Underwear washing on Reflection

Chardonnay Char

If you go the hand washing route (and many of us do!), there are a couple hooks on the back of the bathroom door where you can hang washed out undies. M class ships have a drying line in the shower; S class do not. You can also purchase magnetic hooks at Walmart which are great for hanging things on the cabin walls (which are metal). While I do not advocate making your cabin look like a local laundry, believe me room stewards have seen it all and will not be put off by some delicates or two hanging around. If you are shy, you can also hang them in the closet to dry, although S class closets are quite small.

Another tip: Pack your old ratty undies and throw them out after wearing. No laundry to do.:D

You can also find clothes lines with suction cups, use them in the shower of S class ships. I find whenever I launder undies at night, they are dry in the morning if you roll them in a towel before hanging them up to dry.

We took a load of laundry into Skagway once. On our Mercury cruise years ago. Much cheaper, we thought. Than on the ship.

It cost over $2,000.00!

My mother walked into a furrier next to the laundry mat and fell in love with a Dyed Beaver coat. She bought it and had it shipped home.

I told her that was the most expensive laundry trip ever.

I know there are no coin washers and dryers on this boat. But is there a place for a reasonable price to send out a bag of underwear?

Underwear is $3.00 a piece. They often have specials "Fill this bag for wash and fold for…" It has been $10 or $20 depending on the cruise.

I know there are no coin washers and dryers on this boat. But is there a place for a reasonable price to send out a bag of underwear?

Buy underwear from Exofficio then wash it out. Wife and I both bought some. Wash it at night and it is dry by morning. If still damp use the hair dryer to finish drying. Works well.

Ok, perhaps I have lived too long to understand the OP. Looking at the OP's other posts it seems that she is going on a 7 day cruise in March! Why on earth would anyone be concerned about washing underwear on a 7 day cruise? Just bring enough for a week? Underwear is not that heavy of filling. DW and I get free laundry on most cruise lines (because we have done an awful lot of cruising and get perks) and have never sent out any laundry (although it is free) on a 7 day cruise.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I think people like to arrive home with mostly clean clothes rather than dirty so that would be why they want to take advantage of the laundry service, maybe? But, I agree with you that you wouldn't really benefit much from the service on a 7 day cruise.

It's not really "extra" if you budget for it. We budget for about 3 bags a week. If you're not one to burn through all of your OBC, you could do a couple of bags for the price of a novelty giant bottle of vodka.

Another tip: Pack your old ratty undies and throw them out after wearing. No laundry to do.:D

You can also find clothes lines with suction cups, use them in the shower of S class ships. I find whenever I launder undies at night, they are dry in the morning if you roll them in a towel before hanging them up to dry.

That's my method too! Once we've showered I wring out the undies and wrap them in the towel..rolling it up...then walk on it! Amazing how much additional dampness comes out. They're inevitably dry by morning!:):D

Celebrity does not always offer bag laundry specials. It depends on how busy they are, which may depend on the number of B2B and Elite guests since those usually get some free laundry.

I did see a bag special on the holiday cruise for $45 for the paper sack full.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If it were me I would wash in the sink. I never dry clothes in the dryer anyway. I would take a towel and lay it out in an open suitcase and lay out underwear and let it dry. If there is room under the bed for the suitcase no one will see them.

Another suggestion...Like others I have a bunch of quick dry underwear that I use every day. After washing and rolling in a towel use the hanger with the clips and hang it up over the shower faucet. If you use the clothes lines with suction cups as suggested you can hang your hangers from them. I have never taken laundry soap but have a small container of liquid hand soap and a old tooth brush. This works great.

Tom:)

Edited by trbarton

Thanks everyone. It is only a a 7 day cruise, but we are driving -- and stopping along the way, so it will be a longer trip. I will see that the bag costs and if too much, then I will wash by hand.

Try to do laundry wherever you stop on the night before you board.

We are also on a 7-day cruise on the Silhouette sailing late March and will be stopping along the way to Ft. Lauderdale. After the cruise we will be visiting friends for a week. Our pre-cruise hotel has complimentary laundry service, so we will be doing a wash just prior to the cruise. Post cruise, we are planning a laundromat stop that will bring us back to reality. Wish that Celebrity would offer a laundry room on their ships. We really appreciated the complimentary laundry room on our Azamara European cruise. We combined our Azamara cruise with a river boat cruise from Lyon and were able to board the river boat with clean clothes.