Jewel of the seas cabin question

Hello everyone! I am considering a cruise onboard the Jewel of the Seas and was wondering if it was worth spending 300 $ more for a superior balcony cabin vs a deluxe balcony cabin? I have never sailed RCI so I do not know how big, or small are these cabins. I have sailed NCL Epic last year and thought the cabins were really small. Did not like the layout at all!

Thanks for helping me decide!

I would not spend $300 for the difference in size between the two categories. Is there some other mitigating factor about your present stateroom that makes you want to change?

I agree with Bob (often do). $300 just for the meager size difference won't make much of a difference to your week. If there are other things about one cabin or the other, such as location. That may make more of a difference.

I would not spend $300 for the difference in size between the two categories. Is there some other mitigating factor about your present stateroom that makes you want to change?

Actually, my sister will also be on this trip and she booked a superior on deck 9. Since we wanted to be close and the deluxe on this deck are not close to the superior she booked, I was considering a superior myself. I am still not sure if it is worth it to spend 300$ to have 30 square feet of additional space... and be close to my sister.

Thanks again!

Other than the loveseat/sofa issue, there is no way to really tell the difference once you're in the rooms.

I think I'd gladly save 300.00 to be a little further from my sister. On second thought, I'd gladly spend 300.00 more to be on a different ship.....:D

mamoune, the difference in cost is one thing, your comfort is another. You mentioned the Epic's cabin being 'really small' so to compare to Jewel (beautiful ship and wonderful staff btw!)...

Jewel's approximate balcony size:

Superior 204 s.f. (balcony 41-172 s.f.)

Deluxe 179 s.f. (balcony 27-47 s.f.)

Epic's approximate balcony sizes:

Aft-facing: 205-221 s.f. (balcony 54-70 s.f.)

Large: 216-251 s.f. (balcony 65-100 s.f.)

Mid-ship: 204-221 s.f. (balcony 53-70 s.f.)

Balcony: 216 s.f. (balcony 37-100 s.f.)

It's really up to you to decide as far as proximity to your sister, and the difference in size and cost of your stateroom. Royal Caribbean staterooms don't have the sink located outside of the bathroom, which should help with the overall feel of the layout. It's interesting, I didn't realize that NCL has 'aft-facing' and 'mid-ship' stateroom categories. Personally, if it were just me in the stateroom, I would be fine with the Deluxe balcony. But it would be nice (IMO) to be located near my sister and walk together to the pool, dinner, etc. Enjoy your cruise! :)

We just finished cruise on Serenade of the Seas in E2 cabin on deck 8.

Above us was a D cabin that extended 2 feet further over our balcony and their balcony extended approx 2 plus feet over the dege of our balcony.

From this I gather D cabins are 2 feet longer (same width) and essentially same size balcony.

Personally I would not spend the extra, stayed in a deluxe on Jewel myself last year and was fine with it. However look at the above post with the comparison to NFL and decide if you are OK with it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

mamoune, the difference in cost is one thing, your comfort is another. You mentioned the Epic's cabin being 'really small' so to compare to Jewel (beautiful ship and wonderful staff btw!)...

Jewel's approximate balcony size:

Superior 204 s.f. (balcony 41-172 s.f.)

Deluxe 179 s.f. (balcony 27-47 s.f.)

Epic's approximate balcony sizes:

Aft-facing: 205-221 s.f. (balcony 54-70 s.f.)

Large: 216-251 s.f. (balcony 65-100 s.f.)

Mid-ship: 204-221 s.f. (balcony 53-70 s.f.)

Balcony: 216 s.f. (balcony 37-100 s.f.)

It's really up to you to decide as far as proximity to your sister, and the difference in size and cost of your stateroom. Royal Caribbean staterooms don't have the sink located outside of the bathroom, which should help with the overall feel of the layout. It's interesting, I didn't realize that NCL has 'aft-facing' and 'mid-ship' stateroom categories. Personally, if it were just me in the stateroom, I would be fine with the Deluxe balcony. But it would be nice (IMO) to be located near my sister and walk together to the pool, dinner, etc. Enjoy your cruise! :)

I think that your descriptive comparison is misleading. I am 99% sure that NCL's "cabin square footage" includes the balcony. Royal Caribbean lists the two figures separately. i.e., that 204 square foot balcony cabin is 204 square feet PLUS a balcony. NCL..........not.

I think that your descriptive comparison is misleading. I am 99% sure that NCL's "cabin square footage" includes the balcony. Royal Caribbean lists the two figures separately. i.e., that 204 square foot balcony cabin is 204 square feet PLUS a balcony. NCL..........not.

Yes, thank you, Merion_Mom. To clarify, Royal Caribbean's stateroom s.f. is separate from the balcony s.f., while NCL's stateroom s.f. includes the balcony s.f. With regard to the NCL Epic, the balcony s.f. is included in the 'Total Approx. Size' provided on their website. As an example, the Aft-facing Balcony is described as:

Total Approx. Size: 205-221 sq. ft.

Balcony Size: 54-70 sq. ft.

I should have included the word Total in my comparison.