through their website. I've gotten them, every time, within a week of ordering. The last time was in December so I don't know if they've had problems since then.

We never had the problem with our previous Celebrity Cruises either. However it's been the talk on this subject lately here on CC. There has been a few other threads besides this one. When I ordered mine through the Captains Club desk the girl I spoke with said the on line orders weren't coming through to be processed. This was 17 February.

Edited by davekathy

How come after doing online checkin you don't just print your own?

Simple. My preference. Speaking only for myself...as long as Celebrity offers the option of sending luggage tags out for free I will continue to take advantage of their generosity. When we sail RCCL I print the luggage tags at home as they don't offer them for free.

Edited by davekathy

How come after doing online checkin you don't just print your own?

Personal preference.

It is totally unnecessary and not something that I have any wish to do.

I simply tag my bags when I check them in at the pier, whether cruising on X, RCCL, or any other cruise line.

Can't see any good reason to bother with luggage tags in advance at all.

We have not found any cruise line yet that does not provide free luggage tags at the pier.

Besides, the porters often start tagging your bags before you even get a chance to do it yourself.

Those who enjoy printing their own luggage tags feel differently.

It is the same way that some people enjoy baking their own bread or changing the oil in their cars themselves, while others don't.

Greetings

Glad to see that I am not alone and that others have had trouble with their tag orders. This is the first time we have had problems, previous cruises the tags arrived without issue.

The suggestion to call Captain's Club is a good one. Thanks to all who have tried to be helpful to the readers.

For those who have never used the tags, they are similar to airline luggage tags. They are made of a very sturdy plastic like material with sticky backing. They are superior to the self printed tags.

Many people do get the tags at the pier, but the pier can be a real zoo depending upon when you arrive. It's just easier to drop your bags, tip the porter and be on your way. Having to wait for him to fill out tags just adds another step to the process.

Maybe Celebrity will finally realize that something is broken and it needs to be addressed. It's not a major issue, but there just seems to be more and more minor things that are broken that never seem to be fixed.

We board tomorrow, using self printed tags. I am sure it will be a great cruise and that we will meet a lot of nice people and have a wonderful time.

Good Sailing

Tom

When, in reality, do the luggage tags become available to order on line? I know the website states 2 months but we are by that and still showing as "not yet available"

Ours became available approximately 45 (44) days prior to our sail date.

Edited by davekathy

When, in reality, do the luggage tags become available to order on line? I know the website states 2 months but we are by that and still showing as "not yet available"

I think they are not available for UK customers anymore, you just have to print out your own. If you put them in the plastic tie-ons available from Amazon they seem fine and you can use the holders again for further cruises.

I ordered tags online for our 2/20-27 Summit cruise. Ten days before the cruise I called Captain's Club and was told Celebrity is no longer sending luggage tags as a "green" move. I questioned if it was less "green" for me to print them rather then Celebrity, or possibly if the "green" represented money rather than the environment.:rolleyes: In any case, we use the cheap clear plastic tag holders sized for the Celebrity luggage tags, so I printed out the tags from the documents and used those. I agree it's a waste of time and a bit of a risk to have them done at the port, unless absolutely necessary.

We're cruising with you and I check daily! One of these days, hopefully they'll show up. If not, at 4 weeks out I will call Captains Club and ask them to send!:)