WOW sale is back

nyc12345

I just booked Allure - funny enough, right after I reserved the cabin, all the pricing changed and went up a few hundred dollars. So much for the "sale" when the OBC is less than what they just hiked the price by.

Glad I stuck with my C&A discount.

I just booked Allure - funny enough, right after I reserved the cabin, all the pricing changed and went up a few hundred dollars. So much for the "sale" when the OBC is less than what they just hiked the price by.

Glad I stuck with my C&A discount.

Now you know why it's called WOW.

The WOW sale has begun on RCI's site. I checked my Liberty booking and the price is the same as when the 30% off sale started (which is slightly cheaper than the previous BOGOHO sale), now with $100 OBC added as it's a 7-night itinerary. The previous OBC amount from RCI under the BOGOHO sale was $50, so the WOW sale is a better deal.

The WOW sale has begun on RCI's site. I checked my Liberty booking and the price is the same as when the 30% off sale started (which is slightly cheaper than the previous BOGOHO sale), now with $100 OBC added as it's a 7-night itinerary. The previous OBC amount from RCI under the BOGOHO sale was $50, so the WOW sale is a better deal.

Perhaps on that particular cruise, my cruise has increased in price but there is little availability so that is not surprising.

.... when a crew member provides you exceptional service that you want to recognize, there are "WOW" cards that you fill out and provide to that crew member (this apparently counts highly in supervisors recognizing their service). The tip envelopes you get at the end of the cruise for additional cash gratuities are also part of the "WOW" recognition you can give to a crew member.
I got off the Oasis a week ago, and was told that they no longer provide WOW cards or tip envelopes. They have gone to sending an email survey to all guests who have provided their email addresses.

I got off the Oasis a week ago, and was told that they no longer provide WOW cards or tip envelopes. They have gone to sending an email survey to all guests who have provided their email addresses.

I don't think those are correlated. The electronic survey sent out by e-mail isn't new -- I've seen that on my last few cruises, replacing the paper surveys that used to be filled out on board and dropped off near Guest Services.

Maybe Oasis isn't providing the WOW cards or envelopes any more, but Baltimore/Grandeur did last month. I saw stacks of WOW cards in baskets behind the check-in counter at Cruise Maryland, and they were also provided in my stateroom. Envelopes were available for pickup at Guest Services and also provided in my stateroom.

I also saw WOW cards and envelopes on board Enchantment in November.

Any inconsistency can often be chalked up to "the RCI way" :)

Same here for the freedom

I saved a WHOLE $10 on a couple of sailings. The actual price we will pay went down $60 and lost $50 OBC (it was $100 OBC but went down to $50)

Net savings $10- I can probably get 1/2 pina colada with my savings:p:p

I probably should not have bothered calling but it is easy to get thru to them early in the morning

Edited by molly361

If your using a C&A discount on your booking it's not combinable with the WOW sale.

I think you can still get the reduced deposit of the WOW sale, but I agree you cannot combine the WOW OBC with the C&A discount.

I saved a WHOLE $10 on a couple of sailings. The actual price we will pay went down $60 and lost $50 OBC (it was $100 OBC but went down to $50)

I probably should not have bothered calling but it is easy to get thru to them early in the morning

Every little bit helps.:)

Where do you see OBC amount? When I tried to book Allure in March '17, I didn't see any OBC. Would it have should up if I went through the complete booking process? It showed 225 off for Diamond, but no OBC.

Please advise.

Where do you see OBC amount? When I tried to book Allure in March '17, I didn't see any OBC. Would it have should up if I went through the complete booking process? It showed 225 off for Diamond, but no OBC.

Please advise.

I only see the OBC when I click on the little "i" next to "Deals Included", or "View Detailed Pricing " once you have a category selected.

The cruise I was pricing yesterday when signed in, is the same price today. Ian not sure if I get OBC or not but the price is the same. Today, it is $100 more with the OBC included when not signed in.

It's like Sandals, always a sale, but never real savings. Upon occasion there is a true sale, but not often.

That's great to hear. I just got off the phone with them too. Saved $300 earlier this week and now have and extra $100 obc.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

We lost our OBC when we got the reduced fare for our upcoming August cruise last fall (upcoming Allure).

To think we lost around $300 OBC and we saved $2200, I'm ok with it.

Have been watching daily the price changes since then and they have only gone up.

Safe travels.