Jeans (without holes) in main dining room?

Are jeans ok to wear with a nice, dressier top in the main dining room on all nights other than formal night?

If your jeans have no holes, how do you get them on? All of mine have at least 3 holes.

Apologies for the sarcasm, I just played Quest a couple of weeks ago... :D

It's a generation thing. Last RCI cruise with my son and daughter-in-law,

a few nights they wore their (expensive) jeans with nice shirt and top

for her. Very much in style. They looked great and were not turned

away from anything.

On the other hand, my husband and I wore our usual casual clothes

all except formal nights. We felt comfortable and so did they.

Yes, jeans are okay even without feeling the need to qualify with things like "without holes" or "expensive." Believe it or not, no one will ask you to produce a receipt to prove how much your jeans cost.

Though, as someone else already pointed out, particularly on Caribbean itineraries, a pair of lightweight tan or black pants/slacks might be more comfortable than jeans.

Edited by Paul65

I could use some holy jeans while on a cruise and preparing for a cruise. There typically are a few sins that I end up committing. Including (but not limited to):

Envy (Seeing all the people cruising while I'm stuck waiting for my cruise)

Pride (while boarding and getting ready)

Gluttony (I eat like a pig once aboard)

Greed (I want to do everything and I want everything!)

Sloth/Laziness (Who does not enjoy being a bit lazy on a cruise?)

Sorrow/Dispair (When it's time to get off the boat)

Maybe I need a bit more than some holy jeans to help with all that....

The signs I've always seen say that shorts, t-shirts, and bathing suits, and strapless shirts are not allowed.

So jeans should be fine.

Jeans are fine regardless of night...even on formal nights.

However.....women can wear "strapless" tops (shirts) whenever and wherever they want to...so don't understand you adding this to your comment at all :confused:

Yes, jeans are okay even without feeling the need to qualify with things like "without holes" or "expensive." Believe it or not, no one will ask you to produce a receipt to prove how much your jeans cost.

Though, as someone else already pointed out, particularly on Caribbean itineraries, a pair of lightweight tan or black pants/slacks might be more comfortable than jeans.

Agreed. :eek: I saw a 150.00 pair of jeans the other day. Thats expensive to me. They had holes in them and looked 20 years old :o

However.....women can wear "strapless" tops (shirts) whenever and wherever they want to...so don't understand you adding this to your comment at all :confused:

Tank tops is what the OP is looking for I think which are not strapless at all. And women are allowed to wear them

Absolutely yes, I brought 2 jeans with hole a few year back to the cruise. I didn't bring any to my last cruise not because I don't like them but because jeans with hole are no longer trending in fashion but wear whatever you want

Edited by mcatmcat

Glad I saw this one... So men are not allowed to wear shorts to the MDR? First cruise coming up on Allure in 30 DAYS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On non-formal nights i have frequently worn nice knee length khaki shorts with a collared button down short sleeve shirt to the MDR (including on Allure last month).

However, I always make sure I am wearing shoes and socks to the MDR...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by fletch1027

The signs I've always seen say that shorts, t-shirts, and bathing suits, and strapless shirts are not allowed.

So jeans should be fine.

Hi, strapless shirts, I've never seen any of those. Do you mean sleeveless shirts. Lol

I think strapless refers to tube top type shirts. Tops with spaghetti straps still technically have straps.

Edited by gritsnc