Balcony, oceanview or internal?

Which room type?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which room type?

• Balcony
    • Oceanview
    • Interior

I'm going on a 10 day carnival cruise with my 3yr old son. It's our first cruise and I initially wanted a balcony room but now don't know if i can justify the $1000-$1300 increased price just to have a balcony. I'm just not sure if enough time would even be spent in the room to use the balcony alot, though also don't want to regret being stuck in an internal room if he decides he needs long naps every day from all the activity (he generally doesn't have day naps at the moment so not even sure if he'll nap ). Thoughys / recommendations? Thanks

Oh and we are going with another family who will have a balcony room.

With a toddler I would be going for an Ocean View . . Personally a good Ocean View we find better than balconies. You can really only use the balcony in port unless you are Horatio Hornblower - Too windy at sea. In any case you do not spend your life in the cabins, plenty of public space on most cruise ships .

Thanks everyone. There is an obscured window option on deck 4. By just looking at the photo of the boat the eindows look completely covered by the little boats. Is that the case or is there still decent views / lighting?

Go with the ocean view cabin, we usually go with an oceanview, had an interior once and won't do that again also had an odstructed view on deck 4 Carnival Spirit it had the french doors but also had a lifeboat in front of them, it was good to let natural light in the room but no view unless at a tender port then the lifeboat was gone.

Interior. I wouldn't pay $1300 extra just for a balcony, that would almost pay for another cruise :)

I have a balcony for my upcoming, only because it was a last minute deal and only $100 extra. Last year, I had an interior quad room. Even with four people.. it was fine! We really didn't spend much time in there. Overnight, we left the bridge cam on on the tv (muted) and that was our "window", we could see if it was daylight outside when we woke up.

At the end of the day, it really is up to you whether you think it will be worth that extra cost you. For me, the difference is too much, but I also don't have napping children to worry about.

$1300 is a lot more to pay. I only paid that for me & my son on a radiance cruise in an ocean view room.

I find an interior room with a small child not to be as good as an ocean view room. Whilst he rested during the day, I could at least see the ocean & at night watch the waves whilst he slept.

A balcony with a small child is a concern. No they don't fall over but they can still chuck things over board & you do worry.

Personally ...I go for a balcony every time and if I can afford it a suite. I want something as a reward for a lifetime of work.:D:D

Unfortunately there is such a rush for the suites that they never seem to put them on sale.:eek:

However with a child I would definitely go Ocean View , less stressful.

Oceanview if there isnt a huge price difference between inside and oceanview.

if you go for inside you won't have any trouble getting the little one to sleep or sleep in . Best sleep i ever have is on a cruise, inside being rocked to sleep!!

Agree with oceanview or interior.

If you only have obstructed oceanview left, the obstructions vary so it's hard to say. But if you only want it for the view and not sure of the obstruction, unless the difference is little I'd just go for the inside as you may be disappointed by the obstruction. The main value of the obstructed oceanviews is they let light in so you know when it's morning/night more easily.

Here is a short 3 min video I put together of our Carnival Spirit & Legend cruise's, a little teaser video of what to expect on a South Pacific Carnival cruise, there is a shot of an ocean view cabin and also an obstructed view cabin when the lifeboat was gone due to being at a tender port.

Enjoy.....

Edited by lagoon380

We are happy on cruises with interiors but we do not spend time in them during the day. We have also cruised oceanview and find it better if you are there a lot during the day.

If you get an obstructed try to check out photos of the view (or lack of it) on the internet. Their is a web site for Princess obstucted views I don't know if such a site for Carnival.